What is the best multi-player game ever

Monte Carlo

Homeworld: Cataclysm

I'd play multiplayer matches that involved stealth, deception, dirty tricks, brute force beat downs, baiting, interstellar mortar fire (ala the siege cannon :)), unit formations that actually affect outcome, and incredibly well suited music built in.

Matches might be quick or span four hours (during which I might have an armada, or a half naked burning command ship hobbling away towards a worm hole for dear life).

Giants: Citizen Kabuto

Can there be a more unique multiplayer game?

Mercenaries in Power Armor vs. a nearly naked sword wielding aquatic spell caster, vs a 65' tall egg laying male behemoth with little aliens impaled on his horns for snacks...

... Oh right... Sacrifice

Sacrifice is also a pretty amazing RTS, where you play a summoner mage that serves as both General and base camp. He runs around the map (trying not to get killed), followed by dancing mana-hores,and what ever creatures he's called up from the deep and given souls. (Unfortunately I can't vouch for MP experience due to not finding anyone to play)

Myth 2:

Myth 2 has been mentioned earlier, and should always be assumed to win hands down in my book :bat:

These are my four favorite RTS

(though the one I play most is C&C Zero Hour which I like, and my friends actually have. rofl.gif)

*technically five, because I love Homeworld multiplayer as well as HW:Cataclysm (its different though).

Edited by Gizmo

Call of Duty 4

It just never stops being fun!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Quite a simple question, the floor is open to all games with a multiplayer, co-op or MMORPG. I know it's a big, diverse area and there's a bit of apples and oranges comparison, but if you were to play a 'puter game with friends which one would it be?

I generally respect the judgement of forum members here for their good taste, so the results should be interesting. Let the discussion begin.

Cheers

MC

the best multiplayer experience i ever had in Co-Op mode in Doom 2 on Nightmare difficulty... unfortunately i was able to play that kind of game only 3-5 times/year because not many friends around owned PCs at the time...

2nd best is Ikaruga :sorcerer:

And based on how long i played the games...

1st Counter-Strike Classic (not source... it's rubbish compared to original CS)

2nd WoW

3rd Diablo II

4th Warcraft III with Frozen Throne installed

5th Worms: Armaggedon

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

bubblebobbleflyer2.jpg

Edit: After that, it would probably be Battlefield 1942

I second that. The first Quake and the first Worms were also little bits of awesomeness.

Oh, and Unreal Tournament.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Every single multiplayer game ever has sucked ass?

Of what I've played. Including Runescape, Vanguard, and Galaxies. Galaxies wouldn't have been @#$%ed up if George Lucas didn't intervene and say I want it just like World of Warcraft. Bull @#$%. Just like they were planning a KotOR III until LucasArts intervened, BioWare was working on K3 until Lucas intervened, dammit.

I played this game a long time ago and got bored as hell when playing it. And I think the first point is what all those trolls need shoved right up their asses, and also I hate it because people decide to tIPe lykE DiS. Of course I've never played all MMOs but who the hell in the world has.

deicideLogo5.jpg

Every single multiplayer game ever has sucked ass?

Of what I've played. Including Runescape, Vanguard, and Galaxies. Galaxies wouldn't have been @#$%ed up if George Lucas didn't intervene and say I want it just like World of Warcraft. Bull @#$%. Just like they were planning a KotOR III until LucasArts intervened, BioWare was working on K3 until Lucas intervened, dammit.

I played this game a long time ago and got bored as hell when playing it. And I think the first point is what all those trolls need shoved right up their asses, and also I hate it because people decide to tIPe lykE DiS. Of course I've never played all MMOs but who the hell in the world has.

You DO realize that this is about all multiplayer games and not just MMOs, right?

As for the video, MMOs continue being serious business. :)

Edited by Purkake

So you didn't enjoy any multiplayer games?

Battlefield 2, Quake 3, Tribes 1/2, Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, Worms 2/Armageddon/World Party, Bubble Bobble, Mario Kart, Battle Toads, Double Dragon, Contra?

Edited by Purkake

Anybody ever played Re-Volt?

Funniest multiplayer racing game I remember (from Lan parties).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein