Pictures of your games

I completed the Morrowind main quest so I thought I'd share some celebratory screenshots, I think they hold up surprisingly well to the latest Skyrim shots.

Vivec is so f***ing huge.

vivec.jpg

Grassy Solstheim.

solstheim.jpg

Be veeeewwy quiet.

solstheimwolves.jpg

Epic forest.

gnaarmok.jpg

Ghostfence no more.

freealdruhn.jpg

Foggy Foyada Mamaea.

foyada.jpg

Daedric ruins in the distance.

daedricdistance.jpg

I completed the Morrowind main quest so I thought I'd share some celebratory screenshots, I think they hold up surprisingly well to the latest Skyrim shots.

I have just quickly tried Morrowind, but just by looking at those pictures I'm tempted to say it has about four times the diversity in landscape when compared to Oblivion. Looks much more interesting.

I have just quickly tried Morrowind, but just by looking at those pictures I'm tempted to say it has about four times the diversity in landscape when compared to Oblivion. Looks much more interesting.

Definitely, Oblivion has plenty of variety if you like forest but Morrowind absolutely has more, this is the most well organised list of mods I could find when I first installed it, I hope you find some useful stuff there. :)

Install the Visual Pack then Connary's textures and the Morrowind Graphics Extender for instant visual gratification, the rest is window dressing but still good stuff.

Heh, that "just quick try" of the game happened years ago, I don't have the game :)

But thanks for the link and tips, I'll store them for possible future use!

Nothing like floating objects after you nuke the area. Must be the after affects of radiation.

post-1458-1297718029_thumb.jpg

post-1458-1297718038_thumb.jpg

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Nothing compares to the knock back damage of the Anti-materiel rifle. I aimed at this muties arm and he got blasted upside down.

post-1458-1297726522_thumb.jpg

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Nothing compares to the knock back damage of the Anti-materiel rifle. I aimed at this muties arm and he got blasted upside down.

Your character must be quite strong - I thought that the recoil was near equal to the amount of force applied to the one who gets hit? :p

Fortune favors the bald.

Very strange.. I just realized I have never used the anti materiel .50 calibre rifle. I guess it is because I've never fought an enemy who dropped it.. or found a unique weapon using that weapon as a base. Buying weapons is just not my style!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I never did either, though I think I did find it on some enemy on my last playthrough. As far as I know, that was the first time I noticed it around in the game. Didn't bother with it since I was doing a melee run though.

Still, that's another thing I quite like about the game. There are quite a lot of weapons that I still haven't tried out at all.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Epic forest.

gnaarmok.jpg

I have a copy of Morrowind sitting around, but I never got very far. Looking at some of the pictures I'm considering finally giving it a real try. What mods did you use?

I've basically got all the mods on this list installed, other than a few that are incompatible or unwanted, the biggest visual improvements are the texture packs and Morrowind Graphics Extender for the distant lands.

Visual Pack should be your base texture upgrade as it re-textures almost everything in the game, then Connary's textures, which adds more authentic building and plant life textures, Better Bodies, Better Clothes and Better Heads are also pretty crucial, Morrowind has fugly characters.

The trees are from Vality's Bitter Coast mod, though I've only installed the mesh and texture replacements as the mod file itself just adds a ton of cut paste trees which bog down performance and look a bit overkill.

This is the grass mod I'm using, you only load this one inside Morrowind Graphics Extender when you generate distant land, if you enable it in Morrowind's mod list you'll just get solid, impassable grass everywhere :)

Look forward to a good few hours ****ing around and probably a few restarted games too, it's worth it once you're done though...oh, Morrowind crashes just as much as any modern day Gamebryo game, you get used to it.

*edit*

This is absolutely essential if you have a high res screen.

Edited by WDeranged

The AM Rifle I only tried once. Too slow for me and frankly I never needed its power. Basically the bullet version of the Gauss.

------------------------

No one shot lasers from their eyes, I was disappointed.

falloutNV-0001051a.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The AM Rifle I only tried once. Too slow for me and frankly I never needed its power. Basically the bullet version of the Gauss.

------------------------

No one shot lasers from their eyes, I was disappointed.

falloutNV-0001051a.jpg

Why if that isn't a hell of a lot of snipers, or whatever they are :shifty:

deicideLogo5.jpg

Morrowind's environmental graphics were always very strong.

Just make sure you dl a better bodies and better faces mod of some sort. Cause, as usual, Bethie can't make people.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Gentlemen, never get caught up in Fallout: New Vegas visual mods. You spend more time playing with them and taking screenshots then playing the game proper, especially since setting them in certain ways kills performance.

I really want to know what you're using. I've added a few things (and tried to force ambient occlusion through the nvidia control panel - doesn't work) but it doesn't look anywhere near that good.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Gentlemen, never get caught up in Fallout: New Vegas visual mods. You spend more time playing with them and taking screenshots then playing the game proper, especially since setting them in certain ways kills performance.

Which mod(s) are you using in those pics?

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I really want to know what you're using. I've added a few things (and tried to force ambient occlusion through the nvidia control panel - doesn't work) but it doesn't look anywhere near that good.

Take into account that it slowed down like a crawl using those settings and I used them only for screenshots but anyway:

This is for the film grain.

This for the contrast/saturation/color tweaks and other neat stuff. Some of its options (mainly the shutter speed and soft focus) kill performance.

This one adds a dynamic depth of field effect, but it's kinda distracting for normal gameplay to be honest. It's configurable and you can turn it off anyway, so it shouldn't hurt keeping it in your load order.

I also use these texture replacers (though I pick up only the textures that interest me out of them):

Ojo Bueno

NV Terrain Recreational Project (without the parallax-enabled meshes from Detailed Normals because in my opinion they just look awful close-up)

and NMC which is the standard for retexturing of Fallout 3, and which, considering how many textures were recycled for New Vegas, covers a good deal of textures for the game. The guy is doing a pack for New Vegas too, but it's far from finished and it's going to take a while before it's out. Also, he tends to do ENORMOUS textures, so don't even think of downloading the full packs. They slow down the game to a crawl for little gain in visual quality.

And to conclude, I use Nevada Skies URWLified for the weather system, but for some reason I can't find it on the Nexus right now (only the original Nevada Skies). They've put it under the option files category of the original mod, that's why. That should be all.

This should be all, I think.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Some day, somebody is going to have to explain the fascination with those guitar hero games in easy to understand English :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Some day, somebody is going to have to explain the fascination with those guitar hero games in easy to understand English ;)

Don't worry - they axed the franchise..

Yay! I could never understand how millions of people enjoyed "push the orange button when the orange button logo is shown on the screen" gameplay. Its like building an entire game around QTE's

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "