What is the best multi-player game ever

Monte Carlo

Mmm... I'm going to go with either Worms 2 or Worms Armageddon.

:)

Anybody ever played Re-Volt?

Funniest multiplayer racing game I remember (from Lan parties).

that rings a bell - racing RC cars right? :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Mmm... I'm going to go with either Worms 2 or Worms Armageddon.

:)

that rings a bell - racing RC cars right? :)

Yes :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

then yes i do remember it :)

vague memories of unlocking a car that was a panda...

tell me i'm not imagining things! :ermm:

I don't remember a Panda, but I do remember a UFO that was a "skimmer" and glided over the race track :ermm:

There was a similar game around at the time that I never really managed to find (so I only know it from hearsay) where you duelled in little Airfix modelplanes, being a multiplayer combat flight simulator.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So you didn't enjoy any multiplayer games?

Battlefield 2, Quake 3, Tribes 1/2, Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, Worms 2/Armageddon/World Party, Bubble Bobble, Mario Kart, Battle Toads, Double Dragon, Contra?

So you don't really enjoy MMOs, but play them anyway and also avoid all other multiplayer games for whatever reason?

Pretty weird if you ask me.

Count me in that group :ermm:

I avoid MMOs like the plague, and will only (and rarely) play multiplayer RTS (for the better AI ~usually).

~If you read post #32, you'll see that my choices were all RTS (and two of them I've never played MP)

One of the things I liked in FO3 (call it a sigh of relief), was that for all the wack re-inventiveness, FO3 remains singleplayer just as before. That gets them a start in my book.

If its not for PC, and/or does not have a dedicated single player mode (that's worth playing) ~I won't buy it.

Edited by Gizmo

So there are actually people who play PC games but have never played an online/LAN FPS?

Playing UT or Q3 back in the day was soo much fun.(and it still is)

I've played them. My first online Quake match lasted from 8 o'clock to 7 o'clock, but that was before I'd played an RTS, and I've not played MP FPS since (*wait... one exception; I played MP Halo Demo, because a friend really, really wanted to, so I set it up for him and played a few rounds), but in general, MP FPS is not how I'd want to spend my time.

Edited by Gizmo

Oh well, I like the jump in/jump out nature of the FPSs, RTSs usually requite a lot of waiting, planning and people disconnecting when they are losing.

I guess I'm lucky then, as that's never happened to me.

*(of course, that's because I only play LAN; Hamachi is still effectively LAN :brows:)

Edited by Gizmo

What games are we talking about here, I'm mostly talking about Company of Heroes.

Its not the game, its the other players... I don't play random games from a lobby.

(The games I had in mind were DOW, C&C, Myth, Homeworld, Ground Control...Dungeonkeeper :brows:)

Most of those might even work on dial-up, so the connection is always fine, and the other players just wouldn't quit for losing; and if one loses too much, we might all play coop against multiple CPU armies.

EDIT: If you can actually get 3 people together to play an RTS then great.
When I play MP RTS, its usually 3-way C&C or Dawn of War. We're working on 3-way Cataclysm, but not all of us own it yet. Edited by Gizmo

So you don't really enjoy MMOs, but play them anyway and also avoid all other multiplayer games for whatever reason?

Pretty weird if you ask me.

I dont play MMO's anymore. Only if I watch gameplay videos will I maybe do it if the game has a storyline and has an ending and not just some bull crap like WoW.

deicideLogo5.jpg

Oh yeah... it was long time ago, but we spent like 2000+ hours playing it in our local internet-caffe few years ago!!!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The original Doom --mostly for nostalgia reasons I suppose, but also because of its easy simplicity & player freedom in FPS co-op. Newer FPS multi-player that we've tried (admittedly not a lot), haven't liked much. Too much emphasis on either non-campaign, single 'maps' that you play on over and over and over or on non-co-op play.

Diablo2 -- utter monster-bashing random chaos at it's best, or a few friends and you at it's best

WoW --if you liked it enough to play it obsessively for months, it's likely going to be on your list. :aiee:

PS...Dungeon Keeper1 isn't the best multiplayer by any means, but when my husband and I played it that way, it was a hilarious blast. I always wanted to play it w/the max of ...four or five, can't remember...but never had the opportunity.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Since I'm playing an MMO beta at the moment, I'm AGAIN reminded of how utterly ****ing annoying it is to play with people you don't choose yourself. First, I am playing on an EU server. That means everyone in Europe plays on the same servers and the main chat is constantly being spammed by Czech's and Polish and what-not. And German people. Always German people. And they won't stop spamming! They keep spamming the same gibberish over and over AND OVER for hours on end, always ending their oh-so-important questions with "???????!!??????!?????". It's like they are of a lesser intelligence.

Then we have these grind quests. "Kill ten spies". Sure.. except, everyone else is also doing that. So those 30 or so spies that spawn on one piece of the map are constantly being assaulted by 100 players. I think it took me two hours of fighting for mobs with Czech idiots before I could finally advance THE MAIN QUEST.

Not only that.. There is only ONE gathering skill in the game, no matter if you want to pick flowers, mine ore or collect wood. And since some of the MAIN QUESTS involve "Get me ten silver ore", everyone needs to gather everything (Silver is quite high level gatherers resource). Guess how much there is to gather then, among the 100 Czech/Polish/German screaming idiots?

Why do people play MMO's again?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!