What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Movies/cartoons/animes dubbed by a Berliner studio (don't remember the exact name, it had Berlin in it unsurprisingly) always sounded cool to me.

(Why is that Raumsboot instead of Raumschiff?)

Ive seen Beck the police thingie in its german-dubbed glory and its completely ridicilous.

(because you would say boat instead of ship because you're weird)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Dial up...

The download manager would help there as you can pause and resume downloads from GoG when using it. :)

EDIT: It's only about half a gig, not too bad. ;)

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

HOT DIGGITY DAFFODIL!

That's very, very small compared to most downloaded games nowadays. Or was that a good thing that you just said? I'm sort of having trouble with the translation even though English is my native tongue. ;)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

You can't expect me to remember every single secondary character in DX. o:)

Yes. In fact, you really should remember everything about the game, otherwise your PC veteran club membership will be revoked and you will become one of the dirty console peasants.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

There's no issues with the 1.13 mod on the Steam version.

It costs twice as much though and has DRM so, yeah, I would still recommend the GoG version... o:)

The GoG version doesn't come with Unfinished Business though. (Though I have heard it's not really worth it, that's beside the point).

Given the accusation that the Steam version won't allow mods, it doesn't matter.

It was an issue in the past (same with paradox games) but from what I can tell, they have worked on that.

Edited by alanschu

There's no issues with the 1.13 mod on the Steam version.

It costs twice as much though and has DRM so, yeah, I would still recommend the GoG version... :(

The GoG version doesn't come with Unfinished Business though.

It's only $4.99 on GoG so that still works out to $5.00 off the Steam price although, yeah, it's not really worth getting unless you really, really want more JA2. As for the modding, I did not mention that the Steam version did not work with 1.13 -it, as you said, does I believe- but I do know that some Steam games do not like it unless you turn the "auto-patch" feature off. o:)

-Hurlshot

(Though I have heard it's not really worth it, that's beside the point).

Nope. Total crap. ANd yes, beside the point. True. lol.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Got to Paris in Deus Ex. Heck, I even met Morpheus and that might just be the most interesting conversation I've had so far.

Isn't Morpheus the Greek Minor god of dreams?

No, he's the black guy in the Matrix movies.

:lol:>_<:brows::lol: :lol:

You can't expect me to remember every single secondary character in DX. :(

Yes. In fact, you really should remember everything about the game, otherwise your PC veteran club membership will be revoked and you will become one of the dirty console peasants.

HEY! Consoles son't make people peasants! Games started on consoles, remember?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

HEY! Consoles son't make people peasants! Games started on consoles, remember?

No, they didn't. :lol:

Anyhow, if DX is the barometer by which PC gamers are measured, how many points do I lose for getting bored early on in the Paris hub and quitting? Playing stealthily at that point basically devolved into a game of resource management w/r/t your charge and augmentations, which I didn't find to be much fun.

I've played out my Civ IV game to the point where I generally start losing interest. I started over on Monarch difficulty (even rusty as I was, I was leaping to large leads in Prince games), and played a game as Hannibal into the Renaissance period. Conquered Persia in the Medieval period, won the Liberalism race, and am currently second in score to Charlemagne, who is immediately to my north and busy pounding his other neighbors (Babylon and the Netherlands) into becoming vassals. I'll have to take him on if I'm to win, and I don't really have the patience to manage an industrial-period war.

Not sure what I'll be playing next. Maybe I'll hop back into Bloodlines again-- I haven't made any progress there since the last time I posted on it in this thread. As I recall, I was just about to go meet "Mandarin" to rescue the missing nosferatu.

In case you weren't paying attention, the core message of this post is that I generally feel no motivation to finish games, and tend to quit when the gameplay gets tedious, unless there are character/plot/story mysteries of sufficient interest to keep me going.

I was looking at the Lucasarts package on Steam, with the Indy games, Dig, and Loom. They look like they've been re-done graphically! I might have to pick them up, you get all 4 for $10.

I was also looking at the Jedi package. I only played Dark Forces. I was thinking of grabbing Jedi Knight and the rest, but some of the games look very dated. I'm not sure which ones are really worth it. I can put up with lousy graphics in adventure and RPG games, but I need more from shooters.

I was looking at the Lucasarts package on Steam, with the Indy games, Dig, and Loom. They look like they've been re-done graphically!

No, they just added a filter that smooths the graphics a little. I wish they would have released the games with ScummVM, with that there wouldn't be any problems with different OS's and the games would look a lot better. Hopefully ScummVM will add support for these steam versions at some point.

I was looking at the Lucasarts package on Steam, with the Indy games, Dig, and Loom. They look like they've been re-done graphically! I might have to pick them up, you get all 4 for $10.

I was also looking at the Jedi package. I only played Dark Forces. I was thinking of grabbing Jedi Knight and the rest, but some of the games look very dated. I'm not sure which ones are really worth it. I can put up with lousy graphics in adventure and RPG games, but I need more from shooters.

I never played any of the others, but Loom looks about the same as I remember it.

As for the Jedi package, be warned that not all of those games will work properly on modern hardware. Dark Forces works well as it's apparently using DOSBox. The most recent game also works, but the rest of them have issues ranging from no music (the game still looks for the music on the CD, which you won't have) to outright crashing. I wish I could find the article I read that explained things in better detail.

Edited by Deraldin