RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

when i was 10 i would have loved the idea of buying the custscenes as a movie. then I would have done it and watched it and never bought one again cause it would be terriblly unfun to watch.

There's a MGS4 joke somewhere in there.

Hahaha

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I thought everyone hated Demon's Souls :lol: what's all this commotion around their next game?

demons souls is my favorite ps3 game. and is the reason i bought a ps3. I have never met someone who didnt like it.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/demons-souls

its also extremely well liked by critics. where did you hear people hated it?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

everyone I asked, do. and also there's that Yahtzee review which doesn't make it any better

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

by "hard" you mean, there's no way to save the game midway through the mission? like in NES games? I don't know a single "oldschool" person, who enjoys such an experience :lol: save for, maybe, AVGN. but he's obviously insane

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

everyone I asked, do. and also there's that Yahtzee review which doesn't make it any better

The game is brutal, that will have put some people off, but that doesn't mean its a bad game.

And Yahtzee's review basically says "This game is really really hard"

It's old skool hard, like games used to be, and I love it for that. Other than the difficulty at its very core it is an exceptionally well crafted experience, the controls are slick, if you die its because you messed up, not because the controls are lame.

Demon's Souls isn't for everyone, but that doesn't mean its a bad game. Many a bad game has been sucked up by the masses and critics and acclaimed to be awesome, and infact they've been simplistic, repetative and dull.

by "hard" you mean, there's no way to save the game midway through the mission? like in NES games? I don't know a single "oldschool" person, who enjoys such an experience :lol: save for, maybe, AVGN. but he's obviously insane

By hard I mean "you die a lot".

I don't enjoy that kind of stuff either, but having more variety in the market is always good.

by "hard" you mean, there's no way to save the game midway through the mission? like in NES games? I don't know a single "oldschool" person, who enjoys such an experience :o save for, maybe, AVGN. but he's obviously insane

You see that's the biggest misunderstanding about this game. The game saves all the time and you continue where you left. There's a set number of enemies, that respawn only if you leave the world. So it's only really hard if you run straight into the danger and don't think. If you're getting your ass kicked you just run away to a part where you've cleared out all the enemies and heal up, calm down,... and then try again or leave the world and try your luck somewhere else. You can do everything at the pace you desire.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

You see that's the biggest misunderstanding about this game. The game saves all the time and you continue where you left. There's a set number of enemies, that respawn only if you leave the world. So it's only really hard if you run straight into the danger and don't think. If you're getting your ass kicked you just run away to a part where you've cleared out all the enemies and heal up, calm down,... and then try again or leave the world and try your luck somewhere else. You can do everything at the pace you desire.

Hmm, that is not my experience with this game.

I remember sitting in some hub (Nexus?) ****ting my pants as I had to leave the safety zone and enter one of the worlds. The one I chose looked quite nice and calm, with a ruined castle to the left and a mountain path straight ahead. I took one stride forward and this huge metallic knight I hadn't noticed (he was the same colour as the background) rolled into a ball and came swishing down the mountain to fight me. He was so fast, I barely had time to raise my shield before he hit me the first time! He hit me so hard, even though I had my shield up I was stunned from the impact. Then he hit me twice in quick succession and I died. Pissed, I went back in, prepared. After a tough battle I finally emerged victorious, thinking that it was cruel to put a small boss that early in the level.. until I realized that it wasn't a boss at all, just a normal enemy, of which up to three might attack you at any one time.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

People taking Yahtzee's review as an indicator of the general opinion about a game.. that's cute. :)

funny thing is, with the games I've played he always nails it right on the head, every time. that's gotta mean something :) he might be wrong, but it's usually "right" in my book, so I tend to trust him

Walsingham said:

People taking Yahtzee's review as an indicator of the general opinion about a game.. that's cute. :)

funny thing is, with the games I've played he always nails it right on the head, every time. that's gotta mean something :) he might be wrong, but it's usually "right" in my book, so I tend to trust him

He concerns himself purely with negatives. He rarely if at all focus's on the positives.

He concerns himself purely with negatives. He rarely if at all focus's on the positives.

He's a comedian. I don't blame him for that. I blame people that take him more seriously than how he should be taken.

he is a comedian, he's funny to a degree, but that doesn't mean he's not making any valid points. everything he criticizes is really that bad. and there's really so many games on the market, that I'd rather trust his judgment and skip a few titles

Walsingham said:

Whoops, never mind

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra