Just finished MOTB

ramza

I prefer KotOR II's ending over I's.

Kotor I was interesting in that the "Dark Side" ending was very much more cinematic, star wars feel to it then the "Light Side" ...

Maybe it was just me, but the "Light Side" win just felt.. sort of anti-climatic.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

NOthing outranks the anti-climactic nature of the ending of Fallout 3.

Especially if you have a radiation-proof assistant.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Story & characters aside, MOTB's combat is disappointing. Just letting Gann & Kaelyn spam high level druid/cleric spells is enough to easily win every fight. Or just putting Okku in front and have a Kit-Kat. I only lost a fight when I entered the Vault of Myrkul too early & unprepared.

SoZ's combat required some tactics here and there, and like in BG if you entered some areas too early you'd get clobbered. Especially the end fight required some good tactics in order to win.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I have started playing SoZ and am already in the middle of Act I. The game is really inferior to MotB, and even the OC. I know it's not about the story or the dialogue, but more about the exploration and the micro-economical management, but I feel I already feel I am not going to like this expansion.

I like the fact that you can change party members during dialogue so as to make the most of each skill, but I really dislike the overland map. It reminds me too much of Final Fantasy and I prefer the old-school exploration system.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I preferred everything in KotOR 2 over 1.

More feats and force powers, more ways to approach situations, much better choices an consequences, better writing, better characters (HK factory is just an awesome moment), etc... Also KotOR 1 is surprisingly a terrible PC port and has crashed three times as much as KotOR 2 so far, and I'm not even halfway through the game.

The problem is KotOR 2 is only really great if you have the restored content, which I tried and it frankly adds a lot to the ending.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

More feats and force powers, more ways to approach situations, much better choices an consequences, better writing, better characters (HK factory is just an awesome moment), etc... Also KotOR 1 is surprisingly a terrible PC port and has crashed three times as much as KotOR 2 so far, and I'm not even halfway through the game.

The problem is KotOR 2 is only really great if you have the restored content, which I tried and it frankly adds a lot to the ending.

The HK Factory? I didn't think the sith lords restoration project had wrapped up and released that stuff yet.. or did you get access to it via some place else? I wasn't sure on who else was trying to restore the content that hadn't been technically finished...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And no rak'ghouls. /facepalm

Do you have an ASUS card? They didn't make the game compatible with it's drivers or something and that caused crashes.

Edited by Oner

I have started playing SoZ and am already in the middle of Act I. The game is really inferior to MotB, and even the OC. I know it's not about the story or the dialogue, but more about the exploration and the micro-economical management, but I feel I already feel I am not going to like this expansion.

I like the fact that you can change party members during dialogue so as to make the most of each skill, but I really dislike the overland map. It reminds me too much of Final Fantasy and I prefer the old-school exploration system.

I think it's only reallly showing its stuff if you multi=player it. Bickering on teamspeak [a separate voice sharing program] adds even more fun. It's almost like tabletopping.

Of course, we had 'yackety sax' going in the fight scenes.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And no rak'ghouls. /facepalm

Do you have an ASUS card? They didn't make the game compatible with it's drivers or something and that caused crashes.

EVGA GTX260. In any case, if it wasn't for the crashes, the UI still sucks compared to K2's. Also it doesn't support widescreen at all since the UI doesn't scale and overall it just feels like a bad Xbox port while K2 feels like a bad PC port on the Xbox.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

KOTOR runs worse than KOTOR 2 on Vista for me. It tends to crash every five minutes sometimes. On XP, though, it's a no-brainer.

The HK factory in the restored content has great dialogue, but the gameplay itself is horrible there. Shooting thousands of HK-50s in RTwP. Yey.

Edited by virumor

Get a good droid killing blaster or rifle and it becomes a lot less frustrating. Heck, I kept getting 130 damage shots, it was awesome.

Now if only the enemies weren't so ridiculously long to kill...

MotB is more mediocre than the OC. The story is written well, but promises a lot more than it delivers. The plot is basically just advancing through portals,

the whole thing could be short circuited if Safia's mother just thought to pass along the sword of the Gith to you, and then you asked Kalemvore nicely for your soul back

The quests are uninteresting and mostly filler, there are tons of boring filler combat, there are a couple of good dialogs and that's about it. I realize I'm being a little unfair since I only played the good path, while it appears the evil one was a lot better.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I play extremely slow, so any kind of a timer is a big problem for me. I actually had the Spirit Meter disabled most of the time.

Use the handy pause function or disable it this time around as well?

MOTB > SOZ

That's like saying that eating a cake is better than eating mud. Try harder ;(

Edited by Purkake

"You fiend!"

Strangely enough, I didn't mind the constant need to soul-sucking in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. But that's because it was never a problem with the constant barrage of enemies thrown at you. In MOTB there are large areas without any soul available... and if you've gone chaotic evil and been sucking every available spirit in the game, increasing your hunger to the max, it means you're pretty much screwed until the next [Devour Spirit] dialogue option.

Of course, it hardly matters since your henchmen can solo the game anyway.

Edited by virumor