FO: NV (Spoilers)

The car from Fallout 2 is in :shifty:

o rly? you mean it's possible to drive it too?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

My character was level 30 when she finally entered the Strip, and had covered 99% of in-game locations, not to mention become Idolized with all factions save the Powder Rangers and the Legion.

Now finally following the main quest (though currently it seems to be come to a standstill with the bug I mentioned before, I'll try to use the console to re-input the platinum chip), I've been revisiting areas four times already, which gets very boring. It seems one is supposed to get to Vegas and the Strip as soon as possible, but with so many empty triangles around this is simply not possible for me.

As it is now, I would've been content if the game had ended after nailing Benny, since I certainly had enough fun before that. After getting her revenge, I don't see why my Courier should care about the squabbles between the NCR, Legion and Mr House... beyond the fact that the Legion is very evil and would most probably use her as breeding cow until her death if they got their hands on her.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm playing the game exactly the same way. I was on my way to vault 34 last night, being level 30, with 99% of all locations in the game already found and Benny the next step in the main quest chain. I must say the game lost a bit of its pull after I hit level 30. It's just not as much fun to engage in combat when the only thing that happens is that my equipment gets worn out and I lose ammo.

I'm guessing the only way I have of improving my character now is to find skill books, and they're not exactly sprinkled all over the wasteland.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've delayed the Strip, but not to that extreme. Popping in on quests halfway through bugs me a bit (e.g., I've got the head of a named Fiend in my pocket), and I figure that a lot of the quests originate in Vegas. So, I'm currently level 15, and playing pimp in Freeside for a little while before going in to the Strip. (I could've passed the credit check easily, but the "80 Science" option to trick the guard robots seemed more fun.)

I also picked up Arcade. Seems like he'll be a more interesting fellow to have around than Boone or Veronica was, but he also seems to be comparatively useless, combat-wise. I'm feeling a little naked since I lent my Eyebot to the Followers.

Edited by Enoch

I don't know how people can insult Gannon. He carries a Plasma Defender. Those things are stronger than Plasma Rifles.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't know how people can insult Gannon. He carries a Plasma Defender. Those things are stronger than Plasma Rifles.

Good to know. That was purely a first impression based on looks and based on his bonus perk-- I haven't fought anything tougher than a Freeside Thug since I got him.

How are three Vaults flooded in this game? It's a desert. Yes, there's *flash flooding* but areas don't remain flooded for years.

The flooding of those three vaults seems relatively recent. It might have something to do with the attempts to refill the Hoover Dam.

How are three Vaults flooded in this game? It's a desert. Yes, there's *flash flooding* but areas don't remain flooded for years.

Well, we know that water chips are prone to failure. Maybe overproduction is more common than just shorting out? :shifty:

The flooding of those three vaults seems relatively recent. It might have something to do with the attempts to refill the Hoover Dam.

There are notes in the vaults about the flooding though.

I was wading through irradated water while getting parts for the BoS air filters when I thought, "You know what the Vaults remind me of? BioShock."

Rapture is basically one giant Vault. It's a social experiment gone wrong, it's filled with weird science experiements, it's future tech married to the aesthetic of an earlier age, and you make your way through the crumbling ruins and learn the story of the people there by reading their logs and diaries.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I had a good laugh when I fast-travelled to Dead Wind Cavern for Red Lucy's final hunting quest. My party was surrounded by 3 Deathclaws and a couple of young ones upon arrival.

Then later upon exiting the cave after clearing it out, I again literally bumped into two deathclaws.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

There are notes in the vaults about the flooding though.

Yeah, but do the notes give any time indication? Vault 3 was only recently taken over by fiends in probably the past decade or so from what I gathered. It sounded like Moterhead was leader back then too. And they only opened their vault in the first place due to flooding.

Vault 34, the one the Boomers come from, seems to have flooded sometime after the Boomer exodus and possibly even after they transported the Pulse gun from Nellis. It was already infested with ghouls by the time the flooding started (drowned ghoul).

Vault 11, I don't recall any notes about flooding.

And the Hoover Dam was only refilled I think sometime in the past 7 years. Which seems like a reasonable timeframe for the fiends to have started occupying Vault 3.

Edited by Tale

I'm playing the game exactly the same way. I was on my way to vault 34 last night, being level 30, with 99% of all locations in the game already found and Benny the next step in the main quest chain. I must say the game lost a bit of its pull after I hit level 30. It's just not as much fun to engage in combat when the only thing that happens is that my equipment gets worn out and I lose ammo.

I'm guessing the only way I have of improving my character now is to find skill books, and they're not exactly sprinkled all over the wasteland.

I've been consistently ignoring Benny as well. My re-made chr. is now lvl 16 (or 17, I lose track). I keep telling myself I'm going to 'get on' the main quest but I keep not wanting to. Plenty of side quests to keep me busy anyway. I haven't visited many of the Vaults yet either. You can't keep playing after you 'win' the game, right? That's probably one reason I put main quests off for so long. I think this is going to be one of those games where I'll absolutely love to start over all the time...the building up/finding your gear, the gaining rep for and doing companion quests, the random exploring, testing different stat/perk builds for a while etc...but the main story doesn't grab me much. I'm not all that fond of the Strip/Freeside areas either.

Btw, how many snow globes have people found? Don't tell me where they are....but I've only found the two easy ones. I'm sure I've run past many of them without noticing...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

there's 7 in total, and 1 you can get only after you do a certain quest for Mr. House. btw, Mr. House is the one who collects them. he'll give you 2000 caps per globe.

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yeah, the House one is the 2nd one, the 1st is the Goodsprings one. I haven't seen any others. But if there's only 5 more, I feel less bad. I thought maybe there were twice that or whatever, and that I must be blind or something. :ermm:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, the House one is the 2nd one, the 1st is the Goodsprings one. I haven't seen any others. But if there's only 5 more, I feel less bad. I thought maybe there were twice that or whatever, and that I must be blind or something. :ermm:

I just found one in one of the towers of the Old Mormon Fort in Freeside.

Lady C did ask not to tell her where the other globes are :ermm:

Walsingham said:

lol, that's ok. It's a spoiler thread after all. I just don't want a bulleted listing of all their locations type thing. heh