Possible DLCs discussion

In order of preference, I would take...

1. A Last Stand/Arena type mode.

-You could copy and paste Last Stand Mode from Dawn of War II and i'd be eternally happy.

-You could make the characters generic classes, or leave them as characters doesn't matter.

-You could have loot drops or specific purchases dependent on score.

-Loads of options here really, and I think everyone would be happy with just about anything from this department.

2. New Game+

-With optional Insane difficulty. Don't have to raise the level cap, just churn out uber loot throughout the Insane Campaign

3. A proper expansion

-While this is the least favorable route i'd like to take, its still great and i'd buy it.

-Throw in all the standards from a good expansion. New Characters, Items, Level Increase, and a large new world to explore.

I'll really take just about anything for this game though, thats just my order of preference personally. I'm already excited about my second playthrough on another character and I haven't even finished my first.

But if Obsidian added a Last Stand type mode to this game, my friends and I would play Dungeon Siege III for years...

• 2 weeks later...

http://campbellgrege.com/resume/

Dec 2010 - Present | Obsidian Entertainment - Irvine, California

I worked in quality assurance and provided thorough feedback for each of these releases: Dungeon Siege III (PC, PS3, Xbox 360), Dungeon Siege III DLC1, and the Fallout: New Vegas DLCs Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road (PC, PS3, Xbox 360).

Edited by funcroc

I worked in quality assurance and provided thorough feedback for each of these releases: Dungeon Siege III (PC, PS3, Xbox 360), Dungeon Siege III DLC1, and the Fallout: New Vegas DLCs Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road (PC, PS3, Xbox 360).

If it was/is already in production the chances are high that at least one will be released.

Edited by C2B

If it was/is already in production the chances are high that at least one will be released.

Funcroc, you are getting the guy in trouble! Though all the previous evidence has pointed out that they are in fact making one :(

I would imagine they will release at least one DLC for the game with Brennecke as the project director. Future DLCs are pending on how well the game&dlc sells.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Man i'm itching for some DLC for this game. I've been picking up many random games lately (Fear 3, DW: Gundam 3, Shadows of the Damned) and I find myself just wanting to play more Dungeon Siege. Although Fear 3 is amazing I must say. Shadows of the Damned is really good too, and very funny. Just not a game for children, not even a little bit.

Annnyway. Yeah please come on with the DLC. While I hope mostly for an arena i'm willing to bet its a traditional DLC, and i'm fine with that. I just want more Dungeon Siege :(

I'm hoping for at least one DLC, for sure. One that would help with replay value in some fashion, with items or new skills or a new chr. class or difficulty mode etc. etc.

And I wouldn't turn my nose up at more Crispin Lucas content, either. :shifty: Not that I expect it. Seems like DLC's typically go for brand new chrs & additive storylines/new areas.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Open world/sandbox.

If you're going to add your voice to the discussion, it's usually wise to voice a suggestion that is at least reasonable. Think about what you are asking for compared in scope of the baseline game. It was never designed to be open world or even sandbox. It's an unreasonable request and you would have added nothing to the discussion.

However I think it's already been mentioned but I campaign for modes like NewGame+ and Arena. Easily designed and easily implemented. There is little to no story to write and only a small fraction of existing code would need to be modified. And I am sure if the asking price was reasonable a lot of fans would pay for them. So that would be a payoff vs. man hours. Little work for more money. And the other dozen ways to simplify the business concept.

New Game+ is only "easily designed and easily implemented" if it is half-arsed. i.e. add 30 to every single monster's level. That's what I struggle to understand about everyone that keeps asking for NG+. I can see why people would want it, or think it should have been in, but for DLC? You've already mastered all your abilities, so where do you go unless you just want a character that only grows in HP/Attack/Will? The loot tables only go up so far, so they'd have to be extended, but then you'd want your new high level loot to have different textures/models, wouldn't you? Simply making all monsters higher level would play havoc with game balance making a horribly skewed experience, so you'd need to touch them up again, too. Redo the stores as well.

It's the same as people asking for a higher level cap - it's not just a matter of changing '30' to '35', because if you did just that your experience with those new levels would suck a lot.

Actually, my sense is that Arena might even be easier.

New Game+ is only "easily designed and easily implemented" if it is half-arsed. i.e. add 30 to every single monster's level. That's what I struggle to understand about everyone that keeps asking for NG+. I can see why people would want it, or think it should have been in, but for DLC? You've already mastered all your abilities, so where do you go unless you just want a character that only grows in HP/Attack/Will? The loot tables only go up so far, so they'd have to be extended, but then you'd want your new high level loot to have different textures/models, wouldn't you? Simply making all monsters higher level would play havoc with game balance making a horribly skewed experience, so you'd need to touch them up again, too. Redo the stores as well.

It's the same as people asking for a higher level cap - it's not just a matter of changing '30' to '35', because if you did just that your experience with those new levels would suck a lot.

Actually, my sense is that Arena might even be easier.

While you are correct, you seem to forget that all this that involves the small factors that would have to be rebalanced and "tweeked" would ALSO have to be worked on if they add new story content and extend the amount of play via storyline. Even in Arena they would have to consider progression otherwise the gameplay would stagnate and as much fun as it may be to use the same 9 skills at the same level, killing the same waves over and over... it would get old quick.

