Bizarre attempt to smuggle dead body onto airliner

Monte Carlo

Well there goes any plausibility that the Weekend at Bernies series may have had...

Also, maybe its just all the Urban Legend spams I've gotten, but I find it very suspicious that not one person in the story is named - not the arrested women, the dead man, the spokesperson for the airport, the spokeswoman for Rowland Brothers Funeral Home, Spokeswoman for easyJet or the spokesperson for the police. Suspicious story or poor journalism?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

^ Pretty common when people have been arrested in the UK.

Down to not even naming the spokespeople of the companies/organizations involved? :o

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Interesting, I tried to find that news at other sites but had failed. Thanks for the link.

Still surprised the spokespeople weren't named!

OK,

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just bury the dog in back yard. How hard is that?

doing so is technically illegal in many states and counties. sure, people still do so, but that sorta disposal o' animal remains is prohibited; there is good reasons for prohibiting folks from burying Fido or Rex in their backyard. also, from a practical standpoint, the ride home from the vet woulda' been mighty uncomfortable. Gromnir drives a ford f-150. throw the dead dog in back? aside from the fact that it were raining that day, am thinking that our sister woulda' objected to such treatment o' the remains. ask our sister to hold the corpse on her lap the entire way home? kinda callous. no doubt vol wouldn't mind, but our sister is a bit more... human.

but lord knows we ain't gonna debate with vol... Mr. Jurant is far more insightful.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

How is giving a dog a burial - back year or not - inhumane? Just ebcause it isn't 'official' or it doesn't cost hundreds of dollars? Come on. You cna ahve a humble ceremony for your family pet and respect the process with eulogies if so inclined.

But, I guess spending big bucks is the only way to show respect. Nah. Soemtiems, the most respectful gestures don't cost monies. Shocking, I know.

On Topic: L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

How is giving a dog a burial - back year or not - inhumane? Just ebcause it isn't 'official' or it doesn't cost hundreds of dollars? Come on. You cna ahve a humble ceremony for your family pet and respect the process with eulogies if so inclined.

But, I guess spending big bucks is the only way to show respect. Nah. Soemtiems, the most respectful gestures don't cost monies. Shocking, I know.

On Topic: L0LZ

I believe he was referring to the throwing of the dead dog into the back of his truck, not the act of burial.