Sega is coming up with concepts for Alpha Protocol 2?

While it's quite nice that they have such optimism within their game, I would strongly suggest when making a sequel to do it right.

As in, don't take away what people liked or what made it work, just add more on top of what people loved (not to mention, more difficulty but I think I have stressed this enough) and innovate along with that. This is where a lot of developers get this wrong and make something different not true to their fans of the previous game.

Actually, there has been few games where a decent/worthy sequel was made. I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS! LOOK AT THE BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY TO LEARN WHAT MAKES A GOOD SEQUEL GOD DAMN!

But yeah, just making sure you have the heads up if you're successful with AP and plan on doing a sequel, hopefully you'll be taking suggestions from fans on a sequel after the first game is released.

That certainly shows confidence in the game at least, which is what a lot of people (including myself) have been doubting a bit with the under-the-radar PR thus far. I hope OEI gets to do the sequel at any rate (if the first game is good at least, hehe) in that case.

Now, let's release the goddamn game please. :shifty:

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

That certainly shows confidence in the game at least, which is what a lot of people (including myself) have been doubting a bit with the under-the-radar PR thus far. I hope OEI gets to do the sequel at any rate (if the first game is good at least, hehe) in that case.

Now, let's release the goddamn game please. :shifty:

Sounds to me like they're preparing for every eventuality; they want to be in place to greenlight a sequel immediately if the game turns out to be a runaway success.

Or they're just really, really confident, which would be cooler.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

40,000 to almost none? They're already planning/thinking of making a sequel?

YES.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Strange its Sega doing the concepts instead of Obsidian. Does that mean AP2 may be developed by Sega in-house instead?

Well, (most of the) original AP team has moved on to other projects. We know there's at least two games being done by Obs, the unannounced project being led by Feargus and Fallout: New Vegas. That would leave some people to work on 3rd project, which might or might not be AP2.

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

I was waiting and here it is : Mike Thorton's twit about this news :

Although I hope they don't turn the 2nd branch into internal affairs for the 1st branch, might make for a nasty intelligence civil war.

I don't quite understand it though...

Well, this is good news.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

This obviously means Aliens is going to be released.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

if they're so confident maybe they could start advertising the game properly

And get steamrolled by ME2? Let's wait until we get that release date and a month prior to it. :aiee:

I think people are going ahead of themselves when they say that Alpha Protocol 2 is already "in the work". The only thing Constantine said is that while they played and tested Alpha Protocol, they removed a lot of things, some of them were really stupids, and some of them they thought they should keep it and just put more thoughts into it, in order to make it works for a sequel or another game. I don't see it as proof that another game is already in the work. Can Obsidian even manages to launch another full-scale project with New Vegas and their secret project in the work?

I think people are going ahead of themselves when they say that Alpha Protocol 2 is already "in the work". The only thing Constantine said is that while they played and tested Alpha Protocol, they removed a lot of things, some of them were really stupids, and some of them they thought they should keep it and just put more thoughts into it, in order to make it works for a sequel or another game. I don't see it as proof that another game is already in the work. Can Obsidian even manages to launch another full-scale project with New Vegas and their secret project in the work?
"I’ve got some folks playing it [ed: Alpha Protocol] right now internally, and, you know, basically coming up with some concepts for, eventually, AP2."

That seems pretty straightforward to me.

Anyway, does Sega of America even have internal game development staff? Thing about AP is that it's obviously got a voice and a design philosophy that's hard to imitate. Who else would they hand this off to? Maybe the system of "developer comes up with pitch, sells to publisher" isn't always how it works out. Obsidz would be under contract to put their own spin on Sega's ideas.

Or maybe the guy just didn't choose his words carefully.

Edited by Pop

Sega has its own in-house development team. Remember the Iron Man and Golden Axe: Beast Rider games?

It could be an 'Alan Smithee' thing - the people responsible for those games were too ashamed to have their team connected with them :blink: