AvP banned in Australia because the developer refuses to censor it

Humodour

Here are the first 10 min from the Predator campaign:

I like how there are predefined jumping points across the map. It's like you play it the way the designer meant it to be.

For some reason I don't seem to like anything in these videos. Even the VO of the soldiers annoyed me :sorcerer:

Well, the game would be too easy if you kill everyone with a single punch.

That reminds me that a barely used the wristblades in the predecessors. There were also more weapons in AvP2. A rifle, a spear, the disc. Lot's more ways to kill.

Speargun! Severed but intact alien limbs across the map like breadcrumbs.

I like how there are predefined jumping points across the map. It's like you play it the way the designer meant it to be.

What predefined jumping points? Looks to me like the player is simply aiming where he wants to jump and a 'jump target' appears when he holds a button (left trigger I think).

What predefined jumping points? Looks to me like the player is simply aiming where he wants to jump and a 'jump target' appears when he holds a button (left trigger I think).

It didn't seem there was much of a choice where you can place your marker to. Why not just doing it the good old fashioned way and jump to whereever you see fit.

Edited by Morgoth

It didn't seem there was much of a choice where you can place your marker to. Why not just doing it the good old fashioned way and jump to whereever you see fit.

Yeah, there's a tooltip about "highlighting jump markers"; tree-hopping has been seemingly made semi-automatic, but you can still teleport-jump around freely with the marker being just for reference. Yeah, I guess people are too busy nowadays to learn the intricacies of action games, such as jumping. And obviously the frustration of missing a jump and falling to death is too much to handle for gamers today!

Heeell-ooo, another perfectly good shooter bastardized to appeal to the control-impaired Halo crowd.

And the huge ass wristblades look retarded as ****. Nice touch that they seem to have made them both bigger and less effective.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Nothing wrong with the wristblades. But I still get the feeling the Predator is too overpowered.

And that is the way it should be!!!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Two highly anticipated titles from SEGA, Aliens vs. Predator and Napoleon: Total War will ship with Steamworks support at retail and online, including among other features, Achievements, Matchmaking, Leaderboards, Stats, and Cloud. Aliens vs. Predator will ship on Steam and at retail in mid-February. Napoleon: Total War will ship on Steam and at retail in late February.

So that means you will require Steam to play AvP. I wonder if Sega will do the same with AP.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Why. Can't. People. Have. A. ****ing. Name?

WHY? If the poor sod get's addressed all the time as Rookie, he might as well be John. What the **** is the problem with having a name? What's the ****ing point?

My avatar having so little personality that his parents didn't even bother giving him a name won't ****ing make me identify with him.

Or does this represent that either the devs or the teammates are too ****ing retarded to remember "my" name?

RRRREEEAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHGGGHHHNNNN!!

Why. Can't. People. Have. A. ****ing. Name?

WHY? If the poor sod get's addressed all the time as Rookie, he might as well be John. What the **** is the problem with having a name? What's the ****ing point?

My avatar having so little personality that his parents didn't even bother giving him a name won't ****ing make me identify with him.

Or does this represent that either the devs or the teammates are too ****ing retarded to remember "my" name?

RRRREEEAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHGGGHHHNNNN!!

Dwarf_rages.gif

:lol:

More like

RageGuy.jpg

Also, this game is worse with every video.

Instead of Frosty we get this nodding moron and a tsundere Vasquez. *sniff* I want my Alpha Protocol! *curls up in fetal position and cries*

I got my kicks from the marine campaign in AvP2. The sound of motion detector + dark corridors + friggin aliens = win!

I still remember fondly the cold sweat it managed to cause.

Who want's to play as marines anyway. The whole point of AvP is to play as aliens.
Aliens, as in RTS? :lol:

Also, the alien doesn't need a personality. The marine does.

You're alone in a hive son, act like it!

Edited by Oner

Well yes, playing as the marine was intense, I just don't recall Frosty as having much of a personality at all.
He was usually in deep ****. Not the most conducive environment for development of his startling personality, and xenomorphs aren't exactly famous for their conversational skills.

I liked him, though. Or at least the way he was integrated into the story to make him look like the guy with the worst luck in the whole USMC. I remember that one time he tries to hit on Dunya... ;(

As for the marine in this game... they are probably just continuing with the formula from the original AvP, where you're constantly referred to as "private". That game had NO story whatsoever, though, so I'm not expecting much from this one's plot.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Two highly anticipated titles from SEGA, Aliens vs. Predator and Napoleon: Total War will ship with Steamworks support at retail and online, including among other features, Achievements, Matchmaking, Leaderboards, Stats, and Cloud. Aliens vs. Predator will ship on Steam and at retail in mid-February. Napoleon: Total War will ship on Steam and at retail in late February.

So that means you will require Steam to play AvP. I wonder if Sega will do the same with AP.

What a dissapointment :lol:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Well yes, playing as the marine was intense, I just don't recall Frosty as having much of a personality at all.
He could talk and make stubborn decisions, which is more than a lot of FPSs can manage.

Looks like it's being played with a controller in the demo. I wonder if it's one of those games like Deadspace who consider mouse users as an afterthought. I can't play a shooter if it's still got auto aiming, 'snap to' functions or periphiral pointer slowdowns around the target.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Looks like it's being played with a controller in the demo. I wonder if it's one of those games like Deadspace who consider mouse users as an afterthought. I can't play a shooter if it's still got auto aiming, 'snap to' functions or periphiral pointer slowdowns around the target.

Agreed. Uhg to that!