Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

I didn't think she looked attractive in the trailers. Like a hispanic Melanie Griffith.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I can't wait to see On Stranger Tides. The poor reviews worry me, but I have to. I wish Ebert had a review out on it, I tend to value his opinion. He's often willing to review a movie well just for being fun or campy, like when he reviewed Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.

The whole time I was watching I just couldn't understand the bad reviews. It's not a great movie, but it has a lot of charm and some really creative action sequences, and even a decent amount of character growth for returning ones. It brings a lot of fresh air to this series. Don't get me wrong, it's not amazing, there were only a few moments that truly wowed me, but it was very entertaining and at least much more coherent than the last two movies, which is a worthy trade off to downgrade the scale from ridiculously epic to fun adventure quest.

I saw Fast and Furious 5 recently..

:shifty:

Vin Diesel even looked fat in this one.

But my Ukrainian mail order bride gave it a 3 out of 5, so I guess it was OK. Oh, and I really loved the actions bits in it, as natural law breaking as they were. I just wish it had NO dialogue at all.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ebert reviewed the new PotC poorly. But he was already tired of them series, he said, so I'm prepared to have a different opinion.

He did have a good point in that the main problem is that Jack Sparrow is the hero. He needs a straight man to be the foil to. It's why you never care what happens to the characters, because the vocal point character doesn't, and that's a shame.

I never thought that Jack didn't care.

But, I loved it. I'd see a dozen more. If Depp is getting tired, maybe it can be new pirates! I want more pirate adventure, dag nabbit.

I never thought that Jack didn't care.

But, I loved it. I'd see a dozen more. If Depp is getting tired, maybe it can be new pirates! I want more pirate adventure, dag nabbit.

I think that you mean: arrrggghh

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Watching Up now. God damnit, Pixar, why are you so ****ing brilliant?

12 minutes in and I'm crying already.

Edited by Tale

Guest The Architect

Sissy.

Great now you mentioned the movie and it's me that's crying >_< babies

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

It's the Steve Jobs reality-distorting aura at work.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think he means the character, not the actor. Because I felt the major problem with the film is that I never got the impression that Jack Sparrow was properly motivated. The last movie set it up that he's going for the Fountain of Youth because he wants to be immortal, but now he seems to care more about making up to his bonnie lass?

I think he means the character, not the actor. Because I felt the major problem with the film is that I never got the impression that Jack Sparrow was properly motivated. The last movie set it up that he's going for the Fountain of Youth because he wants to be immortal, but now he seems to care more about making up to his bonnie lass?

But in the last movie he sacrificed immortality in order to save a chump, Orland Bloom and I agree he needs a straight man to foil.

village_idiot.gif

In Tale's defense, the first fifteen minutes of Up are some of the finest moments of animation ever, but then it becomes a fairly by-the-numbers adventure film. It does that excellently, in my opinion, but still it doesn't live up to the fine beauty of that opening segment.

Curtain fall...

More stuff here

:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein