It's in German, but the most important points are following:

Downwardcompatible with Wii and Gamecube games

New Disc medium

Cloud system

Integrated Vitality sensor

Graphics chip is DX11 compatible

Launch titles:

GTA 5 (exclusiv)

Final Fantasy 7 remake (exclusive, but not a launch title)

I think I'm already sold!

I expect people will most likely be disappointed. Especially with the way the rumour-mill manages to hype these things.

Its a fairly amazing thing to watch, but I'm so cynical, its always fun to watch people get excited, especially when they're going to end up letting out a *sigh* of fail. It reminds me of a time when I still thought to hope.

You people shouldn't be expecting anything more than maybe a 360 with a slight bit more GPU grunt. I'd wager some folk have more powerful PC's.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

$50 million for DLC (which I think was only timed exclusive), not for the entire game, that would be a lot more expensive considering the sales they'd lose. Of course Nitendo's spending billions for the launch, so it's not out of the realm of possibility, but still I doubt they'll go that far.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I'm not certain I'll bite. FF7 remake makes it tempting, but what would really make me go for it is if it actually allowed me to play my DS games on the big screen, and would upscale them so they actually looked nice on the screen at the same time.

FF7 remake is the type of thing that would get HUGE sales for the new console. Just like ocarina of time remake is a huge seller for the 3ds.

BUUUUUT: I do not believe that rumor. not at all. sounds like fanboy wishlist drooling. same as the gta rumor. I could possibly believe a timed exclusive for that one, but even then... sounds pretty unlikely.

i guess we'll know at e3 though. and if the FF7 remake turns out real (which it won't) then I'll pre-order my system within an hour of the announcement.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Final Fantasy VIII was a vastly better game than VII ever was. Just FYI.

Right Volo?

We'll agree to disagree on that one.

I think I even preferred IX to VIII, and X to VIII, and XII to VIII.

Didn't even try XI, and VIII was definately better than XIII.

VI was better then them all however...VII included.

in order

VII

IX

VI

VIII

these are the only final fantasy games that are genuinely AMAZING. ten and twelve are ok, i think that FF5 and earlier don't hold up that well anymore, whereas 6-9 i still play about once a year or two

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i don't think having only 8g storage is good enough. IF the plan is to do this to have only one sku, and a low price point, while selling an optional hard drive add-on, then ok i guess it makes some business sense. otherwise i think its a mistake.

It's no big secret why they chose 8 GB: money. Again, Nintendo are going to sell three year old technology for today's prices. And again they will make a fortune doing it because soccer moms don't care about tech specs.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I wonder why they choose to go with such tiny storage. 32 Gb SDHC card cost about 40

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It's true that from PC gamer perspective (who also need relatively modern PC for work purposes) the whole "save from component costs when ever possible" idea is bit alien. For same reason long console generations don't make sense as components are designed to break down before generation is over (again, because cheaper components to push price down). Most bizarre thing is how hostile some console gamers are against any upgrade because of financial reasons. Consoles are dirt cheap to begin with and something like saving 0,40

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Well, remember, it's just a rumor. Personally I don't believe it. Even if the games are being streamed from the disk, this still is not enough for DLC and demos.

Also why using a 25GB disk format? Isn't that the same as single-layer Blu Ray? Why not using Dual-Layer? Or is it a different disk format?

One of the things is that they are planning on streamed content...perhaps from a cloud. Instead of having something on a hard disk, you play it real time over an internet connection with the game being streamed to you directly. It means you'd have to be connected the entire time, and only played via internet...but really no space taken over on the HD itself. Same would work for Demos.

HD would be for saves, pictures you put on, and profile saves.

In the future I suppose if game makers make it so that games actually install and need large files, Nintendo could sell a larger HD with a bigger price point to make a profit. Also means they can "upgrade" similar to PS3 and Xbox360 have done with larger HD's later on in the generations life cycle.

PS: That means they sell you two consoles, one initially, and another when you upgrade...or even three or four depending on how many upgrades they can convince you to buy. What better thing to do then to profit from someone not just once, but two, three, four, or even more times on the same thing!

Edited by greylord

One of the things is that they are planning on streamed content...perhaps from a cloud. Instead of having something on a hard disk, you play it real time over an internet connection with the game being streamed to you directly. It means you'd have to be connected the entire time, and only played via internet...but really no space taken over on the HD itself. Same would work for Demos.

HD would be for saves, pictures you put on, and profile saves.

In the future I suppose if game makers make it so that games actually install and need large files, Nintendo could sell a larger HD with a bigger price point to make a profit. Also means they can "upgrade" similar to PS3 and Xbox360 have done with larger HD's later on in the generations life cycle.

PS: That means they sell you two consoles, one initially, and another when you upgrade...or even three or four depending on how many upgrades they can convince you to buy. What better thing to do then to profit from someone not just once, but two, three, four, or even more times on the same thing!

Dude, no....just, no.

Streaming Content in Realtime just isn't what gamers want. But we shall find out in a month anyway.

Maybe in 2022, but trying it in 2012 would lock out most of the world. :lol:

One of the few things I'm prepared to praise Sony about is the ease of installing third-party hard drives in the PS3, unlike the proprietary-only approach of Microsoft. Hopefully we'll see something similar at least assuming the base storage rumour has any truth to it - SSD awareness would be a big plus (though SSDs cost about the same as a console at the moment - I just bought $800 worth of SSD goodness)

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

So, it's the Phantom/OnLive?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Speaking of OnLive, didn't hear/read anything about it for more than 6 month by now, I think that's not a good sign...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours