2010 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

But, but...will there be any referees left for the finals?

Also, Viva Espania!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yet another offside goal tonight. But since it sent Cristiano Ronaldo home, I guess it's alright.

Dont forget too the penalty over Torres that the referee didnt see :thumbsup:

Between you can see in the video there is no offside of Villa, the player who is in offside even doesnt try get the ball :lol:

http://www.as.com/futbol/video/gol-villa-p...asdasftb_12.Ves

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

Really looked like offside to me, but after a lot of careful pausing of the video player, I think I can confirm Villa was onside.

This is where Xavi touches the ball.

villaonsidesmall.jpg

He is on level with the defender furthest from the camera.

Yeah, it was onside. Really not comparable to the first Argentina goal.

Two borefest games tonight, hope it livens up again for the quarter-finals. So far matches between evenly matched teams have all been boring. (No, Germany - England wasn't 'evenly matched'.)

More interested in the possible "Spanish fakeing/assault" of the day. If there really was no contact, it would be a suitable escalation of David Villa's fisticuffs and Torres's swan dive.

0 yellows before last night, indeed. :thumbsup:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Felipe Melo, of all people, katana-slices the entire Dutch team in half with one pass, Brazil one up.

Bloody European teams failing at everything :blink:

Felipe Melo, of all people, katana-slices the entire Dutch team in half with one pass, Brazil one up.

Bloody European teams failing at everything :)

A bit downhill for Melo after that, it seems...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've only got the text descriptions - what did Melo do?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Holy hell, that probably was the best match in the tournament so far :)

Congrats Holland!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've only got the text descriptions - what did Melo do?
He trod on Robben from frustration. After the second score from Netherlands, Brazilians seem to be fighting with themselves, too.

Lulz, that equalizer was the silliest goal I've ever seen on a World Cup. It should've been 2-0 at least on half time. Free ticket for the finals for the Dutch!
During the first half, Brazil seems to have been a hybrid of individual skills and European-ish tactics. However, in the second half, they seem to have lost all the discipline, made me think that "organizing" a team like Brazil was not a good idea to begin with... :)

Really didn't expect Brazil to lose the plot like that. But I am glad.

If only Spain would manage not to choke tomorrow, this could be the first World Cup in my lifetime when there is no team in the semi-finals that I actively hate. Cause for celebration in itself. But that's for tomorrow. Right now...Go Ghana!

Ghana should have gotten the goal on the spot after the cheating from Suarez. And the cheating bastard even dared to jubilate after the missed penalty, and what was he doing on the pitch later on, being lifted on the shoulders of his fellows as some kind of hero?

It was a made goal that was prevented in an irregular way... and after the missed penalty Ghana was obviously completely hammered mentally.

Bah. :sorcerer:

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.