So with all do respect... I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and leave a better argument in the pot. (that's supposed to be dry humor, but a lot of truth is said in jest)

While you are correct, you seem to forget that all this that involves the small factors that would have to be rebalanced and "tweeked" would ALSO have to be worked on if they add new story content and extend the amount of play via storyline.

Yeah, but it would be less problematic, since apparently not a lot of people even get to the actual level cap. A new story-mode could also be simple accompanied by new abilities for the characters, which is something that is a lot more easy to design and balance than tweaking the entire game, from the encounter system to the loot tables, in order to have a good NewGame+.

While you are correct, you seem to forget that all this that involves the small factors that would have to be rebalanced and "tweeked" would ALSO have to be worked on if they add new story content and extend the amount of play via storyline.

Yeah, but it would be less problematic, since apparently not a lot of people even get to the actual level cap. A new story-mode could also be simple accompanied by new abilities for the characters, which is something that is a lot more easy to design and balance than tweaking the entire game, from the encounter system to the loot tables, in order to have a good NewGame+.

Look, I'm not really trying to start a debate. But as an apprentice programmer myself, I've worked on some Indie projects and some large mod/conversion projects for other games. I've also been a QA tester in the industry for various companies for the last 5 years. As well as I am working on a Bachelor's degree in Gaming and Simulation Programming. So with that background and that much experience in the field....

I can tell you that both are equally difficult but not as much as you think. Although personally I would rather modify existing code and content as opposed to completely starting from the ground up in regards to new story content, new characters, a lot more 3d models and textures, new enemies, new maps that cover vast amounts of new areas. There really is a lot more work involved in creating new and original content rather than modifying existing content.

Man i'm itching for some DLC for this game. I've been picking up many random games lately (Fear 3, DW: Gundam 3, Shadows of the Damned) and I find myself just wanting to play more Dungeon Siege.

I noticed that too, there is something about Dungeon Siege 3 that is very compelling and addictive, probably smart intense combat accompanied with good animation.

Man i'm itching for some DLC for this game. I've been picking up many random games lately (Fear 3, DW: Gundam 3, Shadows of the Damned) and I find myself just wanting to play more Dungeon Siege.

I noticed that too, there is something about Dungeon Siege 3 that is very compelling and addictive, probably smart intense combat accompanied with good animation.

I will say Fear 3 was one of the most intense shooters i've ever played. Many heart-pounding segments that kept me on the edge of my seat (seriously, my leg went numb). Coupled with great coop and some really awesome multiplayer modes. Highly recommend this game, ignore the negative reviews try it.

Shadows of the Damned is a grindhouse version of Resident Evil 4. The main character is actually pretty funny and the banter between him and his gun Johnson is hilarious at times. The 3rd person shooter mechanics are tight and the game is fun. It's just really really weird....

Gundam 3 is another DW game with Gundams. And with this one, if you're not a huge Gundam fan the game makes no attempt to explain what is going on in the universe what so ever. This game is almost entirely fan service, and thats not bad if you're a huge Gundam nut. If you're not into Gundam, pass on this one. BTW Combat is solid and theres a ton of Gundams to acquire and customize, just very very repetitive gameplay (more so than any other game I can think of right now).

I have a unique access to almost the entire xbox 360 library and I can take any game I want at my leisure. Theres even a ton of games I want to play through, but I can't stop playing DSIII even though i've already beaten it.

Playing as Lucas on hardcore is so amazingly satisfying. The way his combat works is just beautiful. Not to mention I find his dialogue the best, and its so easy to get behind Lucas Montbarron as he quests to rebuild the Legion his father once commanded. Pretty cool in my opinion.

Playing as Lucas on hardcore is so amazingly satisfying. The way his combat works is just beautiful. Not to mention I find his dialogue the best, and its so easy to get behind Lucas Montbarron as he quests to rebuild the Legion his father once commanded. Pretty cool in my opinion.

I agree completely, I even tried to play as another character but all the way I'm thinking 'why am I not playing as Lucas' and then again goes the 3rd Lucas playthrough.

First one didn't feel good anyway because I let Rajani live.., in the third one, I'm not letting anyone live, including Dapper Old Gent.

Heh, I'm the same way, only w/Anjali. I started a Lucas and Reinhart game but haven't much past entering the Manor with either.

I like Anjali's fire form too much...plus I like Lucas' companion comment lines too much. Lucas' wheel dialogue or Anjali's companion lines aren't as charming to me when you go Lucas/Anjali instead. I know, I'm weird.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And see, I like Katarina. Nothing puts bosses down like Flintlock Fury... soooo OP.

:lol:

This all reminds me of how I could rarely play anything but Sorcies in D2. Oh I played all the other classes at least once, but I must have made a dozen Sorc's....funny how we all get attached/prefer certain chrs, whatever the reasons.

...back on topic, I'm hoping for more stuff like caverns and caves that one can go into and take a peek, vs. building and courtyard mazes that tend to lead to some main plot/quest boss. The latter are nice/fun and all, but traveling a road, seeing a cave opening and going in to see what's in it is something missing from DS3. I don't need a ton of that sort of thing, but a little would be nice.

Edited by LadyCrimson

...back on topic, I'm hoping for more stuff like caverns and caves that one can go into and take a peek, vs. building and courtyard mazes that tend to lead to some main plot/quest boss. The latter are nice/fun and all, but traveling a road, seeing a cave opening and going in to see what's in it is something missing from DS3.

That being said Dungeon Siege 3 has the best looking caves in this genre, I think it's the lighting that does the trick.