Random video game news.

Rosbjerg

whole buncha surprises the last few pages...

i shall only comment on one:

silent hill top down multiplayer game? i will be very impressed if they manage to make that feel like silent hill (ie scary, isolated, atmospheric, palpable sense of dread). it will probably end up more like that Hunter: The Reckoning top down action game that was on the gamecube.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I must say this years Gamescom (and E3) is/was quite disappointing so far.

What I expected and didn't get:

Project Redlime (Syndicate)

New Rockstar game (AGENT please)

New Crytek game (and no, nobody gives a **** about Warface)

New Obsidian game (I swear Ferg said something)

Instead, we got the same old and boring **** from E3 and before.

That really wonders me why Gamescom even exists?

For the moneyz. Fat German kids gonna pay for anything to line up 4 hours to play Modern Warfare 3

Say what you will but CDProjekt caters to their fans, go CDProjekt!

The Witcher was the last game I bought at full price and I don't regret it at all especially when I see stuff like this.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Five years ago I was all for goodies in special editions as the old boxes were dying out but this is becoming obscene.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Statues/action figures/etc are basically an instant no-buy to me. I like a pretty box and extras that fit in there, but am hurting for space (and action figures is an aspect of geek culture I actually did outgrow 15-20 years ago...)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Kinda pointless for a game that you finish in 6 hours and then forget about the next day.

You're not going to forget the money spent with that ugly plastic figure staring you in the face every day.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Looks better than the Geralt plaster head.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Kinda pointless for a game that you finish in 6 hours and then forget about the next day.

You're not going to forget the money spent with that ugly plastic figure staring you in the face every day.

Why spending money on some stupid object when you can spend that money on a new game instead? It's really that "Oh look, the neighbours have a bigger and nicer garden dwarve than us" mentality I never understood.

It's a ****ing object, nothing else.

Depends on how much you like the game I suppose. Usually I like these sort of editions in theory but most of the time the actual contents aren't that exciting/interesting.

The only edition of the sort I have is the Witcher Enhanced Editon, and the actual extras are either boring or unnecesary - and compared to this stuff the enhanced edition is positively modest.

I think steel dvd cases are great because they look good and are durable but unfortunately they aren't all that common. I only have the Jade Empire one and I'm still refusing to buy the Red Alert 3 one until they introduce a patch that does away with the limited activations and securom.

I posted that in the Witcher 2 topic. CD Projekt rules.

Do NOT buy Red Alert 3 :p Well unless they include Gemma Atkinson , game was just poor.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Do NOT buy Red Alert 3 :p Well unless they include Gemma Atkinson , game was just poor.

I thought it was fun, but the way they handled the campaign plot was just strange. Like each campaign existed in a completely alternate universe. The changes in characterization between campaigns could not be explained by the player's actions.

Mainly hurt coming off C&C 3 to that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The only and ever time I ordered a CE was Bioshock. You know, with the Big Daddy figure inside. Turned out I didn't like it, so I gave it to the Gypsies. And the soundtrack can be easily obtained through other means.

Yeah the figurine looks much better on the pics than in real life. Its sold separately in some stores here.