New Syndicate game

Well, according to their webpage, they've been working on a "classic EA franchise" for a time now. Even if Bullfrog's IP assets wound up with EA, I'd have to say that's stretching it a bit. Of course, being Swedish, I guess it could be just an unrelated social democracy simulation where you lead a trade union for the greater glory of the Folkhemmet. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

i bet it will be just another FPS ...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Well, according to their webpage, they've been working on a "classic EA franchise" for a time now.

Yeah, and the rumor that it's Syndicate has been around for a long time.

They were also working on a Jason Bourne game, but it was recently revealed on of their projects was canned, which I guess is likely to be Bourne.

I'd be very surprised if this doesn't end up as an FPS, but considering how much I enjoyed Riddick and The Darkness I'd be pretty happy with a Syndicate flavoured cyberpunk FPS EVEN THOUGH IT WAS TOTALLY UNNECESSARY TO CALL IT SYNDICATE BECAUSE ITS NOT EVEN THE SAME FRANCHISE ITS A TOTALLY UNNECESSARY ATTEMPT TO GET YOUR MONEY EVERY TIME A COPY IS SOLD A TRUE FAN DIES

Edited by Hell Kitty

I remember Syndicate Wars, sorta, but not Syndicate. Were they different?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

IIRC 'Wars was the sequel to Syndicate.

Yup, but was the gameplay different?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It was more or less the same but in 3D.

Thanks.

I played Syndicate Wars for a bit many years ago but never really got into it, so my memory of it is vague at best.

I loved both Syndicate and Syndicate Wars but I remember those days original Syndicate fans rarely liked the sequel. Syndicate characters are perfect for FPS as they are cyborgs who can take huge amount of punishment even in original games (epic minigun fights where 2 teams of Syndicates just stand there shooting each other and trying to overcome health renegation). After Syndicate, every time I used minigun in Wolfenstain 3d, all I could think how cool it would to have Syndicate FPS. Heh... I guess after 20 years might might be able to play it but unfortunately game industry and games have changed so much that I don't expect too much about it.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I loved the original Syndicate, but Wars wasn't as good (but still good). Mostly it was the premise in the sequel that was a bit so-so. In the original you played as a corporation bent on taking over the world. In the second you had already taken over the world and had to deal with factions rebelling. And religious fanatics. Especially the latter felt out of place.

But a remake would be nice, especially if it's similar in gameplay.

especially if it's similar in gameplay.

Yeah, right.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I used so much monowire entanglement on that game that I can still hear the little voice saying 'monowire'. My god, I used a lot of that stuff. HUGE beds of it, interspersed with detwire. So the opposition would struggle through the mono, only to get blown backwards through it and have to do it over again. Then four cyborgs with sniper rifles, like a miniature version of the film 'Zulu'.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I loved Syndicate. I particularly liked that you could take a lot of time setting up in a sector before you made your move. You could position your troops and vehicles as perfectly as possible before you sprung your attack.

Syndicate was awesome! :thumbsup: It is definitely one of the classics. I am somewhat sceptical that they will keep the style of gameplay in any revival, but on the other hand it is not completely implausible given that the gameplay was action-oriented anyway (and that seems to be most popular these days) and would carry over well to a 3-D environment.

I work with a few guys who worked on Syndicate Wars back in the Bullfrog days... Nothing interesting, just thought I'd boast :sorcerer:

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Bullfrog... R.I.P. -_-

They made some awesome games. I remember playing Populous and Syndicate on my Amiga.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Syndicate was a great deal of fun back in the day. I have no idea on how they will be able recapture the greatness of the original game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bullfrog... R.I.P. :)

They made some awesome games. I remember playing Populous and Syndicate on my Amiga.

Alot of those guys are still around in the Guildford area, they're just working on different teams.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!