Man Crushes

Hurlshort

the priary characteristic of chainsaws is that they prefer to bounce off things than bite into them.

It depends on how you angle the attack on the little "knives" on the chain. If you hone them too much forward, the chain will bite into anything and the chainsaw becomes very difficult to control (and dangerous). Too much backward and it will bounce off things, even the trees you are supposed to cut (makes work much harder). But if you hone them right, the chainsaw is neutral and easy to control.

I learned this one painful, mosquito-filled summer in a northern forest.

Didn't know that. Thanks.

I'm staying away from chainsaws and automatic pistols. Both of which I regard as 'labour saving devices' which are more dangerous than any amount of labour they save.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm staying away from chainsaws and automatic pistols. Both of which I regard as 'labour saving devices' which are more dangerous than any amount of labour they save.

Random trivia of the day: The Finnish supreme court has held that operating a chainsaw while drunk is automatic gross negligence. :w00t:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

This is the saddest thread to ever have existed on these boards, in all the years... I don't know weather I should be proud of your guys's ability to bond in such ways, or fearful of the obvious homoerotic gush that is taking place.

I'm cursed with an uber "male" brain. I must squish everything even remotely pink.

I can't help it.

*squish*

Katee Sackoff is about as Manly as I can go... This is a fine picture...

And the award for most insecure post of the the year goes to.....

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

This is the saddest thread to ever have existed on these boards, in all the years... I don't know weather I should be proud of your guys's ability to bond in such ways, or fearful of the obvious homoerotic gush that is taking place.

I'm cursed with an uber "male" brain. I must squish everything even remotely pink.

I can't help it.

*squish*

ROFL. Too true. Surely if there's one thing we should have grown up enough to know by now it's that you're either gay or straight and fretting about which merely suggests you're the opposite of what you say you are.

EDIT: Unless you're bi, obviously. The opposite of which is I suppose being not at all sexy.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was going to address Nightshape, but I think Orogun summed it about as perfectly as you can. :lol:

I enjoy watching Christian Bale act, but he is part of a group of actors like Mel Gibson that I just don't think I would like on a personal level. That's why a guy like Bruce Campbell has so much appeal, he has done some great stuff and he seems like he'd be a good guy to have a few beers with.

Now that Nightshape got all awkward, I'll have to post some too, I guess.

Michael Vartan

michael-vartan-389710.jpeg

Sam Witwer

samwitwer.jpg

Both manage to come off as genuinely nice guys with none of the arrogance some people on the verge of "really making it" tend to project. That's a lot of points in my book.

I can't help it.

*squish*

ROFL. Too true. Surely if there's one thing we should have grown up enough to know by now it's that you're either gay or straight and fretting about which merely suggests you're the opposite of what you say you are.

EDIT: Unless you're bi, obviously. The opposite of which is I suppose being not at all sexy.

I take it you guys don't realise what its like to be 100% man, with spandex, and the lot.

You also have no humour gland.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I can't help it.

*squish*

I take it you guys don't realise what its like to be 100% man, with spandex, and the lot.

You also have no humour gland.

No, I too find aspects of this thread beyond tragic. Except my man-crush on Wals, which doesn't count. In my mind's eye we are punting down the Cam together with Rathbone, my teddy bear ::sighs::

sonsofgygax.JPG

I have to say it's starting to get less like hero worship and more like a bunch of women in their thirties gossiping at a juice bar...

-Elwood Blues

I have to say it's starting to get less like hero worship and more like a bunch of women in their thirties gossiping at a juice bar...

5 more pages and it may get interesting.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

5 more pages and it may get interesting.

Well, this'll be either playgirl or most people will have gone back to finding their way to Narnia.

Guest The Architect

I don't think any of the guys on the last two and a half pages (from Nihilus onwards) are good looking. In fact I think some of them are ugly ****ers. Goes to show how relative physical attractiveness is. Nevertheless, it's time to set things right:

Harrison-Ford.jpg

Harrison Ford. He deserves to be on here just for playing Han Solo, Indiana Jones and Rick Deckard.

clintmain_43211t.jpg

And Clint Eastwood. Looked cool both with and without the facial hair, and still looks good to this day.

Edited by The Architect

No, I too find aspects of this thread beyond tragic. Except my man-crush on Wals, which doesn't count. In my mind's eye we are punting down the Cam together with Rathbone, my teddy bear ::sighs::

Everyone has a man-crush on Wals. I hear he smokes a pipe ya know.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Sign me up for the Wals' fan club. :(

village_idiot.gif

there was that tape of him going ape**** on a sound man.

Director of photography, who apparently was a bit of an ass himself. They kissed and made up, Bale made a public apology and his career doesn't seem to be any worse for it.

Wasn't that also partially triggered by the Photography guy having disrupted the set all to hell?

Weird-Al.jpg

<3

eric-bana.jpg

Although I think I mentioned him before.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Sign me up for the Wals' fan club. ;)

You'd better be writing that while seated in a solidly upholstered armchair, with both feet firmly on the floor...

-Elwood Blues

Guest The Architect

Sign me up for the Wals' fan club. :*

Pfft, he's a has been.