Random video game news.

Rosbjerg

Inside Starbreeze

Long but interesting read.

Basically, the new Starbreeze has nothing to do with the old anymore. All the senior staff left for Machine Games (owned by Bethesda), and the focus of Starbreeze is not so much about tech and narrative anymore, but about gameplay.

Well, still looking forward to Project Redlime.

Inside Starbreeze

Long but interesting read.

I'll have to check it out.

Basically, the new Starbreeze has nothing to do with the old anymore. All the senior staff left for Machine Games (owned by Bethesda), and the focus of Starbreeze is not so much about tech and narrative anymore, but about gameplay.
What... what... what

Never really cared for their tech, though. But they made really good games.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Only if they're referring to the PC copies. Online Pass systems are primarily for consoles. Steamworks does that function and more, so they may only be referring to consoles.

I fail to see why Relic was even chosen to make this, their one and only action game was a miserable failure.
Because the people who originally made it did such a poor job that the publisher/GW went safe and hired Relic.

Starbreeze = FPS company.
Enclave = FPS?

One of the Important People at Games Workshop loves UMs. Like, a helluvalot. To the point where everyone that doesn't love UMs hates him.

I'm having trouble getting past the absurd licensing.

Batman is one of the better license they (were forced) to use.

Batman is a good license. It's not a good license for an FPS. And they're making a rather wacky spin on it that made West's Batman look like serious business. It's just weird.

I'm okay with weird, usually. But this is out of left field.

new counterstrike game is cool, i probably won't play it, but i'm happy for all those people who im sure are very excited. i'll keep being patient till half life 3.

will probably see left 4 dead 3 before HL3 though ...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"Good" news for the gaming industry.

Worst month for retail video game sales since October 2006.

?There is no getting around the fact that video game sales in the new physical retail channel suffered its lowest month since October 2006,? said Anita Frazier, an analyst for NPD.

Yeah, ain't it fun that nearly all 2nd half games are released in november. And all get crushed by two FPS :thumbsup:

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

?There is no getting around the fact that video game sales in the new physical retail channel suffered its lowest month since October 2006,? said Anita Frazier, an analyst for NPD.

Yeah, ain't it fun that nearly all 2nd half games are released in november. And all get crushed by two FPS 8)

Ridicilous. Did anyone release anything even remotely intresting in July? In the next 3 months there's like 8 games coming out that I would like to get...

Hate the living, love the dead.

Yeah, ain't it fun that nearly all 2nd half games are released in november. And all get crushed by two FPS 8)

Ridicilous. Did anyone release anything even remotely intresting in July? In the next 3 months there's like 8 games coming out that I would like to get...

I don't think they actually released anything, interesting or not. :)

But yes, I agree it's ridiculous, if nothing gets released, nothing gets sold. A bit surprised nobody's even trying, considering even Deus Ex is coming out almost in September, I wouldn't be surprised if August was a pretty big hole, too. Are the game companies still operating under some suburban dream, where kids and young adults go do wholesome things for the summer, instead of staying in and playing games with AC during the day, and getting drunk in the evening? :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I don't think they actually released anything, interesting or not. 8)

But yes, I agree it's ridiculous, if nothing gets released, nothing gets sold. A bit surprised nobody's even trying, considering even Deus Ex is coming out almost in September, I wouldn't be surprised if August was a pretty big hole, too. Are the game companies still operating under some suburban dream, where kids and young adults go do wholesome things for the summer, instead of staying in and playing games with AC during the day, and getting drunk in the evening? :)

Few games in August:

Deus Ex, Sword of the Stars 2 (niche I know), LOTR, Morgoth's favourite Bodycount, Driver, Tropico 4 and Madden. And most of those are released later in the month. First half of August is like a void. Not a single even remotely intresting game released before the 16th of August.

September:

Might&Magic Heroes VI, Dead Island, Resistance 3, WH40K Space Marine, NHL 12, Red Orchestra 2, Rage, F1 2011, Gears of War 3 and FIFA 12.

October:

NBA 2K12, Ghost Recon: Future soldier, The Darkness 2, Dark Souls, Forza Motorsport 4, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Just Dance 3, Arkham City, Battlefield 3, Silent Hill: Downpour and Sims 3: Pets.

November:

Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, Metal Gear Solid Rising, Skyrim, Colonial Marines, NFS: The Run, Lego:Harry Potter, Saint Row, PES 2012, Halo Anniversary thingie, AC 3 and Old Republic.

Definately no need to release maybe few of those games in late June, July or early August.... Used vgreleases.com as source for the release dates. It's like back in the day with movies. Most/All blockbuster movies would be released between late August - end of May. Because they didn't think people would go and see movies during the summer.

Hate the living, love the dead.