HBO will proceed with GRRM's Ice & Fire Series

Guard Dog

HBO has given the greenlight to making an adaption of George RR Martins A Song of Ice & Fire. The pilot is already in the can and episode production begins this summer. No word on premier date but smart money says August-September time frame. If they di this as well as they did Rome I think we are in for a treat.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/...ame-of-thrones/

GRRM just posted it on his site http://grrm.livejournal.com/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Here is the cast w/photos: http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/10/game-of-thr...th-photos-.html

I do like the choice of Sean Bean for Eddard Stark.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Excitement is me. The casting is fantastic and GRRM has been gushing about the production so hopefully will turn out good. Being a very low magic world will help the budget stay on track. Only major effects work I can see needed will be the direwolves.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Never heard of this series but according to wikipedia it's a fantasy based series. Great stuff as long as it's done right. Just skimmed over the wikipedia article and noticed both an RTS and an RPG game are currently in development. Sounds like there's a few companies getting behind this series. Hope the TV series will be good.

Basically it's a series of books not unlike the Tolken genre. Darker, and with more adult themes, slow as molassas but first time through it'll DRAG you kicking and screaming from beginning to end. Problem is that George seems to write to much and thus a book he said would be out 2 years ago is on it's way AFTER having been cut in half (first half is already out) which led to a VERY disjointed narrative.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Welcome to 2007.

There are lots of steps in the process of developing a series. HBO did indeed acquire the rights back in '07, but that didn't necessarily mean that they were going to go through with filming and broadcasting it. The decision yesterday was the final "green light" for full production of the first season, so it qualifies a big news.

I literally can't BELIEVE that they didn't use Andy Hamilton as Tyrion.

In case yo don't know the dwarvish comedian Andy Hamilton then check minute 4 on this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HgK6nX7iA4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is the only reason I re-subscribed to HBO after 3 years. It had better be awesome. :D Sean Bean, Peter Dinklage...yeah baby.

Also, whoever this is, he has my attention. :thumbsup:

got-01.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have the first book and couldn't get into it the first time I tried. I guess this is an excuse to give it a second go.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have the first book and couldn't get into it the first time I tried. I guess this is an excuse to give it a second go.

The beginning is slow as hell and pretty confusing as well. It'll all pay off later, though...

Until you realize that Martin has been writing the 5th book(out of 7) for the past 6 years...

[not an actual spoiler]

Edited by Purkake

It looks like Nathon Fillion's younger clone.

What is it with guards in these shows? Those two look like they're falling asleep.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You try standing watch for hours on end in freezing cold while wearing a bunch of cold heavy metal on you.

I've done that. And I have to say, she wasn't worth it.

The beginning is slow as hell and pretty confusing as well. It'll all pay off later, though...

Until you realize that Martin has been writing the 5th book(out of 7) for the past 6 years...

[not an actual spoiler]

Its worse when you realize that book 5 is actually the 2nd half of book 4. So he's basically been writing book 4 for like 10 years. And he thinks fans are unreasonable when they tell him to get to work. I mean when his blog is nothing but "I'm going travelling, and when I get back I'm getting ready to go travelling so I can be back in time to go to this convention before I go travelling again and hopefully when my vacation starts I can get to work on that book thingy if football isn't on." Its understandable that fans are irate.

It looks like Nathon Fillion's younger clone.

He was the lead in the short lived supernatural cop drama New Amsterdam. Wasn't too shabby in it.

My concern is a lot of the costumes and props look pretty hokey. Hopefully looks better in the final version rather than production stills.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg