Dragon Age 2

Rosbjerg

Sign me up for the charts, too.

If the game doesn't tell them to me, I'll read about them online anyway. It's just annoying when I have to read the workings of the game somewhere else than the product itself.

I remember when, during the development of Lionheart, this was requested, and the lead developers said "players actually want to know that stuff?". I'd be really surprised if some people at bioware wouldn't have figured it out by now after N games.

Bioware finally crossed the last line

044e25a600e34b92dabd65c.jpg

Bioware: We make games for pedophiles!

My god :):down::) Just look at the whole scene! Just look at it! It just oozes the whole "bad touch wibe" like no tomorrow. Both characters are so.incredibly.awkward.

Hey, let me add a caption or two to it:

Shepardy Hawk:

- "You said that size didn't matter! YOU SAID IT! WHY DON'T YOU EVEN WANT TO LOOK AT IT?!!!!"

Lollip0p Elf:

- "I am so sorry. It is nothing wrong with you.....IT IS ME!!!!"

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

this pic reminds me a little of that movie... with Ryan Gosling, hitting his girlfriend

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

can we name our npcs? if so then i'm naming that elf chick aerie. she looks like she just lost her wings.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

she looks like she just lost her wings.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

It's gotten to the point where I kind of enjoy slamming the door on any and all Bioware NPCs who start suggesting a more personal relationship. When that's the way they reward displays of empathy, I start turning into a real jerk. I've been messing around with ME2 again lately, going with the character idea that Shepard doesn't actually like any of these people-- you don't take your friends on suicide missions. It was rather satisfying to respond to the YouveGotMail Chick's "Please, call me Kelly" by picking the dialogue-wheel option labeled "No."

I'm sure that scene will turn out to be something a lot more boring than the stuff people come up with. :p

can we name our npcs? if so then i'm naming that elf chick aerie. she looks like she just lost her wings.

99.999% you won't be able to.

It was rather satisfying to respond to the YouveGotMail Chick's "Please, call me Kelly" by picking the dialogue-wheel option labeled "No."

hahaha

And you probably get Renegade points for it, too. Something I find annoying about ME2. If I want to run a professional ship, apparently that makes me a jerk.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

ME2 had the terrible design decision that if you tried to play a totally sane Shepherd, you ended up with half renegade half paragon and were thus doomed to kill at least some of your crew because you lacked enough points in either direction to be convincing enough.

the middle road should be more supported, and perhaps even more valued than a full on paragon or renegade.

just my 2cents anyway.

edit: also I agree that you wouldn't take your friends on a suicide mission, but i never got the feeling like the mission WAS a suicide mission, the game did not make me scared of the collectors at all.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It was rather satisfying to respond to the YouveGotMail Chick's "Please, call me Kelly" by picking the dialogue-wheel option labeled "No."

hahaha

And you probably get Renegade points for it, too. Something I find annoying about ME2. If I want to run a professional ship, apparently that makes me a jerk.

The idea actually hit me in ME1. We rescue Liara, Joker makes some flip comment, Liara asks how he can make jokes after we all almost died, the renegade dialogue wheel option is "He's a jerk," and the VO says "Joker can be a real ass sometimes." That was a great moment. And it kinda made me think about what it would be like to be on rather small ship trying to command a guy like Joker for a long period of time. I realized that I would despise that guy. Too bad the game doesn't let you obstinately call him "Helmsman Moreau" instead of his silly nickname.

But, yeah, if you're aiming for Paragon points, this kind of thing getting in the way can be really irritating. My favorite example is in ME1, when the Alliance admiral shows up to inspect the Normandy. The only procedurally proper thing to do is to deny him entry, as he has absolutely no jurisdiction over a ship and crew that has been signed over to the Citadel for use by a Council Spectre. (Indeed, it impugns the independence of the Spectre in question.) But that means renegade points.

So (to steer this post back to the thread's ostensible topic) I do like that the DA games have abandoned alignment counters. Although now that they've also abandoned fully-written-out protagonist dialogue choices, the lack of alignment-based sorting does put more onus on their getting the Dialogue Wheel descriptions to be accurate. When there's a clear "Good on top, Evil on bottom" setup, it's easier to get away with minimal descriptions of the response options.

Edited by Enoch

I'm hopeful for their icons. I want my first DA2 run to get "good, but professional." Not picking anything sarcastic, not flirting. Just "You need help?," "Why?," and "Okay."

We'll see how it works out.

Edited by Tale

Sounds like another milestone in making a franchise so obnoxious it puts me off the game.. but then, multi-platform delivery isn't necessarily bad, I shouldn't judge by the cover alone. Horrible as the cover may be. So.. difficult...

gah, can't edit the post anymore to reupload the pic

feliciaxlarge.jpg

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Nobody posted the romance options stories yet?

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon-Age...-6046067-1.html

No doubt the sight of an elf in skintight armor, carrying a blade almost as large as himself, wasn’t a welcome sight. He got to his feet and noticed the surprisingly comely woman, dressed in a nightgown that revealed more of her cleavage than she no doubt expected, pressing against the wall

Award winning writing right there.

Edited by C2B

wow, I have a degree in philosophy too, they should totally hire me

Walsingham said:

Award winning writing right there.

:ermm:

The best part about this whole thing?

Read the Isabella story/all Isabella related stuff.

Then realize that this was written by a female! writer with a degree in philosophy.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Sheryl_Chee

She also wrote Oghren, Wynne, and Lelianna. Don't dismiss her so easily.

I think archetypes tend to bypass the gender of writers a lot of the time.

Edited by Tale