NES fans?

Rosbjerg

I was browsing for old NES games when I stumbled upon this website.. I think it's legal, at least as far as I've been able to tell.

Unlike our competitors, VirtualNES.com is able to provide you classic NES games legally. We can only provide you with classic NES games that we have an original cartridge of, which have either been bought out of pocket or donated by Players Like You™. If we don't have the games in our possession, we can't have them online.

But it allows you to play all your old favorites - I just had a blast playing Turtles 2, which I lost a few years back.. I'd never heard of this site, so if there are any NES fans out there I thought I should share.. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

What's NES? Is that some kind of pasta?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's the nickname for the original Nintendo console. I have a hard time imagining many of those games have aged well but the SNES (Super Nintendo) stuff on the other hand will probably have fared much better.

Edited by Serrano

NES? Come talk to me about SNES, that's where good stuff is.

@Serrano: A link to the Past was only released on SNES, same with the ninja turtles.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Battle lines were drawn early on and I happend to be on home computer side. This means that all my friends and relatives had c64 and none had any console. NES, or any console after that don't mean anything to me :)

Actually that's not entirely true. I had few Nintendo Game & Watch portables like

24bjin9.jpg

I could play that over and over again. I think my record was few hours without death. Too bad scores just went back to zero at some point :)

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I still have my NES and SEGA 8 bit consoles. I take them out once a while and play them. Nothing beats Contra and Paperboy.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Ha, I still have mine. I've got a bunch of old games still but the highlights are all three Mario games, all three Ninja Turtles games, Final Fantasy (that was hard to find), Battletoads, Zelda...

My favourites are definitely the Turtles games and Mario 1-3. I have a weakness for Defender of The Crown, I love that old turnbased strategy. :lol:

I wish I'd kept my Amiga 500, there were some pretty great games on that machine.

Fortune favors the bald.

I was browsing for old NES games when I stumbled upon this website.. I think it's legal, at least as far as I've been able to tell.

Unlike our competitors, VirtualNES.com is able to provide you classic NES games legally. We can only provide you with classic NES games that we have an original cartridge of, which have either been bought out of pocket or donated by Players Like You

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

SEGA 8 bit console

do you mean MegaDrive? I never saw it but I thought it was 16-bit :thumbsup:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

wow, didn't know such a thing existed. Russia had been drowning in China made NES clones at the time...

anyway, I'm kind of disappointed nobody mentioned Double Dragon and Contra Force :thumbsup:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

@Serrano: A link to the Past was only released on SNES, same with the ninja turtles.

I thought we were talking about both consoles at that point because I was pretty sure that Super Mario 3 was a SNES only title and likewise I thought Turtles Through Time was the third Turtles game. My mistake I guess, it's been a while.

Excitebike was where it was at.

man, I hated that game :sorcerer:

Walsingham said:

Excitebike was the one with the level editor, right?

NES games were way too hard for me as a kid. The only one I ever managed to finish was Chip&Dale Rescue Rangers, the rest was just unplayable. I recall none of my friends ever made it past the beginning of lvl2 on the simpsons game

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Did I ever tell you about how I beat Silver Surfer for the NES?

I'll be signing autographs all week.

NES was AWESOME. my first system and the thing that is solely responsible for my love of video games.

the games i loved most:

contra

double dragon 1/2 (2 was better)

dragon warrior

legend of zelda

megaman 2

castlevania 2

turtles 2

punch out

ninja gaiden

mario 1-3

of those, the only ones i could actually beat were the double dragon games, dragon warrior, turtles 2, and contra (with code)

as a bonus:

best genesis games:

1. gunstar heroes - to this day the best sidescrolling action game

2. mutant league football - to this day the best sports game

3. streets of rage 1-2 - to this day the best beat-em-ups (except maybe that D&D arcade game)

4. road rash 2 - to this day the best racing game

5. flashback

plus: zombies ate my neighbors, lost vikings, mortal kombat 1-2, Street fighter 2

i beat all the genesis games on this list except lost vikings, zombies, and flashback. I still complete gunstar heroes and streets of rage about twice a year.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

ML Hockey is better IMO, also, where's Rock'n'Roll Racing? Road Rash 3 was way better, if only because of the soundtrack. best Contra is the one on the Genesis; Hard Corps. that's easily my fav 16-bit game of all time. never heard about Gunstar Heroes...

and that D&D game was indeed epic.

Walsingham said:

dude, you need to get gunstar heroes NOW. Then again, if you can beat contra: Hard Corps. It might be too easy for you.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.