Dragon Age 2

CoM_Solaufein

we didn't say anything 'bout reducing budget. bio has less TIME. to get me:fereldan made in time for the Q1 2011 deadline, bio had to trim the fat... and the pc staples seems to be deemed fat.

HA! Good Fun!

I don't know. Maybe you're right but BG II was developed in the same time frame of DA2.

how so? bg2 were released late september of 2000. bg1 were released late november of 1998. two years. da 2 is getting less development time, and there has been far more expansion content released for da than there were for bg. da is also a multi-platform game that includes console development. am thinking you is greatly underestimating the task before bioware to be getting da2 released q1 2011.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Can some one cut and paste that review for FO:NV, please?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"there were a lot of mention on the disparity between PC and Consolle version for the combat part."

Yeah, PC biased people who probably never even bothered with the console version to bgin with. I tried both, and whiole the PC does some things better, overall, I prefer the console version.

"but who am I to discuss the design of their game?"

Eh. That's what the internet is for. Just take our convo as an exmaple. It be pretty boring and short if we agreed with each other all the time. Differing opinions is a good thing unless you are a dictator.

"it's difficult to understand why they have changed the combat system so much if not taking consolle in consideration (imho, off course)."

No doubt nor do I neccessarily agree with the changes they are making. I'd argue that changesthey are making are so unneccessary, but BIO isn't making DA2 for Volourn but for a bunch of people.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Can some one cut and paste that review for FO:NV, please?

For a minute, I thought you meant that site had a review for F:NV. >_<

console or pc? more o' the same console from a console build o' da2 is no surprise, but from everything we has seen and heard, playing da2 on a pc will be a different experience than playing da on a pc. so... console or pc?

btw, Gromnir would rather french kiss an empty light socket than we would want to play da on a console.

HA! Good Fun!

I'm pretty sure it was console, I think all of the showings have been. Could be wrong though. However was there that great a difference between the two? The PC version had access to a better UI and strategic view, but apart from that they played the same didn't they?

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

how so? bg2 were released late september of 2000. bg1 were released late november of 1998. two years. da 2 is getting less development time, and there has been far more expansion content released for da than there were for bg. da is also a multi-platform game that includes console development. am thinking you is greatly underestimating the task before bioware to be getting da2 released q1 2011.

HA! Good Fun!

I don't know, I repeat that maybe you're right. I agree that the dev cycle is very short and I would not be surprised if they take another 6 months: but more for polish and design things and not for actual content. Imho you are understimating that a) Bioware is triple the size it was on 1998 b) DA:O optional content was in charge of a different team c) that BG I has an expansion pack too developed by the same team and that d) DA2 will be way shorter and more cineamtic than DA:O (I expect the half of it if not more with lots of dialogues and videos) and so it will be easier to test the game while BG 2 was.. what, 4 times the size of BGI? Yep there is the port thing (but they allready have the experience and it's not first time) and the gameplay changes but at the end it seems to me that BG 2 was more ambitious than DA 2 as a project.

at the end it seems to me that BG 2 was more ambitious than DA 2 as a project.

:( Which applies to every other Bioware game, ever.

"Boo. Boo never changes"

imgron%20perlman3.jpg

:)

You know, for a cop, you sound awfully like a laywer.

Or a PR.

I'm a lawyer. I've been a prosecutor, but never a cop. :(

Was it the french kissing gromnir part that gave me away?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

You know, for a cop, you sound awfully like a laywer.

Or a PR.

I'm a lawyer. I've been a prosecutor, but never a cop. :(

Was it the french kissing gromnir part that gave me away?

No its the general ability to find a thousand excuses for something you like.

Its like what teenagers do only more refined.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I think what qualifies you as a 'hater' is seeing excuses in what I wrote earlier. Or, if you're saying that I like eurogamer and am thinking of excuses for them, you might be right. Bioware, not so much. In fact, the only reason I tend to support Bio is because I don't want to jump on the antiBiotic bandwagon with y'all. :wowey:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think what qualifies you as a 'hater' is seeing excuses in what I wrote earlier. Or, if you're saying that I like eurogamer and am thinking of excuses for them, you might be right. Bioware, not so much. In fact, the only reason I tend to support Bio is because I don't want to jump on the antiBiotic bandwagon with y'all. ;)

I'm far too refined to be a hater. Its such a harsh word. And I was just poking you, don't go rolling d20's for your verbal confrontation skill. :wowey:

You... you... lawyer.

ewjse-hell.png

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

"Which applies to every other Bioware game, ever.

"

Nah. That wouldm be NWN. BG2 wasn't ambitious. It was a sequel that was 'more of the same'. With NWN pushed ahead with something that was different, and actually tried something new.

"Which applies to every other Bioware game, ever.

"

Nah. That wouldm be NWN. BG2 wasn't ambitious. It was a sequel that was 'more of the same'. With NWN pushed ahead with something that was different, and actually tried something new.

A toolset is something new in the world of computer games?

logosig2.jpg

I forgot one important thing to mention in my previous post. DA2 development begun in the february of 2009, when the PC game was ready to be shipped and they decided to hold on 6 months to launch the game as multiplatform (Laidlaw's and Gaider's words in the Bio board). So, 2 years: just like BG 2.

"A toolset is something new in the world of computer games? "

New? No. But a hell of a lot more ambitious than BG2 was. It was also new that BIO went further than anyone ever did when it came to making modding tools that basically anyone could use. The fact they had a game that full fledge OC 9whetehr you like it or not is irrelevant), online, SP campaign, and a toolset. And, NWN was different than any otyhr BIO game and even DA floppedm in terms of how crappy it's toolset is mod coummity is.

Sorry, but anyone who claims that BG2 was in any way more ambitious or brought something more 'new' than NWN is delusional. Plain, and simple. Argue that BG2 was better than NWN as you might have a case (I personally prefer BG2 over the OC myself) but BG2 as being more ambitious? Hell to the no.

Edited by Volourn

Sorry, but anyone who claims that BG2 was in any way more ambitious or brought something more 'new' than NWN is delusional. Plain, and simple. Argue that BG2 was better than NWN as you might have a case (I personally prefer BG2 over the OC myself) but BG2 as being more ambitious? Hell to the no.

73o5sn.gif

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

So you're saying that a half baked game with a DIY kit to finish it up is more ambitious than a full fledged, largest ever, well written and interesting RPG?

Yay.

See, I prefer getting a game when I put my money on the table, not an instruction manual and a box of legos.

Where I come from its ambitious to carve a statue out of a stone, not to sell a block and a chisel.

logosig2.jpg

Actually, Volourn is right. NWN did nothing for me and its OC was a pile of steaming crap, but as a project it was an extremely ambitious one for Bioware, and in fact a rare example of such an endeavour being successful (on the PW / modding / coop side).

BG2 is ambitious in the sense that, of course, it's unlikely that we'll see another game of the same scale - it was big in every imaginable sense.