5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer

"erotic is what you like, kinky is what everyone else likes.."
Off topic: Why does the Nerubian hero in WarCraft III say "Kinky."? I never got that. :lol:

Because of the master-slave relationship which is established when the player dominates the hero with his mouse clicks.

If I may post a piece of doggerel, which I think is more descriptive:

I know my desire. It is dry like the thorn tree and hot like the sun. ...You are the armour of the cobra as she waits beside the path. You are the long slow swell of the sea. My lips are adrift on you.

I have no idea what that means.

I think maturity is treating any subject or person as no more than what they is/are.(so handling sex maturely(word?) is to treat it as no more than what it is.) Hmm, so interpreting sex maturely would be to talk about it without like any other hobby or activity, although it is something I would only discuss with close friends(because I know that they will treat it in the same manner I do.)

I don't know what lie Walsingham is talking about, could you be more specific? Sex can either be used for pleasure, children, or as a commodity(something to be bought, sold, given or taken as a means to an end based on how others-)

Edited by Irrelevant

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

"erotic is what you like, kinky is what everyone else likes.."
Off topic: Why does the Nerubian hero in WarCraft III say "Kinky."? I never got that. :shifty:

Because of the master-slave relationship which is established when the player dominates the hero with his mouse clicks.

....Wow...dude..just..wow.

@Irrelevant:

The 'lie' I'm referring to (not sure if I used that term) is the notion that the depiction of sex in games is wrong. I'm simply saying it's quintessentially male, and therefore perfectly valid. Certainly as valid as it would be if we shifted to a depiction of sex in games which was all meaningful glances, and romance.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't think its wrong, or thats its a male viewpoint, in my experience girls are way more perverted than guys, they simply tend to hide their feelings..(Ever notice how girls tend to say whats bothering them in the most inderect manner possible?)

As someone whose high school friendships consisted almost entirely of hordes and hordes of girls that placed me squarely in the much feared "friend zone", I confirm that girls are on average FAR more perverted than guys are.

Did they make you wear dresses, gagged, tied and defiled you? If not please don't respond.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I don't think its wrong, or thats its a male viewpoint, in my experience girls are way more perverted than guys, they simply tend to hide their feelings..(Ever notice how girls tend to say whats bothering them in the most inderect manner possible?)

I don't know about perverse. If you mean that when they do get in charge they tend to have rather novel and dynamic ideas then I'd agree. I think the thing is that women are often lacking in control mechanisms (soical status, strength, a biogenetically engineering tyrannosaur etc), and as such they have to be wary of sex. Because - as I say - sex is many things including dangerous. Women have a lot more to lose by sex than men do. So there's a kind of tension between need/passion, the ambition to fully exploit that need/passion, and the fear of risk.

LOL. I guess that's why I like 'warrior women' as a rule. Very little fear. :lol:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I agree with the exception of social status since girls tend to set social mores(I think thats how this conversation got started?) also birth control on the part of girls would certainly help;

It would certainly be nice to meet a woman that I both get along with and who can control her emotions.

I agree with the exception of social status since girls tend to set social mores(I think thats how this conversation got started?) also birth control on the part of girls would certainly help;

It would certainly be nice to meet a woman that I both get along with and who can control her emotions.

Ah, the perfect woman. Keep looking. :o

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

"I actually thought the sex scene with paragon MaleShep and Jack was mature, yet very tastefully done. The one with Miranda... well... back to someone's puerile male fantasy."

Riiighhht. Like the sex scene with miranda would never happen in real life. L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

paragon MaleShep and Jack

You almost made me double-check whether ME2 had a gay romance after all. Then I remembered Jack's the mad chick.

o:) Yeah, once past the visual junk ink and the bad attitude, her story turned out to be very poignant and touching... as was the love-making scene. It truly seemed like "love making" instead of just plain let's-get-laid sex. (Unlike some of the other romances, lol)

Yes, I should replay ME2 at one point and generate an end-save where FemShep remained faithful to either Liara or Kaiden.

Jacob's really meh, not to mention the romance dialogue is horrendous... and Frogboy's is even worse. Garrus is alright, but he's better as a friend.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yes, I should replay ME2 at one point and generate an end-save where FemShep remained faithful to either Liara or Kaiden.

Jacob's really meh, not to mention the romance dialogue is horrendous... and Frogboy's is even worse. Garrus is alright, but he's better as a friend.

Gotta admit, Modin's dialogue when you're romancing Garrus is funny as heck!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

True, true. FemShep acts like a **** with Jacob, romancing Garrus would seem rather incestuous since he's more like a brother than a lover, and the bug-eyed assassin is about as sexy as an iguana on steroids.

I already have a FemShep save remaining faithful to Kaiden, because hope springs eternal. :)

True, true. FemShep acts like a **** with Jacob, romancing Garrus would seem rather incestuous since he's more like a brother than a lover, and the bug-eyed assassin is about as sexy as an iguana on steroids.

I already have a FemShep save remaining faithful to Kaiden, because hope springs eternal. :huh:

And Samara is unavailable.

village_idiot.gif