I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite thread on Obsidian

Pidesco

The M98 Widow sniper rifle. Should be called widowmaker. I always call it that myself.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

yeah, Liara's change was kind of dubious after just 2 years. That's a short amount of time to go through that change and make all those contatcs and somehow actually become a viable threat to both TIM and the SB. Just not buying it.

The less said about the Ashley debacle the better.

Garrus and Wrex make a lot of sense though consideirng their backgrounds, and what occured in ME1.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The romance effect will be interesting to see in ME3...

I mean, if you romanced Ashley (or Kaiden) in ME1.. and you go through the bizarre behaviour they give you on Horizon in ME2.. It certainly sounds like breakup material. Although, you do get an email later doing the whole "maybe I overreacted, I thought I lost you, I don't want to lose you again." But really, does a single email make up for that whole rant?

So if you then get into a romance with one of the ME2 team.. and you turn the picture of Ashley/Kaiden face down.. What sort of reactions are going to turn up in ME3..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

If you plan on using shotgun, shotgun, and more shotgun, go Vanguard, not Infiltrator. It seems rather illogical to say that using a shotty in the sniper class is a good idea, although I can see how the cloak would help there, unless I completely misinterpreted how it works.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

"So, what is, according to you, the point of picking an Infiltrator over another class?"

Nothing. Class is irrelevant in ME2. It all comes down to the same thing - play hide n seek with the enemy and shoot them to death with your gun. *shrug*

So basically you play the game on autopilot.

Well, seems to me that it's time for you to either try a harder difficulty where classes play differently (and they do), or stop being a petulant prick when others discuss tactics as those only pertain to higher difficulties -- since "it all comes down to the same thing", in whatever you're playing.

"ZOMG TEH GAEM IS SO EZ" - No **** Sherlock, you're on Casual!

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"So basically you play the game on autopilot."

Not my fault the game is dumbed down and opeople will defend its dumbdownedness. Your pathetic attempts over what dififuclty I'm on is sueless and don't impress me much. It pretty myuch shows how desperate you are to try to make people believe ME2 isn't dumbed down when it very much is so you gotta make lies about other people. *shrug*

P.S. It has nothing to do with how 'easy' or 'hard' the game, its dumbed down. Period.

Edited by Volourn

The M98 Widow sniper rifle. Should be called widowmaker. I always call it that myself.

So you're just making things up.

Where did "Widowmaker" come from anyway?

From the Collector ship special Shepard upgrade.

The only "maker" there is Shepard as the Rifle is only Widow.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Not my fault the game is dumbed down and opeople will defend its dumbdownedness. Your pathetic attempts over what dififuclty I'm on is sueless and don't impress me much. It pretty myuch shows how desperate you are to try to make people believe ME2 isn't dumbed down when it very much is so you gotta make lies about other people. *shrug*

P.S. It has nothing to do with how 'easy' or 'hard' the game, its dumbed down. Period.

Ahh... it all makes sense now. You are still butthurt over BIO's decision to turn the game into a cover-based shooter at which, obviously, you fail miserably. Hence your need to crank down difficulty to a point where you can play blindfolded. And then you come here to patronize about how this power and that tactic are superfluous.

Really man, boasting online about your exploits on a single player game is really retarded. But to do so while you play on the easy(est) setting, is too much, even for you.

"dumbdownedness", R00fles!

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I am starting a fan club for engineers Daniels and Donnelly. Best characters in the game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Ahh... it all makes sense now. You are still butthurt over BIO's decision to turn the game into a cover-based shooter at which, obviously, you fail miserably. Hence your need to crank down difficulty to a point where you can play blindfolded. And then you come here to patronize about how this power and that tactic are superfluous.

Really man, boasting online about your exploits on a single player game is really retarded. But to do so while you play on the easy(est) setting, is too much, even for you.

"dumbdownedness", R00fles!

You make it seem so easy, I'm envious.

(bashing Volo)

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

What schtick? Also it's not about the scottish accent.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

":You make it seem so easy, I'm envious.

(bashing Volo) "

It's easy to 'bash' when you lie which Numbers likes to do a lot. I guess it makes one feel better when they need to lie to 'prove' a point.

I guess he's still butthurt over everyone not like dumbed down easy combat ala ME2. *shrug*

There's only one way to handle ME2 combat: Hide in cover and shoot. That's it.

Star Trek...?

You must live in some bizarre universe where Star Trek is still relevant.

@Volo: You've just described every third person cover-based shooter's combat ever. Nothing inherently "easy" about it, ME2 just half-assed it.

@Will: It is and apparently Bioware agrees.

How to be a bad writer: have more homages than original work.

Edited by Purkake

"You've just described every third person cover-based shooter's combat ever. Nothing inherently "easy" about it, ME2 just half-assed it."

It's great then we are discussing ME2's dumbed down combat and not all shooters then right? Glad you agree with me!

How to be a bad writer: have more homages than original work.

I think Bio does this WAY too much, but I still like Donnelly and Daniels, since I really haven't seen Star Trek.

@Volo: Oh, I agree that ME2's combat could have been much better and that Bioware could take some hints from actual third person cover-based shooters like Uncharted 1/2 if they are going that route.

What I don't agree with is that ME1's combat was better.

@Will: Sure, nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Purkake

To each their own. However, ME1 gave you more useful combat options, the biotic power were actually of us, and it didn't always boil down to playing hide n seek. It's also not about dififculty. I don't think ME2 is all that 'easier' than ME1 overall. Afterall, if you leave cover for more thana few sec its insta death. the problem is that combat boils down to the same thing -fire a few shots then hide to regain health. In ME1, for examples, enemies could miss if you dodged. Shields were actually useful. Combat was also varied. Heck, vehicle combat was a big part of that. Who didn't enjoy running over enemies that would otherwise be tricky on foot? Seeing them fly was hella fun after you ran over them.

I loved to use biotics in ME1, but they are just garbage in ME2. Much more effective to shoot your enemies.

Don't get me wrong, ME2 has a few combat situations that are set up well and are fun; but those are few and far btween andare hurt by the absolute constant hide and seek. You want to know some of the best combat in ME2 was? Fighting the husks because it didn't requie you to always hide. You could shoot and run and even melee them as long as you don't get overwhelmed. THAT was cool.

Edited by Volourn

I loved to use biotics in ME1, but they are just garbage in ME2. Much more effective to shoot your enemies.

The decision to make cooldown time for all of your powers was just stupid. Add that to the stupidity that armor or sheilds stops biotics and you just have to shake your head. That why I use a mod the removes cooldown time.

What I don't agree with is that ME1's combat was better.

ME2 combat is better (AI, pacing etc) but ME did biotics better.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif