Aesthetically pleasing female character designs.

false dilemma/dichotomy makes baby jebus cry.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Baby 'jebus' aka baby jesus is a mass murderer so I don't give a crap if he's crying. He can wail away.. I'll just point and laugh at his evilness!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The thread starter assumes there's something wrong with the established image of women in games. I'm protesting that notion, he's wrong.

There are different tastes of course, but the beauty norms of modern age do cater to majority, thus it's inevitable we'll see the exaggerated version of those norms in games, as game studios want to make their characters even more appealing to larger audience.

Women don't have to cater to beauty norms, they're living people. They aren't required to fit some idealized version of femininity. People don't have to be super-ridiculously-pretty to save the world or fight crime - in fact, I'd say it's just the opposite. People who fight on a regular basis will be muscular (not part of the traditional beauty norms) and athletic, and if those fights are life and death, they'll have their scars and wounds and missing pieces and burned away hair.

And you know what? These armors you're posting aren't aesthetically pleasing. They're an eyesore. They're ugly, stupid, ineffective.

It's funny, I made a thread specifically on the positive examples to try to avoid getting dragged down in a long, boring debate about how ~this is the way it's supposed to be~ and yet here you are, derailing away.

Edited by lord of flies

Funny thing about beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder not some specific persons version of how somebody should look or act.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

And yet she can't effect the fact that I find a good pair of breasts to be attractive and that most of the styles out today are there to emphasize those assets and her rear assets.

I would actually chalk consumers among part of the problem. "Mature" gamers are a bunch of of tweens obsessed with blood & boobs, who wouldn't know a good anything if hit them on the head. Therefore Mature games are often gorefest with tough chicks, (see gears of war 3 for further information). Thus the oversexified character design is going to be the choice since it resonates with the target demography.

That said Anya has a fairly realistic design.

gears-of-war-3-anya-gameplay-screenshot.jpg

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

And yet she can't effect the fact that I find a good pair of breasts to be attractive and that most of the styles out today are there to emphasize those assets and her rear assets.
You really think that the media has no effect on you finding a good pair of breasts attractive? Am I reading this sentence right?

You really think that the media has no effect on you finding a good pair of breasts attractive? Am I reading this sentence right?

If the media has that kind of effect I would expect that in the next few years we all turn into pedophiles, since they have been increasing their exposure on younger and younger starlets and not even in the cutesy kid kind of way.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Women don't have to cater to beauty norms, they're living people.

Neither men nor women have to cater to beauty norms, yet they exist for both sexes.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"You really think that the media has no effect on you finding a good pair of breasts attractive? Am I reading this sentence right? "

Nope. My body influences me.

Media wants me to believe that seafood like lobster is so awesome and cool and hipe but my body tells me that it's disgusting.

Media wants me to go go gag over the 'best movie ever' The Dark Knight but i find it just average.

Media wants me to be gungo over shows like Lost, Heroes, and 24 but I couldn't really give a crap about them.

I find women attractive because I am attracted to them. I am less attratced to fatties because I'm simply not attracted to them. i'm not attracted to women with bones sticking out because that grosses me out. I'm attaracted to beautiful women that i find beautiful. Period.

Are you a lemming?

I find women attractive because I am attracted to them. I am less attratced to fatties because I'm simply not attracted to them. i'm not attracted to women with bones sticking out because that grosses me out. I'm attaracted to beautiful women that i find beautiful. Period.

Are you a lemming?

Ah, so it's just a coincidence that you happen to live in a society where media tells you that 36-24-36 is attractive and you also believe that 36-24-36 is attractive. Even though standards of beauty vary wildly across the world and history, even though historically "fatties" were viewed as attractive, your particular cares and desires for women just so happen to fit with those that your society tells you. It's, what, biological? Pfft.
If the media has that kind of effect I would expect that in the next few years we all turn into pedophiles, since they have been increasing their exposure on younger and younger starlets and not even in the cutesy kid kind of way.
Well, ever notice how recently it's become attractive for adult women to have no hair anywhere except on their heads?

Ah, so it's just a coincidence that you happen to live in a society where media tells you that 36-24-36 is attractive and you also believe that 36-24-36 is attractive. Even though standards of beauty vary wildly across the world and history, even though historically "fatties" were viewed as attractive, your particular cares and desires for women just so happen to fit with those that your society tells you. It's, what, biological? Pfft.
Well, ever notice how recently it's become attractive for adult women to have no hair anywhere except on their heads?

Weak example I know quite some people that enjoy bush, whereas I myself don't find anything wrong with a bit of hair.

I mean of all the examples out there that you could had chosen from you picked the weakest, you really are disconnected. So tell me again, what makes you an authority on the effects of media on the public?

village_idiot.gif

Media wants me to go go gag over the 'best movie ever' The Dark Knight but i find it just average.

oo

Volourn we agree on something.

Well, I don't find it average. But I have my problems with it.

@lordofflies: Yes, pretty much. Theres a reason we have this picture of women in the first place. That said. Not my own type. Also Volourn never said what you are accusing him of.

