Commercial success

" I liked it much more than Dragon Age and DA2 from BioWare. "

K.

Yeah, thanks for the cynical and highly sarcastic reply. Except DA and DA2 were garbage. DA is a bit of a personal preference thing, but DA2 is universally known throughout the gaming industry as a complete and utter failure as a game. And here's why.

1) The story sucked.

2) Choices... what choices. Unlike DA, in DA2 choices don't mean anything.

3) Combat was "button=awesome"

4) Tactics went out the window with their (BioWare's) nonthought-out "wave system"

5) Literally enemies were beamed down from the Starship Enterprise.

6) Backflipping Skydiving Paladins in full-plate armor

7) The money system sucks in both games

:) The city of Kirkwall is a lifeless husk... contrary to lore and canon where it is supposedly the busiest/fullest city in the world post-Blight

9) The developers are arrogant pricks, namely Mike Laidlaw and they can't even admit mistakes.

10) There is a grand total of 6 dungeons in the game and they are reused over and over and over and over again.

There is actually a list of about 50 things that suck about DA2. I just can't be arsed to go on for someone like you. If you think BioWare/EA's s*** don't stink and you want to worship their godawful game designing then go for it. More power to you, I on the other hand will gladly continue playing good games like TW2 and DS3.

Wow, I'm surprised Alice is doing so well.

It's worth noting that Alice is getting price cuts pretty much everywhere (including a $20 price cut on Amazon, which would explain why it's selling so well now, considering it did pretty badly initially, as far as I recall).

Still, staying on-topic, all the reports I've seen so far seem to indicate that Dungeon Siege III is not doing well sales-wise.

Still, staying on-topic, all the reports I've seen so far seem to indicate that Dungeon Siege III is not doing well sales-wise.

Well its still doing way better than Alpha Protocol did from memory though that is not saying much.

Edited by C2B

How many times do I have to repeat myself? AP is 700k SHIPPED, go dig up the thread if you have to. We don't know how many SEGA actually had to buy back(having to buy inventory back is bad, by the way).

Obviously DS3 will do better, considering its much wider target audience and fortuitous release date.

"Obviously DS3 will do better, considering its much wider target audience and fortuitous release date."

No, that isn't obvious. Though, it certainly can't be worse than AP quality wise. Can it? I surely hope not.

I just wished FO3.5:LV didn't use the FO3 engine or else I'd have tried that since it actually seems to be the only 'recent' Obsidian game that actually gets real praise from non Obsidian fanboys.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"2) Not a high budget project."

It needed a budget big enough to pay 100+ of Obsidian's employees for at least a couple of years.

DS3 team wasn't that big. They had both FNV ( + dlcs) and DS3 in development at the same time.

Based on the credits I'd say the team was about 40-50 people (cba to count the exact number).

Hate the living, love the dead.

"2) Not a high budget project."

It needed a budget big enough to pay 100+ of Obsidian's employees for at least a couple of years.

DS3 team wasn't that big. They had both FNV ( + dlcs) and DS3 in development at the same time.

Based on the credits I'd say the team was about 40-50 people (cba to count the exact number).

And the design team was around 9 people

But is it really hate when you just want your old alcohol-addled and run down hero to finally get himself clean and live a full life? He keeps making empty promises and half-hearted attempts, but the spirit just isn't there.

Do you just give up and let him do what he wants or do you stand by him, try to poke him in the right direction, tell him to never give up, never surrender, to the bitter end?

Edited by Purkake

VGchartz has their new numbers and it isn't looking that bad for DSIII (at least for the first week)

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/45443...geon-siege-iii/

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/45442...geon-siege-iii/

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/47140...geon-siege-iii/

(Naturally VGchartz is still unreliable as hell. Just posting)

Edited by C2B

VGchartz has their new numbers and it isn't looking that bad for DSIII (at least for the first week)

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/45443...geon-siege-iii/

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/45442...geon-siege-iii/

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/47140...geon-siege-iii/

(Naturally VGchartz is still unreliable as hell. Just posting)

Well, in this case, this is just good news. VGchartz is notorious for "under-selling" the numbers. So really we are looking at DS3 doing well in week 1. Not surprising, I just wish the forum community here was a bit more active.

If those numbers are accurate (which they are mosta ssuredly not), DS3 would haveb to be considered a bomb. 130 000 in the first week? That means DEAD GAME NOT SELLING.

Unless it oplans to kep those numbers the same for the next 3 months it'll be lucky to sell half a mil.

Thankfully, it's vghcratz so the numbers are auto bogus.

If those numbers are accurate (which they are mosta ssuredly not), DS3 would haveb to be considered a bomb. 130 000 in the first week? That means DEAD GAME NOT SELLING.

162'000 Also this isn't really a low number compared to other games on vgchartz and nearly the highest new game. And don't forget the game still has to be released in Japan where the Square Enix Name could do for a little push in Sales.

Edited by C2B

For a mainstream game from a mainstream publisher SS and a well known developer like Obsidian, and the 3rd game and a hugely popular series that has sold millions.. that is a very low number.

DA2 sold over a mil in 1 week, and some were trying to claim it as a 'failure'. Come on, 162k in 1 week is fail. No way to spin doctor . Thankfully, vghcartz is a joke so these numbers mean nothing.

For a mainstream game from a mainstream publisher SS and a well known developer like Obsidian, and the 3rd game and a hugely popular series that has sold millions.. that is a very low number.

DA2 sold over a mil in 1 week, and some were trying to claim it as a 'failure'. Come on, 162k in 1 week is fail. No way to spin doctor . Thankfully, vghcartz is a joke so these numbers mean nothing.

Shipped != Sold

Also most of those units that were "sold" were pre-orders, and of those over 60% were returned to GameStop in that first week. Perhaps you should... visit the DA2 forums on the BioWare Social Network before you further shove-foot-in-mouth. It's obvious now that you don't know what you are talking about.

"Shipped != Sold

Also most of those units that were "sold" were pre-orders, and of those over 60% were returned to GameStop in that first week. Perhaps you should... visit the DA2 forums on the BioWare Social Network before you further shove-foot-in-mouth. It's obvious now that you don't know what you are talking about. "

L0L random number alert! "60%"

R00fles!

DA2 has sold 2mil+ copies and sold 1mil+ copies in the first week. This is fact. Deal with it. ;)

Your ignorance of how this all works is hilarious.

"Shipped != Sold

Also most of those units that were "sold" were pre-orders, and of those over 60% were returned to GameStop in that first week. Perhaps you should... visit the DA2 forums on the BioWare Social Network before you further shove-foot-in-mouth. It's obvious now that you don't know what you are talking about. "

L0L random number alert! "60%"

R00fles!

DA2 has sold 2mil+ copies and sold 1mil+ copies in the first week. This is fact. Deal with it. ;)

Your ignorance of how this all works is hilarious.

Random PR preople throwing a number doesn't count as a fact.

J_C from Codexia

I don't think the line on DA2's success or lack thereof is all that relevant here. We do have a DA2 thread floating around somewhere in computer and console if you really want to talk about it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"Random PR preople throwing a number doesn't count as a fact."

EA is not 'random PR people'. EA, btw, unlike us, cannot lie. They could get into a lot of legalty rouble since they are publically traded with shareholders.

"I don't think the line on DA2's success or lack thereof is all that relevant here. "

True.

Back to DS3... Xcgchartz are a joke so thankfully those can't be takens erious as that number they have is horribad.