The Cataclysm is coming!

Calax

I love WoW discussions, even after 10 years of MUDs and generally being quite in touch with gaming, I can read a whole thread on the subject without basically understanding anything. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

My pal crit DPS in icc10 for like 30 sec without nerf but cooldown and Apren crit to 58k!

..did it work? Am I one of you now?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Might be worth it for 2-3 months to see all the new stuff, reading the wiki pretty seeing some cool changes to some zones, like Westfall, Blasted Lands. Sometimes I wish I'd been on an RP server, hah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dont feel bad, even after playing for as many years as I have, I still get lost trying to read the mage discussions over at Elitist Jerks. >_<

Oh, I don't feel bad at all, the contrary - there are still people who are dorkier than me without necessarily being trekkies! :x

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Having gotten my act together with my Arcane mage I now fear a nerf bat is on the way. I consistantly do 12-16k DPS on icc10 bosses and at one point last night I saw a 82k crit flash by. The mana "problem" is easily circumvented by using Mage Armor and the mage armor glyph which makes your mana return 23% of your maximum mana every 5 seconds! Its like a win button. I can just sit there and spam Arcane Blast repeatedly until I feel like dumping the cost with an Arcane Missle. Not once did I have to Evocate to regain mana. I hear Fire is even more pimp but I havent gotten a good rotation down yet. Oh well, Ill enjoy it while it lasts.

Mages have already felt the nerf bat once, along with boomkins and priests and 'locks (the last two had only one ability get shafted). The devs will be doing a bit more tweaking.

I'm itching to get into ICC on my dk. Right now I'm yankin 10k outside and haven't really had the chance to see my dps in action.

82k crit got nothin on a 120k crit from a friend.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Mages have already felt the nerf bat once...

Already since the release of 4.0.1? What got nerfed?

Ghostcrawler just said something along the lines of "the coefficients of mage spells have been decreased"

82k crit got nothin on a 120k crit from a friend.

:ermm: Thats sick. Is that your mage buddy you linked to earlier?

no, it was a guild mage during a toravon kill

Someone help me out here. If you click this link it takes you directly to the download page for DBM on curse.com. Clicking the "manual install" button brings up a list of 12 different DBM file folders. Which one do i need (or all of them)? For example, Recount only has one file folder and is obvious, do I relly need to install all 12 file folders to get DBM to function? The installation instructions are exactly the same for all downloads so thats not a big help so any advise would be appreciated.

You need all 12. DBM core is the basic DBM which has the timers and notification graphics etc. Then the other folders are the specific scripts that are for each different instance module. If they were to pack all of that into one folder, the mod would call up EVERY boss fight's info when it started an instance.

You need all 12. DBM core is the basic DBM which has the timers and notification graphics etc. Then the other folders are the specific scripts that are for each different instance module. If they were to pack all of that into one folder, the mod would call up EVERY boss fight's info when it started an instance.

I see, thanks.

Interesting way for him to suit up, the tidal wave hitting BB was pretty cool. Usual Blizzard fare.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I liked the Lich King trailer more :/

Same. It gave me chills and was the entire reason I reupped for a couple of months.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Chills ? Really ? :( I wonder after they kill Deathwing, who's next ?

Chills ? Really ? :( I wonder after they kill Deathwing, who's next ?

Sargeras.

Except he'll probably just slice the entire planet in half. Not much you can do against a being capable of making worlds whenever he feels like it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Assuming she's not a sub-dungeon on this one. She's not very interesting.

They've actually said they're gonna base an entire expansion around her and what's in the maelstrom in general.

None of the super baddies in WoW are all that interesting. Only Azshara and Sargeras really left, but yeah if they kill Sargeras, those PCs are the new gods, hehe.

They've actually said they're gonna base an entire expansion around her and what's in the maelstrom in general.

That was a while back though, wasn't it? Like back when the rumor was it was the expansion to include Goblins. The expansion that turned into this one.

Hm, no I think Nazjatar and Azshara is in the next expansion, said that at Blizzcon or something, I think. Also, shame to hear that Staghlem was a bad guy after all. Must be a result of all the whiny "he was rude to me!" people.

Eh, I never really got that Vibe from Staghelm... I'd have preferred if they kept him as a sort of split for the Night elves factions but meh.