Fallout: New Vegas

Do a comparison between the tribal pack pre-order thing and the screenshot where the item is shown in the game.

In the latter the item is clearly using the right textures, while in the one used to show what you're getting for the pre-order for some reason, it looks like it's using the wrong textures.

I tried doing an image in GIMP but I ended up covering all the details I had to actually point out, so I just gave up. :o

- Super Stimpaks – When you absolutely, positively, need to keep your blood inside your body, Super Stimpaks fix you up in no time.

- Doctors Bags – Mercenaries and broken limbs go together like Iguana-on-a-Stick and Nuka Cola. Thankfully, these Doctors Bags take a bit of sting out of the inevitable crushed skull.

-- So Super Stimpaks will heal more quickly in Hardcore Mode? :sorcerer:

-- Much like repair kits, it's good awesome to see doctor's bags are making a comeback. Simply using stimpaks on broken limbs pretty much destroyed the purpose of broken limbs for me.

:o

The tribal raiding armour appears to be displaying some texture issues in this particular pic:

http://static.bethsoft.com/blog/fnv-tribalpackblog1.jpg

Having compared the two pictures, I think they didn't want it to look EXACTLY like the Blastmaster raider armor; you know, the one in Fallout 3? Along with the awesome leather armor and awesome armored vault suit... o:)

edit:

BTW, I remember reading that in FO2, because there was no time limit, the doctor skill became useless; you could just rest for a long time and you would heal eventually.

I wonder how they're handling doctor's bags in NV... Hmm......

Edited by Nemo0071

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Ahhh, you mean how the foot color kinda looks like its overlapped onto the shoe a bit?

No, I guess he means 'looks like they've completely forgotten to activate 'ArchiveInvalidated' here '.

Really, the textures are all over the place.. the wrong place. :o

The fun thing is that the screenshot itself shows the right textures.. it's just the 'pre-order image' that's messed up.

Some sloppy PR lately Bethesda huh?

First the early build gameplay footage on IGN, then this....

EDIT : Just look at what should be the ammo belt and you'll understand.

*ding ding ding*

The pre-order image is missing it's texture data.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

BTW, I remember reading that in FO2, because there was no time limit, the doctor skill became useless; you could just rest for a long time and you would heal eventually.

Doctor's bags are the items you need in hardcore mode for healing crippled limbs.

I'm not sure what will be their role if you don't use hardcore mode, maybe they will heal more than one crippled limb at the same time... or maybe a gif of angry Sawyer's face will appear scolding you for not playing the game in hardcore mode. :o

Doctor's bags are the items you need in hardcore mode for healing crippled limbs.

I'm not sure what will be their role if you don't use hardcore mode, maybe they will heal more than one crippled limb at the same time... or maybe a gif of angry Sawyer's face will appear scolding you for not playing the game in hardcore mode. :o

Heh. Nice.

So, in normal mode (like in FO3), we can heal the broken limbs simply by sleeping in a bed or even using stimpaks; and in hardcore, we need to see a doctor or be our own doctor? :sorcerer:

I think they'll keep some kind of "free" way to heal in the game, hardcore or not. It probably should be there too, but that's also the thing bugging me... Maybe you have to sleep in your own house / bed (like the well-rested bonus) to heal limbs...

"Time" in Fallout is great in concept, but its related balancing problems are going to kill me someday. Or rather, the designers. Meh, maybe not.

I think they'll keep some kind of "free" way to heal in the game, hardcore or not. It probably should be there too, but that's also the thing bugging me... Maybe you have to sleep in your own house / bed (like the well-rested bonus) to heal limbs...

I doubt they'd take out the ability of healing limbs with stimpak and leave healing limbs when resting...

Also, according to mags in Hardcore (!!!) mode to heal your limbs you either have to use a doctor's bag or see a doctor.

Mags have been wrong quite a lot in the past though, so it's not like that's a definite confirmation.

Well if you don't treat a broken limb bone marrow seeps into the bloodstream and you become septic and die.

Considering the 100 skill point cap (for medicine), I don't think we'll see that much detail in the game... :shifty:

Also, before anyone mentions it, when I said "a free way to heal", I wasn't thinking of *GASP* "hand-holding", I was thinking of a safety switch.

*ding ding ding*

The pre-order image is missing it's texture data.

So all you're saying is that textures change over the course of development?

I suspect it wasn't missing it's texture data when it was created.

The point is that posting an image where the armor misses its unique texture is bad.. well not bad, more like, sloppy PR.

Especially when you then post a screenshot with the correct looking armor just near the other image.

Then again, as I've already pointed out, that the first gameplay footage comes from an earlier build.. well.. Bethesda's PR isn't always perfect.

Amentep, that is the creepiest picture I have ever seen in my life.

wut?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I spy with my little eye... a breakaction grenade launcher.

Sweet.

"Phom"

*evil giggles*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Dude! Awesome! That trailer gave me tingles... of awesome. October can't come soon enough! :lol:

I was always looking forward to New Vegas... especially considering I already loved Fallout 3... but now its moved to the top of my 'looking forward to' list. :)

P.S.: Whats the matter with that jerk shooting the robot. It just floating along boogying down to some funky music and he just comes along and blasts it. Its not like there is a lot of good music in the wasteland or anything.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat