Have you seen New Moon?

Blank

Have you seen New Moon?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one.

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Huh? Must be a Yank thing.

Also this is a good article about why the hell this **** exists. So's this review.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Maybe it's all the

that are turning people off?

2jaex5v.gif

Twilight star Robert Pattinson says he worries about being infected with HIV when adoring fans approach him with open wounds and ask him to suck their blood.

Pattinson, who plays vampire Edward Cullen in the series, has revealed he genuinely fears for his life when fans mob him in the street.

The 23-year-old actor laid out his concerns to promote a new biography ahead of the next Twilight film, New Moon, which premieres this week.

"People ask me to bite them and want to touch my hair," Pattinson told the News Of The World.

"I just don't want someone to have a needle and give me HIV and I don't want to get shot or stabbed."

Pattinson recalled one time where a group of girls approached him bleeding from scratches they had just opened up on their necks.

"They were like, 'We did this for you' … I didn't know what to say — 'Thank you, guys?'"

Edited by Purkake

Yeah I edited in his review after. ;)

And yes, Pattinson hates the Twilight series with a passion. He hates his character, he hates the books and he hates the fans.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

This is a good observation. I'd like to hear any guesses about why Twilight nails its target audience, and who that target audience is.

Can't speak to the book, as I haven't read it. But the movie is obviously aimed to appeal to youthful ladies who dream of ultimate romance. Or something. Themes:growing up, teen rebellion/maturing, sacrificing everything for love. Typical romance formula, with a bit of Romeo & Juliet feeling conflicts perhaps.

Seriously...Twiglight (at least the first film) isn't a vampire movie. It's a youth romance movie that happens to have vampires (and werewolves) in it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm all for more franchises that are marketed to women, variety and equality right there, as long as they are good.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

blade0.jpg

So apparently New Moon broke a lot of Dark Knight's records.

This annoys me, because it's like 90% female driven. This means studios will be looking at more franchises to market entirely to women, and less for my beautiful explody blockbusters.

Michael Bay vs Twilight: Whoever wins, we lose.

Edited by Purkake

I suppose this is the point where I confess ignorance and have to do a google search on "Twilight" and "New Moon"... never heard of them before :unsure:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I suppose this is the point where I confess ignorance and have to do a google search on "Twilight" and "New Moon"... never heard of them before :unsure:

Nooo Gorth don't! It's too late for the rest of us... we've already heard of it. Save yourself! Just walk away Gorth.... just walk away...

:lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Women's Hour on the BBC - yes there is such a thing - was going all gooey about it on Saturday. I refuse to have anything to do with it as a consequence.

They've emasculated all the vamps, anyway, by the sound of things.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Vampires should not sparkle. They aren't cool looking guys with emo haircuts. They are monsters. Blood drinking, cannibalistic, monsters that want to enslave the human cattle. They should never be the "good" guys.

Stake them. Burn them. Rip their heads off with a chainsaw.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Saw about 10 minutes of the first one by chance, and from all I can gather it's irredeemably crap. However, the older I get, the more it seems that very few crap things in the world are crap to everyone, so what do I know? :lol:

I suppose this is the point where I confess ignorance and have to do a google search on "Twilight" and "New Moon"... never heard of them before :wacko:

No... Don't... Preserve your soul...

A couple of people tried to talk me into seeing it. I ran away screaming a prayer to Miyamoto for protection. :huh:

Edit: After that I broke into a rousing rendition of the

. :lol: Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Vampires should not sparkle. They aren't cool looking guys with emo haircuts. They are monsters. Blood drinking, cannibalistic, monsters that want to enslave the human cattle. They should never be the "good" guys.

Stake them. Burn them. Rip their heads off with a chainsaw.

Thats actually a very modern take on vampires (both your view of them and twilights). Pre-victorian era they were VERY differently seen by the various cultures then we view them today.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Why shouldn't vamps be good guys? It's a curse. Either you embrace it or try to get rid of it. Or embrace it and still hate what you became.

Slightly related: I remember in the Bram Stoker book how Van Helsing pitied Lucy(?), because the curse turned her into an evil vampire. He didn't really care for Dracula who suffered from the same thing. Innocent girls are cursed to be evil, grown men choose to, nice one*.

*I've yet to finish the book, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

img
blade-blade-twilight-demotivational-poster-1248499527.jpg

Damn straight.

I have numerous of times ranted and raved on this forum on how bad Twilight was, and after watching Spooney's review, i feel no need to watch the new one in the near future. Except maybe when high on acid or weed.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy