Deus Ex 3

Rosbjerg

Expected as much from PCG, they seemed pretty in love with it during previews, even more so than the usual preview wankery. The "slight shift away from improvisation and wide open spaces" is interesting though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Maybe I'll wait for a demo or some thorough impressions here before I buy. Will not buy day 1 for sure.

People don't do that for every game ? Hmm. I might wait 4 months for a potential appearance on the Steam Christmas sale.

Got an 80 from OPM - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/31358...ew-8/10-in-opm/

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not sure I even dig that kind of games anymore.

Stealthing/Crouching through shiny warehouse halls filled with cyborgs, putting out cams, hacking computer panels, talking to stiff plastic faces, I dunno. I liked those kind of games many years ago, but nowadays I'm more into the "fast paced" (read: not dumbed down) games. Maybe I've grown too impatience.

Meanwhile, I have preordered the Nordic edition for PS3 and the Augmented edition (from amazon uk) for PC. :)

You have too much money. :shifty:

No, you're just cheapskates! :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Eh, I pre-ordered the Augmented Edition from Amazon.co.uk and its only ?25. Well, it was when I pre-ordered it about 6 months ago. Now it's back up to the "Retail price ?44, but reduced to ?35 that's the standard Amazon charge for new games. But I still only have to pay the lesser price.

And yes, I have a geeky happy dance for that price. :shifty:

Edit: And for some reason this keeps turning my pound signs into question marks..

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

There should be an edition with sunglasses.

"the Deus Ex of our age, a genuinely worthy prequel, and a game that puts almost everything else in the genre to shame."

I just wonder...what genre would that be?

The sci-fi-action augmentation-oriented roleplaying game genre. Or SFAAORPG.

Fortune favors the bald.

Stealthing/Crouching through shiny warehouse halls filled with cyborgs, putting out cams, hacking computer panels, talking to stiff plastic faces, I dunno. I liked those kind of games many years ago, but nowadays I'm more into the "fast paced" (read: not dumbed down) games. Maybe I've grown too impatience.

So why are you excited about Dishonored again?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

So why are you excited about Dishonored again?

Because it won't be a wannabe RPG that wastes your time spending in menus and upgrading stuff?

Meanwhile, I have preordered the Nordic edition for PS3 and the Augmented edition (from amazon uk) for PC. :o

I have the expensive 360 version with the Jensen figure pre-ordered, despite the game having such pointy knees.

I actually decided to skip the CE. I might have even skipped the PC aug ed, if I hadn't preordered it from Amazon last year and wouldn't get it for an absurdly low price.

I was thinking about my game spending habits after the discussion earlier today. I came to the realization that games are generally fairly uniformly priced across the Eurozone. Yet Finland is one of the most expensive countries in the world. So I can kind of buy 2-3 copies of a game without blinking because I couldn't even get drunk for the same amount of money...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Apparently it's PC gamer UK that gave the high rating to DXHR and supposedly that's different to the PC gamer that scored DA2 and Crysis 2.

I'm still very skeptical of a score like that though...especially with a comment as praiseworthy as "Puts every other game in the genre to shame" I mean geez that's a bit much.

Either way, I'm still looking forward to this game what with all the praises the leak got from even the most cynical gamers. I just hope it won't be a disappointment like DA2 or (to a lesser extent) Witcher 2.

MFW I'm having a whiskey and smoke while waiting for my copy.

130968567056.jpg

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Holy crap that concept art looks amazing. Also, I'm slow but does that weird indent on Jensen's forehead have the Sarif industries logo in it? Poor guy is walking product placement.

Yeah, it represents brain implants.

Fortune favors the bald.