The Cataclysm is coming!

Calax

The dungeons get MUCH harder from that point on Gifted. Pulls get more important in how you handle them etc.

Anyway, TO THE TWILIGHT HIGHLANDS! (hauls anduin off to the docks for quests)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Glad to hear CC is back, maybe there'll be less rogues around. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, but when does Warlock tanking make a comback?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

In the Eye of Terror expansion, when we fight all those demons.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Does that mean I'll get my +stam items back? YAY

He likes the Succubi, obviously.

Undead Warlock - Played WoW with a friend for a while. Got bored, quit.

Gnome Warlock - A new group of friends on a new server started playing. Played with them. Got bored eventually, quit.

Blood Elf Warlock - Decided to check out the two expansions, did a trial, decided to stick around for a while. Got bored, quit.

And now I want to check out this new expansion.

Since this is going to be a resub, is there any way I can use that to benefit one of you guys that doesn't require me to play on your server?

Edited by Tale

I wanted to get into WoW but the setting.. humans vs orcs might as well play LotRO same general concept with a much more fleshed out background and lore. The setting never appealed to me sadly.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Still unable to buy the game, and tech support is still unable to take my call (phone queue is full).

You know what? I'm not buying Cataclysm. If Blizzard is unable to operate on online store properly and to provide reasonable customer service, I'm not going to give them my money. Forget it.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Still unable to buy the game, and tech support is still unable to take my call (phone queue is full).

You know what? I'm not buying Cataclysm. If Blizzard is unable to operate on online store properly and to provide reasonable customer service, I'm not going to give them my money. Forget it.

You might find yourself buying very few games at that rate.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Wait, maybe until January or so. Things will smooth out, the game will be better as levelling zones won't be crowded (gankers around but eh) and instances will be well documented. ;)

Also, could just go get a physical copy.

I had planned to make a good bit of gold on the profession boom during the first week or two. Not going to happen, at this rate.

There are no game stores within walking distance of my dorm.

This is unacceptable - Steam doesn't stop working every time a new game is released, yet the battle.net store, unfailingly, does (hell, I couldn't by SCII from it for a good month after it was released).

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Steam does fail at big releases, including Team Fortress 2 updates. Ususally for a few hours.

Edited by Tale

I had planned to make a good bit of gold on the profession boom during the first week or two. Not going to happen, at this rate.

There are no game stores within walking distance of my dorm.

This is unacceptable - Steam doesn't stop working every time a new game is released, yet the battle.net store, unfailingly, does (hell, I couldn't by SCII from it for a good month after it was released).

Heh, well sucks for you.

My copy doesn't look like it's going to arrive until Saturday. I consider this unfortunate.

So far the quests are somewhat interesting, Vash'j is a bit annoying moving from one ragtag outpost to another. The story for each zone flows well too, better than the old zones. My only complaint is that the only plate I get is STR/STAM with crit and parry...which I don't need. Bah

The revamped old world zones are bloody incredible. I spent way too much time yesterday doing quests I only get piddly XP for. I thought I'd miss old Silverpine, killing X amount of Worgen. But I instead killed X amount of Gilneas Liberation Front Worgen and lead commando raids against Hillsbrad refugees and Gilneas itself.

This was after doing Azshara, which has been converted into a very good Goblin 10-20 zone. I don't think Alliance got a new 10-20.

Edited by Tale

Nope, Alliance doesn't. The worgen don't even really have a zone to "themselves" if you will. They're just night elf guard dogs.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Given how much effort the old world revamp must have taken, it definitely seems they plan on the game lasting a bit longer. This is a quite different game than at launch.