AvP banned in Australia because the developer refuses to censor it

Humodour

Because it is done by Rebellion who has very little experience with multiplayer games and because it is primarily a console game. This means that the PC version needs a completely separate multiplayer architecture, which will probably be buggy.

Seriously, look at Rebellion's previous games.

Edited by Purkake

holy crap, these guys made rogue warrior???

why on gods earth is anyone even paying attention to this company anymore? the day that game came out every single preview article re AvP should have been cancelled and all people involved should stop caring what happens here.

move along. nothing to see.

garbage incoming.

(unless rebellion is large enough to have multiple dev groups, and the "good" one is working on AvP...)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It is important to note that Rogue Warrior was done by a different studio within Rebellion, the former Core of Tomb Raider group. Those working on this new AvP are the ones who did the awesome AvP 1 on PC.

Bah, that youtube video was taken down by Sega. Oh well... better not to spoil it.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Bah, that youtube video was taken down by Sega. Oh well... better not to spoil it.

You didn't miss anything important. It had just a tutorial for people who haven't played a FPS ever before and then the player just wandered around dark corridors for a while. Some pointers I picked up:

-Flashlight doesn't have laughable short battery life anymore, you can keep it on all the time. The light it produces is small though.

-Motion detector looks great. The closer the contact, the higher pitched the ping sound.

-Infinite amount of flares?

Still, something was little off with the game in my opinion. Consolified? Well it was played on 360 but still.. I started to worry a little.

Here are the first 10 min from the Predator campaign:

I like how there are predefined jumping points across the map. It's like you play it the way the designer meant it to be.

I take it you haven't played any multiplatform shooters in the last ~5 years?

It's either super sandbox or a train ride.

Here are the first 10 min from the Predator campaign:

I like how there are predefined jumping points across the map. It's like you play it the way the designer meant it to be.

I take it you haven't played any multiplatform shooters in the last ~5 years?

It's either super sandbox or a train ride.

Sure I have. But having an obtrusive marker that tells you where you can jump to is a new low in multiplatform gaming.

Edited by Morgoth

I agree, I'm just pointing out that we've been going down that road for a while now.

Also, it's not universally bad, Half-Life 2 and the episodes have a very linear level design as well, but they use more subtle clues to direct the player. The commentary mode really gives some great insight to their level design process.

Not really, the vision switching in multiplayer was what kept the balance. Of course the Predator has an unfair advantage in one on one matches especially against the alien, if he doesnt have to juggle his vision modes.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Nothing wrong with the wristblades.
Too weak if you ask me. Well, at least this time it has some range.

AvP 2 balance stemmed from the fact that everyone died very easily.

Edited by Oner