so pissed at Obsidian

So now the Bio forum people are coming here to complain now?

That can't be. I haven't spotted any romance threads yet... :(

This is but a scout, soon they'll be here in full force equipped with romance threads and more complaints.

You almost sound like you would not want threads like "Omar Nasri Love 3"...

You can't envision yourself as an in-game character when he/she is voiced, really.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I registered here for the sole purpose of saying the following:

P.S. Nobody has to reply to my post, I am not coming back here.

I find it odd that this person assumes people will always approach a role playing experience from the stand point of their own gender. I often role play as the opposite gender, mainly because I see games like this as less of an opportunity to exercise my own narcissistic impulse but rather as a means of exploring approaches and personalities outside my personal scope.

Sometime you have to make concessions for freedom (actually, I'd go so far as to say freedom needs a framework to be meaningful at all). Sometimes it's losing the ability to name your character (Mass Effect). Sometimes it's the look of your character (Baldur's Gate or Fallout). Sometimes it's the "race" of your character (Knights of the Old Republic). This time it's the sex of your character.

I'll page CrashGirl- Oh right. Never mind.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So obviously there's only one thing that can be done. They say we all vote with our purses. So that's it, I will NOT buy this game. Despite my suspicions that it might come out as something like Deus Ex but better (which was one of my favourite games). I thought that I was a freak before and so I didn't come here earlier with this, but lately I met other girls online who thought in the very same way, disappointed with Obsidian and not interested in buying this new game.

Deus Ex was certainly hampered by its lack of female character. Especially in your eyes.

It's your fault you can't see past it, and you'll probably miss out on a really fun game. Your loss.

I'm female and I couldn't give a damn whether I'm able to play as one or not. It's a videogame, not my new, improved life.

This has to be at the top 10 "stupidest reasons for not buying a game".

Finally, a voice of reason. :)

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Comedy gold right here, folks. Oh, $10.00 says that the TC is a guy. ;)

Back in the civilized world we used to call the thread starter OP or original poster.

So, you are suggesting that I am uncivilized because I said TC instead of OP? Go find another bag of straws to grab at, as you are grasping at thin air with that one. What is the big deal, my friend? Can't handle a little humor in regards to what is obviously quite a humorous post? Or do you just feel the need to be an ass for no apparent reason?

Back in the civilized world we used to call the thread starter OP or original poster.

So, you are suggesting that I am uncivilized because I said TC instead of OP? Go find another bag of straws to grab at, as you are grasping at thin air with that one. What is the big deal, my friend? Can't handle a little humor in regards to what is obviously quite a humorous post? Or do you just feel the need to be an ass for no apparent reason?

The "civilized world" part was obviously a joke. Maybe you should not take everything so seriously?

You'd think that someone making jokes would also recognize one.

Edited by Purkake

The "civilized world" part was obviously a joke. Maybe you should not take everything so seriously?

You'd think that someone making jokes would also recognize one.

Well, it was worded in a literal sense, so maybe that is why it came off that way. You obviously had issue with me saying TC rather than OP or you never would have even made a 'joke' about it to begin with. Regardless, it's petty and water under the bridge.

Well, it was worded in a literal sense, so maybe that is why it came off that way. You obviously had issue with me saying TC rather than OP or you never would have even made a 'joke' about it to begin with. Regardless, it's petty and water under the bridge.

It was just an off-hand comment, made because I actually had to figure out what TC meant.

Edited by Purkake

It was just an off-hand comment, made because I actually had to figure out what TC meant.

It's cool, my friend. No worries.

Well, I still haven't, but the meaning has become clear from this later discussion ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well ... hmmm ... okay ... nope ... but ... I have nothing articulate to say it seems.

Perhaps we could try to stay somewhat OT - the intent seems to be about gender and gaming ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: