Mass Effect 2 Screenshots Thread

Bokishi

How are the loading times? Apparently if you have multiple cpus, it's pretty bad.

Please, not another memory leak... leave us derelict Phenom users alone!

EDIT: more FemShep pics, please.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Loading times are decent, not the best but I'm not complaining, they took out the lame elevator rides though which is good

On the bio forums, this supposedly fixes the issue.

For people that have gotten the PC version of Mass Effect 2, there is an unreal engine related problem (supposedly) that causes loading times to be several times longer than they should be. Using the elevator on the ship was such a chore until I found this fix. Unfortunately you have to do it each time you start the game, but it is simple.

Basically once you have started ME2, open up the task manager and set the CPU affinity for MassEffect2.exe to one CPU. Press OK to confirm the change, then immediately set the affinity back to both (or all) CPU's. This will result in a massive decrease in loading times.

I hope this issue is fixed soon.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

That's idiocy, you have to do that sort of thing for games like Thief, System Shock in other words for old stuff. To have to kill one of your CPU's to play the game as it should be played is aaaaarghh. Bioware needs to get a patch out asap.

Btw why are you playing as the default Sheppy?

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Nice. Will play as soon as I get home tomorrow.

I just use Default Shep too. I seem to have subconsciously matched the voice to the face when ME 1 promos were going on, so it felt weird with a different face to the same voice. I guess I have a horrid imagination.

Does it get bombed from Outer Space by the Collectors?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Joker looks like he has been working out. But doesn't he have some brittle bone disease? I didn't even know he could walk.

Looks like he still hasn't smiled though and never will since he "never smiled as a kid". Some of the goofiest dialogue right there.

Screenshots are looking good.