Duke got Nuked

Cutlock

Well, don't trust Gearbox.

Basically 15 years in development that Gearbox ruined and made it a 45 % average for the Xbox 360.

What if Obsidian made Duke Nukem: Forever. How would things be different? You tell me. Ill list my thoughts later.

There is a thread for this, but blaming Gearbox completely seems a bit silly. If there was a good game in there during those 15 years, it probably would have been released at some point.

I did not know of any such thread.

I am blaming Gearbox because when they took over development, could they not have added features that would have made it good? I mean, didn't they have two years to add all this stuff into a game that was already virtually made.

Moved to the right forum; also see the other Duke thread.

Did Gearbox really have DNF for two years? I thought less than a year just to get it out the door.

Yeah, but that's a whole different topic.

That is about Duke's return.

This is about: what if Obsidian made Duke Nukem: Forever and Gearbox failing.

DNF dev with Gearbox started in 2009 with coaltion from Tryptch. Gearbox got full control on the project in 2010.

DNF dev with Gearbox started in 2009 with coaltion from Tryptch. Gearbox got full control on the project in 2010.

What an odd question. Obsidian wouldn't likely deal with DNF as Obsidian = RPG developers. Its impossible to say how they would have handled DNF and it doesn't really matter. I think a better question would be:

Should Gearbox be thanked for saving this game from never being finished, or condemned for swooping in, 'polishing' (and I use that term loosely) the game and releasing it full price when at max it should be a $30 relic.

What an odd question. Obsidian wouldn't likely deal with DNF as Obsidian = RPG developers. Its impossible to say how they would have handled DNF and it doesn't really matter. I think a better question would be:

Should Gearbox be thanked for saving this game from never being finished, or condemned for swooping in, 'polishing' (and I use that term loosely) the game and releasing it full price when at max it should be a $30 relic.

Not that odd when you think about it. Alpha Protocol, hello? Not a bad game. Good for some bad for others, mixed for some.

DNF: bad for some, mixed for others.

A DNF rpg would be taken up at least as bad. Especially a DNF rpg by Obsidian.

Duke Nukem just isn't an rpg franchise.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'd invest all my skill points in chewing bubblegum.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'd buy it, if you can have a romance with boobs.

I can't say I've ever wanted a romance with boobs. I prefer women, with boobs :thumbsup:

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

If Obsidian made DNF, it would be buggy as **** and missing the ending.

But the writing and characters would be good.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

If Obsidian made DNF, it would be buggy as **** and missing the ending.

But the writing and characters would be good.

Those are also the least important things in a Duke game. :lol:

The makers of DNF also forgot the most important thing: fun. :ermm:

Interesting news: DNF PR group The Redner Group gets fired for tweet "Too many went too far with their reviews

I fail to see how it can be blamed on Gearbox. :ermm:

I rather have OE work on RPG's, not Shooters. BioWare already fills that role...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I object strenuously to you blaming Gearbox. I ran into some of their senior guys a few years ago, and they were very switched on. Not to mention that I've played and enjoyed many of their games.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah, Gearbox knows a thing or two about shooters.

This is really (mostly) 3DRs work. Gearbox just finished up the remaining 20% plus they ported it to consoles.

It's all George Broussards fault that the game is so backward and misogynistic. Overall, it's still a fun romp. Just don't pay full price for it. And don't take the game too serious.

Yeah, Gearbox knows a thing or two about shooters.

This is really (mostly) 3DRs work. Gearbox just finished up the remaining 20% plus they ported it to consoles.

It's all George Broussards fault that the game is so backward and misogynistic. Overall, it's still a fun romp. Just don't pay full price for it. And don't take the game too serious.

I don't think the misogyny is a bad thing per se, it's just you have to treat the subject matter with enough respect that people don't think you're just being a jackass.

Personally if I were given the Duke Brand I'd probably have it so that the universe he lives in with all the misogyny and such would be almost VR for him, with the glasses he wears turning everything into a male idealist world.

Hell you could probably make a pretty good game mechanic and story around just that fact, and have the entire game being him going from out and out 90's idiocy, to being more bad ass with a bit of the fact that he's unashamed to be a guy.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.