Old School Game looking for Old school Gamers

Zhurrie

Hey Guys,

I dont know how many people (like me) are still into the classics; namely NWN 1 .. Yeah THAT OLD! o:)

But we have a "new" world that we are developing and we are looking for people interested in playing, beta testing, DMing and even helping develop. I dont know if this is the right place to post this so sorry if I am crossing the ole Topic line. o:)

If you remember NWN 1 and are interested in getting into an gamers group please check out Empires of the Sands

Here is little description:

EOTS is a land filled with adventure and stories. A land seemingly always poised for battle and yet peaceful. It is a land of intrigue, politics, religion, treachery, beauty, economic prosperity, and much, much more. Here you will find yourself immersed in an amazing world with many others of like mind. The EOTS has hundreds of places to visit and explore. You and the people you meet here will interact with all kinds of people and creatures. You will scale mountains, cross deserts, and travel beneath the waters. Challenges will be met and overcome. With good teamwork between you and your fellow adventurers, nothing can stand in your way! Riches, fame, or perhaps just a quiet place in the wilderness that you can call your own will be yours someday in The Empires of the Sands

Come see Calimport, the Gem of the south, Athkatla the merchant city, or the independent city of Baldur's Gate among many others. There visit temples, shops, inns, and taverns. Join others in the Mystic Inn or in the City Outskirts and head off to adventure together and clear the lands of evil wherever they find it. Find the best crafted wares made by gifted player crafters. Join a guild devoted to adventurers like you. But be careful here if you follow the path of light! These lands are foreboding and filled with those that are "shady" at best!

Looking for a challenge? Visit a vast Underdark filled with its own challenges and rewards. The Underdark, where the Drow Matrons rule and males know their place in the order of things, where the cruel Duergar plot their endless campaigns of revenge against their Dwarven kin and where war and death are accepted facts of life. Raid the surface peoples of their treasure and farm goods. Master the tunnels and caverns that will become your home and carve out a dark empire of your own.

Or choose to live the rough life! Enter the city of Calimport, known for its powerful criminal underworld and "melting pot" of characters. Here warriors, rogues, merchants, and indeed all classes of adventurers are encouraged to be the best they can be, no matter the cost. Only the strongest survive in the south. The weak are driven out or perish.

EOTS has the best custom content that NWN1 has to offer! Below is a small listing of what we offer in our world.

* Custom Travel System

* Custom Player Housing System

* Custom Banking System

* Dynamic Stock Investment and Bond System

* Player Persistent Storage (Limited)

* Heavily Customised XP system

* Customised class Abilities

* Subrace System (limited)

* Custom NPC and DM Factions

* Options for PC run Factions and Guilds

* Fully Customised Creature List

* Numerous Scripted Customised Quests

* DnD Based Crafting System (props to Vulcano)

* Entirely Customised Item List

* Heavily Customised Scaled Loot system

* Numerous Custom Tilesets and Game Environments (e.g. Wild and Dead Magic Zones)

* Heavily Customised Soundtrack

* Dynamic Custom Quest Generation System

* Open Ended PC Activities for slow times (Games of Chance, Hunting, Fishing, Bounty Hunting, etc.)

There are many more I

I'm particularly wary to try out any persistant world servers. I tried one for NWN2 and the game tended to be people hanging out in the town square chatting in character.

Yes, roleplaying. Where the characters stop adventuring and turn into the town knitting circle.

*experiences may not be typical. Consult your doctor before engaging in online roleplaying games.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The shallow racism between the fire and water Genasi really made the world seem alive.

hahahaha

Awesome replies! Well I think its pretty old school in comparison to all the new kids on the block; the DA, WOW, LOTR, even NWN2 etc :dragon: but it is still a classic and totally customizable.

To answer some of the questions :

YES :thumbsup: it is like an MMO it has the usual quests, dungeons, party groups , crafting , all the usual suspects.

and YES :thumbsup: it does have more roleplaying then most "graphics dependent" games , it was after all based on P&P D&D (Pencil and Paper dungeons and dragons) for you younger types. :*

The primary difference is NWN 1 costs around $10 and that's it , no $16 a month plus $50 upgrades every 6 moths, and that's always been a plus for me .. also this MMO like version (Empires of the Sands) is still in development so as a beta tester, dungeon master or part time developer you can really help guide it to its full potential and add your particular style to it (unless of course your style is lame? -_- ).

...not interested myself, but probably a lot of time to make a new environment for a game so plus points for the effort.

...One day someone will make a full fledged Pac-Man RPG and I will die of happiness. Or laughter. Depends.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

...One day someone will make a full fledged Pac-Man RPG and I will die of happiness. Or laughter. Depends.

I suddenly have the urge to make such a game.

Not because I want you dead. More for the bragging rights that I killed a person. So long as nobody asks me how.

How would you feel if Pac-Man was a hardboiled detective in this game?

Edited by Tale

Pac-Man needs encounters where there's the chance to be melted by dragons breath or alien lasers or something. So if they're alien, laser-toting hard boiled detectives, sure, that'd be groovy. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

YES :thumbsup: it is like an MMO it has the usual quests, dungeons, party groups , crafting , all the usual suspects.

and YES :thumbsup: it does have more roleplaying then most "graphics dependent" games , it was after all based on P&P D&D (Pencil and Paper dungeons and dragons) for you younger types. :dragon:

Well, aren't we condescending...

Maybe try the codex?

and YES :thumbsup: it does have more roleplaying then most "graphics dependent" games , it was after all based on P&P D&D (Pencil and Paper dungeons and dragons) for you younger types. -_-

Well, aren't we condescending...

Maybe try the codex?

Sorry wasn't trying to be condescending .. but common D&D was late 70's early 80's .. were you born then? :dragon:

Anyway I like the Pacman Idea I think I may have to add him as an Easter Egg to the NWN world!

If you remember NWN 1 and are interested in getting into an gamers group please check out Empires of the Sands

I remember NWN1 :lol: (It was the very first pay2play online MMO)

I call your NWN and raise with my Pool of Radiance. I'm just too lazy to walk upstairs and take a picture of the box. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif