so pissed at Obsidian

Well, according to the Sega website it is out now. Where is it? Sega is the official site so I like to know why it isn't in stores yet if Sega says it is out. This would be something to be pissed about.

Why don't you go ask Sega, then?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Who plays an RPG to play as themselves?

I often do.

Why exactly? and if I may ask... What distinction do you have between an RPG and an Adventure title?

See, I can not figure out why Oblivion has a name for your PC, BG1 & 2 have names and it makes sense

~Do you pretend that you were born in Candle Keep and have a childhood friend in Imoen? [that's not supposed to be the least bit sarcastic or joking at your expense ~its a serious question].

I also play RPGs pretty much exclusively as myself. But 'as myself' means a character with my morality and motivations in the 'skin' and circumstances of whatever the game's protagonist is. Given that my real self would probably seek a comfortable, peaceful life and stay out of trouble I have no illusions that it is the real me, it is just the fantasy me.

When I have the option to customise my character visually I try to emulate a version of my younger (and usually in better physical shape) self, but visuals are not a big deal for me. I can put myself in any 'skin'. I do not play female characters when I have a choice, but I would probably not pass on a good game if that was the only option.

On other issues:

To the people with the inane teenage level sexist comments: I pity you

To the OP: As a person that does reject games due to pet peeves (and AP looks to be one of them due to the dialogue timer) I understand your position. However focusing the story on a specific character rather than a generic custom made one will probably lead to a better story, so I will support the devs on that one.

I am female and I will not be buying this game. But...not because there is no choice of gender. I simply do not like "secret agent" stuff, never have. My husband used to love all the James Bond et al movies, no matter how many times they were on TV, he would watch them!

I do prefer RPG's where I can play as a female, but it won't stop me from buying a game, if it sounds interesting to me. (I loved PS:T, for example.)

I really enjoy science fiction/horror, but there are few to no RPG's in this particular catagory, (but there's shooter after shooter) so I had been looking forward to Aliens. (Sigh) And, personally, Mass Effect was a huge disappointment in the RPG department, even though it was sci-fi.

What's the difference between "there", "their" and "they're"?   Apparently, none.     :huh: