Dragon Age

Gorth

I don't think BioWare's artist are bad; I think that no video game female is going to look as attractive as a hot woman. If we're just talking a still, computer generated image, it could be done, but nothing that's actually going to move around the screen will rate.

I think it depends on how normal the watcher tastes are.

Edit: I

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

So where's this video about the

party members turning on you

once you find

the Urn of Sacred Ashes

? I'm eager to see this Biocomedy in action.

No need to spoiler tag it, everyone knows. You can watch it here.

Excellent.

Something, something, something DARKSIDE, something, something, something COMPLETE.

manthing2.jpg

^ "You fiend!"

Cool, it looks like you get to steal some artefact level l00t and slay some of the most apparently annoying and poorly-written NPCs in gaming history at the same time.

That's almost as awesome as strangling a bear while eating ice cream.

We're still way off to actually get characters done right. Once processing power is so good that we can render all these small details with animations that makes out a characters personality, well, until then it's still quite a while.

Edit: Something like that for starters would be neat.

cryengine3_2.jpg

Edited by Morgoth

^ "You fiend!"

Cool, it looks like you get to steal some artefact level l00t and slay some of the most apparently annoying and poorly-written NPCs in gaming history at the same time.

That's almost as awesome as strangling a bear while eating ice cream.

[anchorman]"We bears are a proud race..."[/anchorman]

Imoen chick, for me, is the NPC equivalent of someone running their nails down a chalkboard.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Don't they usually throw in things like a cd with the games ost on it, and the "concept sketch" artbook and the like?

Haven't looked up the Dragonage collectors yet.. but that's usually what Bioware do with their crpg collector's editions..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Don't they usually throw in things like a cd with the games ost on it, and the "concept sketch" artbook and the like?

Haven't looked up the Dragonage collectors yet.. but that's usually what Bioware do with their crpg collector's editions..

It's the digital deluxe edition. You do get the soundtrack AFAIK.

I'm just a sucker for a tin collector's carton, plus I've been promised a tiny burlap pouch containing clippings from Dave Gaider's beard, a bit like a holy relic of yore. If you sprinkle the beard clippings over your keyboard whilst playing Dragon Age: Origins it gets EVEN DARKER AND MORE FANTASYIER than ever.

You don't get that with your vanilla edition of the game, nor the console version.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

It's the digital deluxe edition. You do get the soundtrack AFAIK.

Yeah, just checked it up.. technically it's only

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm just a sucker for a tin collector's carton, plus I've been promised a tiny burlap pouch containing clippings from Dave Gaider's beard, a bit like a holy relic of yore. If you sprinkle the beard clippings over your keyboard whilst playing Dragon Age: Origins it gets EVEN DARKER AND MORE FANTASYIER than ever.

You don't get that with your vanilla edition of the game, nor the console version.

Cheers

MC

Okay. I can accept that.

Americans get a steel case for the Collector's Edition. Why so cheap UK? The war is over! You can stop the metal rationings.

I don't think BioWare's artist are bad; I think that no video game female is going to look as attractive as a hot woman. If we're just talking a still, computer generated image, it could be done, but nothing that's actually going to move around the screen will rate.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.