Favourite Obsidian game?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones floats your boat?

• KOTOR II
    • Neverwinter Nights 2
    • Alpha Protocol
    • Fallout : New Vegas
    • Dungeon Siege III

I've signed up for this forum for no other reason than to gush over the amazing work you guys have done. The only game i havent played is Neverwinter Nights 2, but i will get around to it at some point!.

Alpha Protocol is my personal favourite. The negative reviews that game got were disgusting and i couldnt understand them at all. Im a regular poster over at Eurogamer and the thread (in the 'General Gaming' section) for AP is FULL of people, like myself, who adore the game. It is incredibly disappointing that Sega cant greenlight a sequel.

Im also a huge New Vegas fan. I went through Fallout 3 and enjoyed it immensely, but New Vegas absolutely blew it out of the water. Everything from the enviroment, characters, storyline and voice acting were superior........also, thank GOD for iron sights!!!!!. The worst part was a lot of people complaining about the game being full of bugs and glitches, however i didnt experience a single one through my 30+ hours of gameplay.

Today, i bought Dungeon Siege III. Its currently installing onto the 360 and i've even convicned my girlfriend to go for some co-op action!. Will report back with my thoughts later, but i am expecting awesomeness.

Great work guys, keep it up...........please?

It was a tough call. KotOR 2 is what brought me to these forums, so that was definitely a big one. But they've really hit their stride of late, and I found AP and FO:NV to be incredible games. I finished them both, which is rare for me with other games. I haven't finished DS3 so it wasn't really in the running. I gave NV my vote in the end because it indulged my sandbox spirit as well as told a great story.

I'd say Obsidian's only really outstanding game (that I have played) is MotB, but I refuse to vote for NWN2, because the OC is a pile of doo doo. KOTOR2 had its moments, but the unfinished ending really leaves something to be desired. AP dug its own grave and barely deserves a mention for the perk system, dynamic storytelling and really pioneering a new level of douchiness in video game protagonists. NV and DS3 I have skipped for the time being.

Edited by Purkake

KotOR II. It's the one I've played/finished the most times, and IMO is still the best-written thing OE has produced.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I'm probably a minority, but I like Storm of Zehir. Sucky voice acting aside, it was fun just creating my own party, running around and do some adventuring without endless corridors and write my own story so to speak. My favourite way of crpg gaming. Would I have wished for more and deeper dungeons, sure. More involved and more complex missions, sure. It was after all "only" an expansion. The freeform type of game appealed to me though :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For me tossup between Kotor2 and FNV, but I had to vote for FNV since I put in way more hours with that one overall. :lol:

I like DS3 quite a bit & admire that they tried to do something different with the genre, but it's not a game I see myself replaying for 200+ hours, haha.

I never did play NWN2....I started it when it was released, but didn't get far. I think at the time I was still very burnt out on the whole 'story rpg'/large party/D&D type game.

Alpha Protocol - not my kind of setting, but I do mean to try it someday.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I do need to give MotB another play. Ahh, that was back in my "only play evil characters" phase. To be young, again...

But then there's those stinking Warlock alignment restrictions.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I do need to give MotB another play. Ahh, that was back in my "only play evil characters" phase. To be young, again...

The evil path in MotB is obviously the one to take and you don't get some lackluster "and you died alone while crying yourself to sleep" ending either.

The evil path in MotB is obviously the one to take and you don't get some lackluster "and you died alone while crying yourself to sleep" ending either.

I ate a god!

Not every day you get to say that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I ate a god!

Not every day you get to say that.

I liked the part where you

tracked down your dead enemies' souls and gorged upon them

This is made only mildly disappointing by

the fact that you lose all your memories when you become a petitioner on an outer plane

Alpha Protocol. If we're talking about a game you fall in love with, not the 'best made game', there's no contest. It's ambitious, does most of the things it's ambitious about perfectly, it's unique, and it oozes cool. I'm the type that goes out of their way to set up elaborate mine traps, etc., even when I don't need to, which mitigates the combat's myriad problems somewhat. The 'best made game' is probably FNV, though.

kotor 2

even recognizing just how clumsy the climax and denouement o' kotor 2 were handled, obsidian's first game is still our favorite... by no small margin.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

K2. NV comes pretty close, and is better in a number of ways, but I just didn't enjoy the quests as much and somehow K2 is just more compelling. All Obsidian games are worthwhile, though I haven't played DS3 yet.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Would like to play or at least try KOTOR 1 & 2.

Have to search if they are possible on a Mac. :yucky:

Solo is not a myth to evil.

But a nighmare to the evil of the lands.

Ranger Lord Solo

One of my first PC games was Icewind Dale.

I got stuck with the Salamanders. Years later I found out you can change the difficulty of the game. "The balance." :)

Now I just finished Alpha Protocol. Gonna go Recruit/Hard.

Make another espionage RPG please! But this time with a Russian protagonist.