Dragon age: gayness

Walsingham

seems like a waste o' resources to add gay
From a cost analysis I don't think it would be too much.
I remember reading that the gay segment of the population has an insane purchasing power. The lack of a gay romance may or may not be a turnoff for (gay) customers, but it looks like Bio chose not to risk it. A sensible decision if the popularity of regular romances is anything to go by.

Ethics? Equality? Artistic statements? More like market forces...

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"I remember reading that the gay segment of the population has an insane purchasing power."

unless every gay player is buying 10 copies, the numbers simply won't add up.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

What numbers have to add up? Alanschu said the characters were bisexual so the cost of including a gay romance can't have been that much, appealing to more people without a significant extra effort.

It's not purchasing 10 copies, either, but DA on top of other stuff. But apparently BIO decided to cut the gay romance from ME2, so then again, maybe not.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I wonder if the gay romance for Mass Effect was stripped due to the style and story of the game. While I'd still consider it a roleplaying game, the narrative is less flexible than other RPGs I have played, so I found there to be a bit more "hand holding."

Edited by alanschu

I just bought Dragon Age, but i wonder if i will ever bother to persue the gay romance. Or any romance for that matter.

Most likely i will just stumble upon it when i am not paying attention too much to the dialogue.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just bought Dragon Age, but i wonder if i will ever bother to persue the gay romance. Or any romance for that matter.

Most likely i will just stumble upon it when i am not paying attention too much to the dialogue.

Claudia Black.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

uh?

Nevermind, i checked her on imdb.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I hope that it isn't as awkward as this:

egad2.jpg

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I must admit that I too was both :shifty: and :wacko: to see the word 'secret'. ONly to those who haven't played the game, I'd guess.

On the Bioware forums, we have discussed this in length in several romance threads, both on the old forums and now at the bioware social site.

Anwyho, as the video clearly explains, you will only get to see this, if you make the correct choices in the dialogue.

Edited by aries101

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

What numbers have to add up? Alanschu said the characters were bisexual so the cost of including a gay romance can't have been that much, appealing to more people without a significant extra effort.

It's not purchasing 10 copies, either, but DA on top of other stuff. But apparently BIO decided to cut the gay romance from ME2, so then again, maybe not.

is you channeling vol? is you who mentioned insane purchase power of the gay gamer. if gay not take anything additional to add, then that is useful to know. regardless, the purchase power o' the gay gamer is limited by their relative small numbers. cost v. benefit is indeed affected by zots it takes to implement, but the purchase power o' gay gamers, as a group, is limited by their small numbers. is no insane purchase power from a publisher's pov.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

egad2.jpg

ROFLCOPTER

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

DA is a dark and mature RPG. :grin:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I was gonna make love to you,

But then I got high

(I'm serious)

I was gonna eat your ***** too,

But then I got high

Now i'm ja***** off and I know why,

(Turn this **** off)

'Cuz I got high,

Because I got high,

Because I got high

"I remember reading that the gay segment of the population has an insane purchasing power."

Wut?

Numbers, please. I seriously doubt the gay segment has 'insane' purchasing power. Definitely no more than most other minorities.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

is you channeling vol? is you who mentioned insane purchase power of the gay gamer. if gay not take anything additional to add, then that is useful to know. regardless, the purchase power o' the gay gamer is limited by their relative small numbers. cost v. benefit is indeed affected by zots it takes to implement, but the purchase power o' gay gamers, as a group, is limited by their small numbers. is no insane purchase power from a publisher's pov.

HA! Good Fun!

is you making an effort to be an ass everytime you posts? we are guessing you is.

Aw, jeez. For you and Google-impaired vol:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gay+purchasing+power

edit: this gromnirspeak thing is tricky!

Edited by 213374U

egad2.jpg

That is so wrong. :ermm:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Perhaps if she took her bra off, he wouldn't have such a serious look on his face.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: