Dragon Age 2

Gorth

im definitely not making the same mistake twice. will wait for reviews on DA3. same for ME3. DA2 really soured me on preordering anything published by EA for a while. throw in the removal of crysis 2 and BF3 from steam and you've got me pretty hard pressed to find a reason to give them money for much of anything right now.

i will probably end up waiting for GOTY edition, at least for DA3.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Knowing my luck, that will mean they'll keep everything I hated in DA2, and add back everything I hated from DA:O. :lol:

ahhhh the perfect game. :x

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I never found any of that stuff in any shop or loot (not that I really needed it either).

Of course you didn't, you craft the potions yourself. Sounds to me like you needed it, if you had to replay the dlc with a different character? :lol:

There is going to be a DA 3 ?.

Why

DA2 sold tons and, apparently, in the real world a lot of people liked it? :x

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

DA2 combat can stay, as long as it's made more deadly. In DA:O one enemy mage could easily whup your entire party, in DA2 enemies were merely HP sinks. The only sporadic danger to your party were Qunari mages and Carta assassins.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

While no specific examples were shared, Dr. Muzyka seems enthusiastic about the new direction. "The team is going to have some things that are going to surprise both sets of fans, both core fans and new fans with a marriage of the best from both games, Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2," he promised.
This left me curious.

Bioware's original success was implementing a real-time combat simulation controlled by M&K to AD&D video game. The format didn't only satisfy some of existing AD&D fans but also successfully introduced it to new comers. Even when I'm not satisfied with the content of their games, I have to admit the game-play is solid, at least (Well, at least, before I stopped playing their games). Is that possible for them to make a game-play or an implementation to satisfy both real-time combat simulation players and action game ones at the same time? Indeed, I suggested a switchable game-play in Dungeon Siege III boards but it must be tough to implement...even if mechanism is successful, there must be a balancing issue. Hmmm... :ermm:

While no specific examples were shared, Dr. Muzyka seems enthusiastic about the new direction. "The team is going to have some things that are going to surprise both sets of fans, both core fans and new fans with a marriage of the best from both games, Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2," he promised.
This left me curious.

Bioware's original success was implementing a real-time combat simulation controlled by M&K to AD&D video game.

I can't be the only one who remembers the mass of whining back in the day? How they ruined dungeons and dragons and made it all "twitchy" with RTWP? That turn-based was the only way to implement the stregic elements properly?

Well, I do, and it's probably the source of most of my eye-rolling attitude when it comes to the DA2 changes. :ermm:

I can't be the only one who remembers the mass of whining back in the day? How they ruined dungeons and dragons and made it all "twitchy" with RTWP? That turn-based was the only way to implement the stregic elements properly?

Well, I do, and it's probably the source of most of my eye-rolling attitude when it comes to the DA2 changes. ;)

Yea, kinda history repeats itself. In fact, the game-play of Black Hound/FO3 (not Beth version) was planned to be switchable between RT/TB. Of course, I had already covered that part. :ermm:
The format didn't only satisfy some of existing AD&D fans but also successfully introduced it to new comers.

I finished Dragon Age: Awakening. The game's a bit of a mess (to say the least). I fully upgraded my Keep and thinking it well defended I chose to save the city of Amaranthine in the end, yet after all said and done according to the map and journal the Keep and everyone in it still died... forcing me to reload and let the city be burnt to the ground in order to save my Keep I had spent so much time and effort in (but, admittedly, the siege part was very well done). In the end, though, it was worth for the ending slide alone which mentioned my Elf warden having sacrificed the city on purpose out of revenge.

Sigrun's and Viconia's Velanna's personal quests never triggered either. Pity, because I liked them.

I finished Dragon Age: Awakening. The game's a bit of a mess (to say the least). I fully upgraded my Keep and thinking it well defended I chose to save the city of Amaranthine in the end, yet after all said and done according to the map and journal the Keep and everyone in it still died... forcing me to reload and let the city be burnt to the ground in order to save my Keep I had spent so much time and effort in (but, admittedly, the siege part was very well done). In the end, though, it was worth for the ending slide alone which mentioned my Elf warden having sacrificed the city on purpose out of revenge.

Sigrun's and Viconia's Velanna's personal quests never triggered either. Pity, because I liked them.

IIRC Sigrun is still potentially bugged in the current version, but I've never heard of the keep falling when fully upgraded.

Forgot to mention: it's nice how in the expansion archery and two-handed weapons suddenly become "awesome". As useless as Oghren was in Origins, the little guy's an unstoppable juggernaut in Awakening. Nathaniel did 200 damage a shot just by activating Accuracy.

High-level dual wielding talents suck in comparison, though it's funny killing a Revenant in five seconds with Unending flurry.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this the character from those live action shorts with Felicia Day?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Is this the character from those live action shorts with Felicia Day?

Yeah. The web series they're making centers around Day's character. I guess the DLC is for continuity and promotional purposes.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

Of course, fans immediately began asking if she was a romantic interest. :rolleyes:

Edited by MechanicalLemon

New story DLC announced: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/260/index/8334842

Sounds like Kasumi to me. :rolleyes:

'cept this is a similar stand-alone episode like Legacy, with none of the (imo pretty advanced) plug-in to the real story Kasumi had. :/

What did they do to the aliens...errr...elves? She actually looks like an Elf!? Did they just figure out people thought the new looks for elves made people think they were aliens from some sci-fi movie, or is this elf chick (assassin?) something different?

She looks like Felicia Day.