Edited by C2B

Uh, Breasts, and the fact that they're swollen as they are on all human females, are a very specific evolutionary reaction because they were shown to be attractive to males as a sign of increased fertility.

So, no, the media doesn't build up a desire for breasts within me, nature did.

That said, I don't personally ascribe to bigger=better in terms of le bust as the media would want from me. I'd prefer a chest that looks like it suits the woman and feels nice rather than something that should be used as a floatation device and you can use as such when you're with her.

And why is it Women are always the ones who are crying about being objectified? I mean come ON!

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scentedsalaman...lein-Man-Ad.jpg

http://www.yournextgift.com/images/2007/05...ear_for_men.jpg

Sorry about the fact the song is TERRIBLE but it is there for the fact that basically she's singing "Shut up and get naked so I can ride you, but DON'T SAY A THING!"

And why is it Women are always the ones who are crying about being objectified? I mean come ON!

Because this is what happens when men complain.

"What are you gay?"

"Hey, look at the diva over here complaining that women only like him because his looks"

P.S: I love Ke$ha, and not her music.

Edited by Orogun01

village_idiot.gif

Weak example I know quite some people that enjoy bush, whereas I myself don't find anything wrong with a bit of hair.

I mean of all the examples out there that you could had chosen from you picked the weakest, you really are disconnected. So tell me again, what makes you an authority on the effects of media on the public?

Hey, hair grows places other than around a woman's vagina and on her head. Such as, say, her armpits.

Yes, our society is infantilizing what it finds attractive in women. This is an overall tendency. Don't try to dismiss my argument with some handwave about how "disconnected" I am.

@lordofflies: Yes, pretty much. Theres a reason we have this picture of women in the first place. That said. Not my own type. Also Volourn never said what you are accusing him of in the first place.
He specifically said "my body influences me," that is to say, that it is an innate (nonsocialized) quality.
The same reason that you hear black people complaining more about discrimination in the workplace than whites. The same reason you hear gay people complaining more about harassment because of their sexuality than straights.

Sorry about the fact the song is TERRIBLE but it is there for the fact that basically she's singing "Shut up and get naked so I can ride you, but DON'T SAY A THING!"

Apparently you chose the wrong example.

"Blah Blah Blah" was written as an inversion of all the rap songs that objectify women

"Ah, so it's just a coincidence that you happen to live in a society where media tells you that 36-24-36 is attractive and you also believe that 36-24-36 is attractive."

Except for the fact I never said that. I find all sorts of women attratcive. Even some 'bigger' girls. R00fles! Not, fatties though. They're just plain disgusting (and I can say that because I am a disgusting specimen too so I feel their pain). R00fles! (not fat though just ugly, r00fles!)

I don't judge a woman's attratciveness by numbers. That's ridiculous nor do iw ait for 'society' to tell me who is hot or not. That's dumb. Just like I don't let society tell me what foods, movies, books, games, actors, sports, and other crap to like or dislike.

"Well, ever notice how recently it's become attractive for adult women to have no hair anywhere except on their heads?"

wut? That's recent? R00fles! And, lots of people like 'hairy' women. LMAO

Poor L0F can't stand when people disagree with him. It's hialriously so internetz...

Except for the fact I never said that. I find all sorts of women attratcive. Even some 'bigger' girls. R00fles! Not, fatties though. They're just plain disgusting (and I can say that because I am a disgusting specimen too so I feel their pain). R00fles! (not fat though just ugly, r00fles!)

I don't judge a woman's attratciveness by numbers. That's ridiculous nor do iw ait for 'society' to tell me who is hot or not. That's dumb. Just like I don't let society tell me what foods, movies, books, games, actors, sports, and other crap to like or dislike.

No man is an island.

Then explain why I don't like everything 'society' supposedly tells me too.

Tell me why I don't give a crap about Pokeman.

Tell me why I don't give a crap about The Dark Knight.

Tell me why I don't give a crap about lobster.

Tell me why i don't think Jennifer Lopez is the most beautiful woman in the world.

Tell me why I am not in love with Gaga's music.

Tell me why I like BIO when society tells me I should hate them.

Tell me why I'm not smoking a dobie even though society tells me its cool and I should.

If I do whats coiety tells me to why don't I do these things?

Your logic is ridiculous.

Apparently you chose the wrong example.

"Blah Blah Blah" was written as an inversion of all the rap songs that objectify women

Then explain why I don't like everything 'society' supposedly tells me too.

Tell me why I don't give a crap about Pokeman.

Tell me why I don't give a crap about The Dark Knight.

Tell me why I don't give a crap about lobster.

Tell me why i don't think Jennifer Lopez is the most beautiful woman in the world.

Tell me why I am not in love with Gaga's music.

Tell me why I like BIO when society tells me I should hate them.

Tell me why I'm not smoking a dobie even though society tells me its cool and I should.

If I do whats coiety tells me to why don't I do these things?

Your logic is ridiculous.

Your logic is ridiculous. I'm not a p-zombie reproducing cultural averages, therefore I'm not affected by media? That doesn't follow.

I'm my own person, damnit. Any 'affect' that society may have on me is absolutely trumped by my sense of self, personality, background, and nature. Period.