Nullus can insisto?

It looks like it was an automagic English -> Latin translation of "where none can follow." From using InterTran it results in "qua nullus can insisto."

http://latinforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=38032 *conspiracy theories anyone?* :p

Nice find. :lol::ermm:

Kudos to LostStraw. Should get a cameo in the game... maybe future dlc?

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I'm now vaguely embarrassed, as it seems likely potere came from me. It's modern Italian, and is only occasionally used in dog Latin.

Possum/ posse is correct. I suspect something like "qua nemo insisto posse" is what is being looked for. I haven't done latin for ten years and it's near 1 am, so take with salt.

I'm now vaguely embarrassed, as it seems likely potere came from me. It's modern Italian, and is only occasionally used in dog Latin.

Possum/ posse is correct. I suspect something like "qua nemo insisto posse" is what is being looked for. I haven't done latin for ten years and it's near 1 am, so take with salt.

Possum is irregular. I think it should be "Qua nullus sequi potest".

nullus = masc. nom. sing.

potest = 3rd person sing. pres. indicative

sequi = (complimentary) pres. infinitive

But I'm following up with a friend who has an MA in Latin. :(

Romani Ite Domum...

Romani Ite Domum...

Romani Ite Domum...

Romani Ite Domum...

Romani Ite Domum...

Romani Ite Domum...

Romani Ite Domum...

Romani Ite Domum...

Romani Ite Domum...

Romani Ite Domum...

Romani Ite Domum...

Romani Ite Domum...

:(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It looks like it was an automagic English -> Latin translation of "where none can follow." From using InterTran it results in "qua nullus can insisto."

http://latinforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=38032 *conspiracy theories anyone?* :sorcerer:

Sprung, Rorie! :D

You damn internet detectives!

Matthew Rorie

Possum is irregular. I think it should be "Qua nullus sequi potest".

nullus = masc. nom. sing.

potest = 3rd person sing. pres. indicative

sequi = (complimentary) pres. infinitive

But I'm following up with a friend who has an MA in Latin. :sorcerer:

If you want to use insisto, insistere, it would be "Qua nemo insistere potest." Literally "Where no one can follow." You could also say "Qua nulli insistere possunt" if you want it to be "where none can follow"

If you want to say "where none may follow," use the impersonal verb licet and the put "nemo" or "nullus" into the dative case.

You can always toy around with it to get something that sounds nicer. Latin is a very flexible language.

Edit: I'd only really use "nullus" if you wanted plural (none). If you're going with singular (no one), use nemo.

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I think "We're On It!" would be a perfect motto for an intelligence agency.

"How is that search for the terrorist going?!"

CIA: We're on it!

"Have you cracked into that computer network yet?!"

CIA: We're on it!

"Mike, have you slept with that female informant yet?!"

Mike: I'm.... yeah, you get it.

Opinions are the root of all evil.