FO:NV: The Return of Gameplay Mechanics Discussion

Pidesco

Yao Gui - out of ****ing nowhere! In your face!

Deathclaw - out of ****ing nowhere! In your face!

Crabkingthing - out of ****ing nowhere! Shoots you in the face!

Edited by Oner

Or they could solve it by giving us a perk that ups the sneaking speed so you can run and sneak at the same time. When I was exploring the wasteland of Fallout 3 I was sneaking almost the entire time! It worked well (either by me surprising my enemies for an insta-kill or me just sneaking past stuff) but it took ages to get anywhere. And I'm one of (seemingly) few people who enjoy wandering across desolate landscapes..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And I'm one of (seemingly) few people who enjoy wandering across desolate landscapes..

Not alone. I enjoy it, as long as I feel there is worth to doing it. Which I didn't in Oblivion, but did in FO3.

Like you, I also wish the Fallout 3 map was much larger, while keeping the same number of locations, to increase that sense of empty space and desolation. I also wish there was a simple option to toggle map markers on and off, so I could turn them off and not always see those markers in my compass handily pointing the way to the next locatiom.

I would support some sort of drivable vehicle if the map was HUGE, but driveable vehicles wouln't work on a small mapo like that of the DC wasteland. It already feels small enough on foot.

I woudl alos like to see fast travel removed from the game.

So as you can see, I iver much do enjoy the exploration aspect of the game and would like to see a variety of changes that would heighten that aspect of the game. That is what the game does best.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Or they could solve it by giving us a perk that ups the sneaking speed so you can run and sneak at the same time.

Silent Running perk in FO3...

DAMNIT :sorcerer:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I haven't seen Josh around much lately. :sorcerer:

I know he was on vacation a few weeks ago. Is he back? Is he hard at work? Is he overhauling VATS and changing the repair system?

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I haven't seen Josh around much lately. :sorcerer:

I know he was on vacation a few weeks ago. Is he back? Is he hard at work? Is he overhauling VATS and changing the repair system?

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

He's posted some precisions about the Latin motto of the Alpha Protocol agency recently, so I think he's back.

Yay!

Grenade launcher from Terminator 2 in FO:NV please.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Lincoln's Repeater is definitely my favorite weapon in FO3. I love the low-tech aspect of it. I hope there is a lot more low-tech in FO:NV than there is high tech.

Power Armor, stealth armor, plasma rifles and stuff leave me fairly meh. Otoh, shotguns, six shooters and leather jackets are ftw.

edit: spelling

Edited by Slowtrain

Grenade launcher from Terminator 2 in FO:NV please.

Best T2 weapon is clearly the Winchester 1887.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/termina...ortyWin1887.jpg

Both would be very nice. :)

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah, Modern Warfare 2 agreed with you, because those were overpowered as my explosive ****s in the morning.

I've heard that. I also heard that you could dual-wield them. @___@

Winchester 1887s are stylistically cool but low-gauge lever-action shotguns aren't the greatest design in the world (evidenced by the almost complete lack of them after the 19th century -- save repros of the 1887).

FO3 had the sawed-off shotgun, it was okay. The only problem was that you only had two shots and the reload wasn't all that fast.

Speaking of shotguns, the Pancor Jackhammer will return...right?

Right?

I'd be happy if they just fixed the combat shotgun, ie:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/...MBATSHOTGUN.png

this isn't a combat shotgun

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/...mbatshotgun.gif

this is.

And it wouldn't hurt to give us a proper pump-action shotgun to fill the now vacant role of the fo3 combat shotgun.

Edited by Mikhailian

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes