Fallout: New Vegas

Looks like they're putting a lot of options available for the quests, and that real-time has been indeed improved.

EDIT : Unsurprisingly, the press is complaining about bugs that were already present in Fallout 3 and that they weren't mentioned for the reviews of the game (as far as I've seen).

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Bah spoilers, I refuse to look.

EDIT : Unsurprisingly, the press is complaining about bugs that were already present in Fallout 3 and that they weren't mentioned for the reviews of the game (as far as I've seen).

Which bugs?

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Which bugs?

Glitchy vats (mentioned in another preview), stuttering framerate, bad pathfinding, people attacking you just because you touch an unimportant object flagged as the property of one particular faction.

Just to clarify, I don't think Obsidian should be excused for these either, but I would have preferred if they talked about those things in the reviews/previews. Instead, you read about those only in forum comments after release.

Which bugs?

Glitchy vats (mentioned in another preview), stuttering framerate, bad pathfinding, people attacking you just because you touch an unimportant object flagged as the property of one particular faction.

Other than the 'glitchy vats' bit, I didn't really run into any of those problems you mentioned. Not arguing of their existence of course.

Which bugs?

Other than the 'glitchy vats' bit, I didn't really run into any of those problems you mentioned. Not arguing of their existence of course.

Well they didn't really hamper my enjoyment of Fallout 3, so I doubt they'll make me somehow mysteriously hate Fallout : New Vegas.

That is, of course, assuming Obsidian doesn't introduce other (more serious) bugs, but for now there's no indication of such thing.

Gah, I'm trying to UNINSTALL empire total war and Steam is taking 20 minutes to open itself (why does it need to open in the first place?!). I'm seriously wondering whether Civ 5 and F:NV are worth putting up with this bull****. come on Obsidian, non-Steam won't kill you. :lol:

Anyway, I'm sure the game will be about as buggy as FO3 was - which, to me and I think most people, was not very.

All these so called journos are whining. One won't stop bitching about the loadscreens, another is hung-up on npc navigation, yet another complaining about the pipboy being the same model, and how the compass doesn't tell you explicitly where to go every inch of the way, as if it wasn't already holding their hand in the first place. I'm telling you, these same jokers who were handing out endless 10's and to fo3 just two years ago, are already lining up to tear new vegas down for the all the shortcomings they gave a free pass on.

I guess they just aren't getting enough ad revenue/blood/virgins this time, since this one is getting a smaller push.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

All these so called journos are whining. One won't stop bitching about the loadscreens, another is hung-up on npc navigation, yet another complaining about the pipboy being the same model, and how the compass doesn't tell you explicitly where to go every inch of the way, as if it wasn't already holding their hand in the first place. I'm telling you, these same jokers who were handing out endless 10's and to fo3 just two years ago, are already lining up to tear new vegas down for the all the shortcomings they gave a free pass on.

I guess they just aren't getting enough ad revenue/blood/virgins this time, since this one is getting a smaller push.

They're certainly setting up for a more negative reception than Fallout 3.

The question now is just how much more?

I just hope there will be a possibility of beating the game in 20 minutes

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Planning a speedrun?

I just like the idea of the whole game being a huge sidequest. you could do it in any order or just pass on it, it's not required for beating the game. no xp grind, no stupid fetch quests. OR you could have it all. F2 is a pinnacle of game design in my eyes :( I just hope NV will get close enough to it

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

From the Eurogamer preview:

"At this point we can choose to point out that he has just "killed" four guys with three bullets, which is a mite suspicious, but we reason that we could just let him go and then report him to King later, so we don't. Unfortunately the game isn't quite set up for this kind of thinking, and upon returning to King we're only given the option to say Orris "seems legit""

I hope this isn't true! If there's one thing I hate in games is when there's something completely obvious about a quest, but the game leaves you no option to figure things out for yourself and instead forces you down some convoluted quest path just to come to that same obvious solution.

Fix it, Obsidian!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!