What you did today

Gorth

Do you think there's any way to convince a paranoid schizophrenic conspiracy nut who thinks psychiatrists are a bunch of evil drug pushing tycoons that they have a mental disorder and they need help?

A sexy psychiatrist? At least that way you're not being morally reprehensible, since it's a win either way for your friend.

BTW, thanks for the applause, gentlemen. I consider you to have paid off the loon's debt for him.

EDIT: if budget is an issue I suppose logically you could send him to an extremely wise hooker.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm getting frustrated trying to learn how to play an F chord on the guitar. I keep muting strings. Gah.

pro tip: (assuming you're playing the full-barre F chord) pull the guitar towards your chest with your other hand, this makes it easier to press down on all the strings.

I finally got the rebuilt engine back in the car I've been restoring. It is a cast iron b***h doing that alone. I bought an air compressor and I'm building a tent house to do the painting myself. Time to start looking for new seats. Not long to go now!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Do you think there's any way to convince a paranoid schizophrenic conspiracy nut who thinks psychiatrists are a bunch of evil drug pushing tycoons that they have a mental disorder and they need help?

A sexy psychiatrist? At least that way you're not being morally reprehensible, since it's a win either way for your friend.

BTW, thanks for the applause, gentlemen. I consider you to have paid off the loon's debt for him.

EDIT: if budget is an issue I suppose logically you could send him to an extremely wise hooker.

I know of one, she is a perky blonde with the most appealing personality that you can imagine. And her ass isn't all that bad either. :(

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Guest The Architect

Where's her office?

I should probably just ask Shryke.

Edited by The Architect

usually works out better if i know there's rather than them knowing mine :(

tomorrow i'm off for a little weekend holiday to spend some time with the gf, then maybe go see my mother for a bit

haven't been up to her place in a good 4 years or so

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Guest The Architect

For some reason my personal messages and comments from this forum are not showing up on my email inbox anymore, even though the address is still the same.

Massively overdid my hill climbing spaz-a-thon today. One and a half hours! Back feels more than a little fiery, so shouldn't do that again soon. But it feels marvellous to blow out the cobwebs.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And not blowing out your knees is a good thing too no?

Your concern is gratifying, but I'm hardly active enough to threaten my knees just yet. :thumbsup:

-Elwood Blues

Seriously disappointed with Arsenal this year. But in more exciting news, finally getting a handle on my work load enough to return to fooling around blindly with C++. Huzz-ah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

had bbq at gf's place

lots of steak, sausages, beer etc

came back and went to my brother's to see my niece

still think babies look ugly

Spent most of yesterday driving around in Brisbane, checking out places for rent.

After a day of increasing despair and disillusion I finally found my dream place as the very last place visited. Who says stubborness persistence doesn't pay off.

After having gotten up at 4 in the morning, catching a flight, renting a car, driving all day (while trying to follow instructions from the gps) and flying back again, I pretty much crashed in my couch late in the evening. Woke up in the middle of the night and went to bed. Of course I couldn't sleep then :p

Now doing the paperwork and filling out an application form. I want that place badly :)

Edit: @Shryke: They look ugly, they smell and they are noisy. All the charm of a litter of rat spawn. I suspect parent glands secrete some kind of psychofarmaca that renders parents deaf and blind to the ugliness (seriously, it's the only rational explanation).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Edit: @Shryke: They look ugly, they smell and they are noisy. All the charm of a litter of rat spawn. I suspect parent glands secrete some kind of psychofarmaca that renders parents deaf and blind to the ugliness (seriously, it's the only rational explanation).

agreed

my brother used to hold the same opinion as me - ew it's a tiny person creature thing that looks funny and makes loud noises. get it away from me!

but now he sits there and has no qualms about changing nappies and all the other disgusting baby things

pretty much the worst kiss I have ever had.

That's pretty harsh! LOL

Too much drool etc? Or did she simply gnaw off your front teeth?

-Elwood Blues

I

-Elwood Blues

Figuratively and literally hit my stride today, hoofing up and down hill in the late sunshine. My back is burning again from the exertion, but no stabbing pains, and I'm really beginning to have hope I can keep this up long term - with all the health and morale benefits you'd expect.

-Elwood Blues

... About 3.30am .. wake up to hear a "rustle-rustle-thump.....rustle-rustle-thump" repeated over and over... and then I find out that it's the cat. Humping a plastic carrier bag, in the corridor just outside my room..

But now morning has broken.. so it's on to see how the day is..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

i quit my job just before xmas. it's been a nice long holiday, but the money's drying up

applied for about 5 or 6 jobs today. hopefully will hear back about something soon