The funny things thread part 3

Tale

I would go even as far as saying that scandinavian cuisine in general stinks. Let me make it clear to you: While being in Scotland this summer, i enjoyed the local food so much that i not only tried the infamous haggis, i actually liked it so much that i ordered it twice. If Scottish cuisine is delicious compared to your p

Fortune favors the bald.

I guess that's why Noma is the best restaurant in the world? You just ate "peasant" food, which stinks no matter where you are, simply because it only has one purpose, to quickly and effectively fill your stomach and give you enough energy to work for 12 hours. Scandinavian cuisine is very good and so is British/Finnish/Russian food, if you stay clear of the rutter.

Peasant food in Mexico and India rocks.

No link, but here's a bit of news:

Creepy otaku are rejoicing at the release of the USB ONACON, an electronic USB dutch wife being sold bundled together with eroge classic 3D Custom Girl, finally bringing the latest in onanistic technology to ****-stained PCs everywhere.

The main feature of the Onacon is the

Edited by Oner

I guess you are referring to what you can find in America? Because in India, peasant food is dripping with fat and oil and is so pumped with coriander or other cheap spices that you can't taste anything except that.

Fortune favors the bald.

I guess you are referring to what you can find in America? Because in India, peasant food is dripping with fat and oil and is so pumped with coriander or other cheap spices that you can't taste anything except that.

That sounds delicious!

Pizza was Italian peasant food.

It's still better than the British Royal dish for sure.

Therefor, Italian peasants have better taste than the English royalty.

Was that you, chasing those swans around Hyde Park?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think that we can agree that Italian hobos eat better than English royalty.

There's a reason the only popular brit plate its fish and chips. :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I think that we can agree that Italian hobos eat better than English royalty.

There's a reason the only popular brit plate its fish and chips. :)

Historically speaking, England was the high cuisine capital of the known world (at least the European part) a few centuries ago. The idea that the UK only produces crap food is pretty much recent, or at least just over the last century. Pretty much the industrial revolution and the shift to certain type of foods which are generally considered heavy/greasy to the folks from the continent..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Historically speaking, England was the high cuisine capital of the known world (at least the European part) a few centuries ago. The idea that the UK only produces crap food is pretty much recent, or at least just over the last century. Pretty much the industrial revolution and the shift to certain type of foods which are generally considered heavy/greasy to the folks from the continent..

True, except that high class cuisine was made from the crap parts of animals. So I've no doubt you're right.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

To be best of my knowledge, Raithe is correct. English cuisine not only benefited from being at the centre of a vast empire, but our lower classes ate better than many other nations. Admittedly because we were taking bread and rice directly from those nations, but the point is sound.

I might also point out, since it is Remembrance week, that much of our changed habits in eating came about following the first and second World Wars. You Euros might spare a thought for our contribution to fighting against the subjugation of the whole damned continent, with all its sacrifices in the kitchen, before acting so bloody superior. We were on rationing until well into the 1950s, you know.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guys, don't make me post pictures of the k. u. k. Viennese cuisine 'cause that will only make you slobber your shirts full.

bring out the big guns, that'll shut up some.

village_idiot.gif

Hm, suddenly my penne dinner seems inadequate.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And now we need a rebuttal from the British portion of the forum. Bring forth your best dishes!

village_idiot.gif

I think this thread should be renamed from "funny things" to "yet another absurd **** measuring contest". -_-

Spoken like a man who doesn't want his **** measured. Feeling self conscious, are we? :)

village_idiot.gif