The Cataclysm is coming!

Calax

My friend's doing the same. Not sure what the hell the point of leveling the fastest is, but WoW players have that complex (especially all the asshats on Burning Blade). Not looking forward to the gear grind with PvP (oh how I miss lvl 60 pvp in AB), but might as well go get Cataclysm sometime today.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I cant wait to get home from work today.

You mean you didn't take the day off ?! Tsk.

I wear ribbons of shame. -_-

Been playing all night (trying to reset my body clock to be more normal...) it's REALLY fun. I'm currently one of the leaders in terms of leveling on the server.

Hehe, last night I completed 15 dailies and didnt turn them in so I could get a quick exp bump when I log in tonight and turn them in. Im more worried about the dreaded "20 other people waiting to kill the same mob".

There was a bit of that but it's mostly calmed down gifted. So far I've ressurected 3 ancients, and 1 demigod, caused a brawl and got a pet seahorse. And now I'm fighting Ragnaros.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Heh, my friend is excited about the shattering and is pressuring me into reactivating my account.

One question. Is your friend hot? Then do it.

;) Strictly platonic.

edit: My main is only 74, fml.

Edited by Syraxis

edit: My main is only 74, fml.

Wait, wouldn't your main being 80 be worth a FML ? ;)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I must be one of those casuals ruining the game for teh "hardKOAR KR3W".

Was a joke against hardcore players anyway ;)

I must be one of those casuals ruining the game for teh "hardKOAR KR3W".

Was a joke against hardcore players anyway ;)

You're just mad because nobody wants a scrub like you for a raid. You should just accept that we're better than you.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You're just mad because nobody wants a scrub like you for a raid. You should just accept that we're better than you.

I've had my fill of staring at HP bars and dealing with the scum DPS' complaining. Although it is nice to BoP a rogue and watch his DPS fall as he's unaware. ;)

So this new expansion they are totally changing all the quests, dungeons and maps? So no one will know what is where when they login after the new expansion goes live?

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

So this new expansion they are totally changing all the quests, dungeons and maps? So no one will know what is where when they login after the new expansion goes live?

Changing and adding. The continents have been sundered by Deathwing's escape so the land masses do look different and of course the expansion going live today adds five more level (85 is the new cap), flying is now permitted in Azeroth, there are two new races to play (Goblin & Worgen) and a multitude of new dungeons and raids.

I could use a Goblin Warlock...

To go with my level 46 Undead Warlock, level 60 Gnome Warlock, and level 80 Blood Elf Warlock.

Or should I do a Worgen Warlock? Y'know, to balance the sides a little. Should I just **** around with my BE Warlock to see all the changes? Serious question.

Edited by Tale

Changing and adding. The continents have been sundered by Deathwing's escape so the land masses do look different and of course the expansion going live today adds five more level (85 is the new cap), flying is now permitted in Azeroth, there are two new races to play (Goblin & Worgen) and a multitude of new dungeons and raids.

Very bold of them. Hopefully it keeps things fresh. I lost interest in AoC due to the stale content but also the population dropped so low was hard to find a PUG unless you were part of a clique or guild.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Very bold of them. Hopefully it keeps things fresh.

For about a month, maybe.

I'd give it two or three. That's how long Wrath lasted for me, I expect the same. And with an update to Shadowfang Keep, AKA THE BEST DUNGEON IN THE GAME BELOW LEVEL 50, who knows! Unless they make it suck.

Edited by Tale

Worgen starting area touches my special place.

Is the new low level content worth starting a new character? Or is probably best to just use a level 80?

Edited by Tale

Unable to buy the expansion; Blizzard's online shop is broken, and their phone support queue is full.

**** this ****.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Tale, it's not just the starter area, everything 1-60 has been reworked. Dwarven starting zone is the roof of IF, Gnomes start in Gnomergon, and things change from there. the old world questing is now really dynamic relative to what it used to be (so hitting outland feels like slamming into a brick wall).

I've done Hyjal and Deepholm so far. Hyjal's story basically is that it's under attack by ragnaros and the fire elementals and you're beating them back and bringing about the return of several demigods, including cenarius. Culimates in an encounter with Rag where you force him back into the elemental plane where you're gonna go in as a raid and defeat him.

Deepholm is about trying to rebuild the foundation of the world after Deathwing shattered it. Deepholm wasn't as satisfying to me as Hyjal, but I'm not quite done with deepholm yet, so there's probably a massive battle to be had at the end. Millhouse Manastorm did make an appearance however.

Yeah, but which content is most interesting? The 80-85 or the new 1-60? I guess I'm thinking about doing 80-85 with my Blood Elf (Warlock), then doing a 1-85 as a Worgen (Warlock), then 1-60 again as a Goblin (Warlock) for the early Horde experience. hmmm

They're both extremely interesting, The lower level stuff is probably easier to make your way through because the high end stuff takes a lot to get from level to level (9 million exp from 84 to 85)

Oh, I remember reviewing this game and something called.. Stratholme (?) was the coolest raid you could do. THOSE WERE THE DAYS.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Im digging the new stuff so far. Archeology is kinda fun and I really like that the dig sites are individual to the player so you dont have to run around like crazy trying to beat other people to the punch. Been through two of the new dungeons, one in Black Rock Spire and one thats underwater. TBH, I feel they are a bit easy and I was more challenged when they first released the LK dungeons. Questing is much, much better now and unbelievably, one of the first quest rewards I received was a Green (common) chest piece that damn near replaces my T10 chest piece! I already cant wait to get back home and play some more. I have so much work to do leveling my primary and secondary professions. >_

Didn't bother getting it (surprise my friend is complaining about competition for quest mobs), but gear looks like it'll be replaced pretty quick. Seeing lvl 283 greens on the AH, only warrior plate though, bah! Any one have a guess on when the post-expansion rush will die down ? >_<

There are two quest starting areas and the one I went to wasnt too bad. Granted, I didnt start playing until after 5pm so a lot of the hardcore players were long gone. There was some competition for mobs but they have the respawn rate so ramped up that there were times I found myself getting caught up in a pile just because they respawned around me.