Games you are looking forward to.

Darque

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is now on my must-buy list due to that new trailer. Yeah, it's a CG trailer, but the atmosphere in it, if reflected in the game, is awesome, and what I want more of.

Come now, don't play hard to be won over o:)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Deus Ex 3 looks great, I just don't like how it's all brown. Definitely going to check it out though.

It's golden, not brown, golden!

It's all just one color though. I hate that. They easily could have made it more colouful.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Deus Ex 3 looks great, I just don't like how it's all brown. Definitely going to check it out though.

It's golden, not brown, golden!

It's all just one color though. I hate that. They easily could have made it more colouful.

How can you hate gold? How can you? You must be a communist, like LoF.

P.S. : I was joking by the way, I'm not a fan of the color palette too, but at least, it gives the game personality, and looking from the screenshots, is mostly limited to the outiside/night locations.

I am pretty skeptical about a new deus ex game.... but I have to say I'm definitely being won over....

every time the director speaks about the project he says how the game is being based around deus ex 1, with large open levels and lots of paths etc, even the inventory system is based on the first game apparently (which i love since it was a great balance in the game keeping you from being too powerful by forcing you to really think about what you wanted to carry)

also i love that there will be no multiplayer, it shows that they at least are going into this project with the right mindset.

and yes even the cg trailer was good. it was actually REALLY good imo, it's probably the first cg trailer to make me excited about a game since the old FF7 cg trailers they showed on tv back when i was in high school.

so now they've succeeded in getting my hopes high enough that i can be crushed if the game is a big dookie.... oh well, here's hoping!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Well, did anyone expect them to say they were using IW as inspiration ? o:)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is now on my must-buy list due to that new trailer. Yeah, it's a CG trailer, but the atmosphere in it, if reflected in the game, is awesome, and what I want more of.

I'll just take a moment to pessimitically point out that the IW trailer drew raves also.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well, did anyone expect them to say they were using IW as inspiration ? :thumbsup:

Did anyone expect them to use IW as inspiration?

Who knows, I'm not in the developer's head. But it's good PR to say you're drawing on the better loved predecessor. :) Will obviously wait until I play a demo (pffbt, unlikely) or get feedback from a valued source on it.

Edited by Malcador

What he said.

What they said. I'm trying really hard to think of some other games I'm looking forward to. Force Unleashed II? Meh... Fallout:NV... mebbe. Can't think of anything else, really. :/

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

new vegas

deus ex 3

starcraft 2

diablo 3

looks like good times

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I personally don't like the robotic arms. The Dentons have always been more nanites than overt mods. In fact pure nanite stuff was considered better back in the first Deus.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What he said.

What they said. I'm trying really hard to think of some other games I'm looking forward to. Force Unleashed II? Meh... Fallout:NV... mebbe. Can't think of anything else, really. :/

Agreed.

edit: only concerning Deus Ex 3

Edited by Syraxis

I personally don't like the robotic arms. The Dentons have always been more nanites than overt mods. In fact pure nanite stuff was considered better back in the first Deus.

The Dentons were new tech in the original. Herrman and Navarre were both mostly mech augs. This being a prequel, I'd expect the mech augs to be much more prevalent than nanite augs if they are even around yet. :thumbsup:

Ah, ok :p

Guess it makes sense then, but I still don't like how they look in the trailer... jsut feels... off

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 2 weeks later...
REVIVAL!

Shogun screens from E3!

http://kotaku.com/5563777/shogun-2-total-wars-e3-screenshots

the unit portraits done in the japanese style from ye olden days looks awesome!

You know what? Those screenshots are interesting.

Mmmh.. I'll search a bit of info about the first, it's been a lot of time since I've played my last strategy game. :grin:

Just a small reminder for myself.

Games I am currently looking forward to (that are actually being released soon):

2010-08-27: Mafia 2

2010-09-03: Dead Rising 2

2010-09-14: Two Worlds 2

2010-10-19: Fallout: New Vegas

Autumn 2010: Arcania

Sometime 2011 (?): Risen 2

I'm also hoping that Red Dead Redemption (likely) and Crackdown 2 (unlikely) will get PC versions.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!