THE END OF THE WORLD!

Nihilus5078

Do you think 2012 will be the end? I think it's utterly Bull @#$% because people have been through this before, like "Oh the world is going to end in 1900", "Oh, the world is going to end in 1937.", "Oh the world is going to end in 2000." False claims I guess but whoever started this should be burned alive because this bull crap is annoying. True, the Milky Way will collide with it's closest neighbor, Androma, however, the Solar System might still be there, even when they collide, and the Sun will eventually blow up and suck up Mercury, Venus, and possibly Earth, but both of those events aren't scheduled to happen for another few billion years, which I'm sure the amount of tech will be enough to fill up the entire Solar System, what do you think time will suddenly stop? I think not. Complete Bull @#$%. Your thoughts?

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

I didn't start this Bull @#$%, astronomers observed it and obviously this, this, and some and some false claims about 2006 being the end. I dont think the world will end. Christian Bull @#$% is what I think this is.

Well, as you said, such predictive nonsense has been around for ages and ages...nothing new....what I was actually more interested in was this part of your first post:

True, the Milky Way will collide with it's closest neighbor, Androma,

I wasn't aware it was supposed to do that in 2012. (ie, what, exactly, is supposed to happen in 2012...or are you objecting to the predictive concepts in a more generalized way?)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It wont collide in 2012, in like a few billion years, but I willing to bet that tech will be several lightyears long that that might be able to be avoided. Androma is nearly 10 times more massive than the Milky Way, so the Milky Way may very well just become a part of Androma, which is how some galaxies become internally huge, bu feeding on smaller galaxies. The Mayan thing is probably what has this being wondered if the end of the world will happen, but hey, how long ago was that stuff thought to be true, 2000 years ago maybe, you cant possibly claim that a 2000 year old calender is accurate.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

Where's my shaking head icon? Okay, I'll assume you're being serious instead of playing the poor man's lord of flies.

You cite Christians in your last sentence, but every one of your links contains something about other religions. Do you really think that Christians invented end of the world prophecies? ...Or do you think that maybe they've been around for a long long time? See, I even gave you a multiple choice question.

There, you manged to get a response from a Christian. You must be clever.

It wont collide in 2012, in like a few billion years, but I willing to bet that tech will be several lightyears long that that might be able to be avoided.

Then what was the point in stating a specific date, if you're not refuting a specific predictive claim?

I guess I'll just respond by stating my opinion that I think predicting the end of the world for a specific date/year is an exercise in general futility? :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Did this really require a topic?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

They know it wont happen any time soon, and probably not on December 21, the chances of that are 1 in 365 or 1 in 366. But even though they're saying it'll happen, it might not happen because you cant come up with accurate predictions that are set some billion years in the future. And I wouldn't be surprised if this bull crap is nothing more than christan theories or some random person making this stuff up.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

2012 is the end of the Mayan calendar, and from what we've been able to decipher, December 26th (or 24th, or 12th, depending on your sources) they say the world will end as we know it.

Mayan astronomers were amazingly accurate in regard to celestial events, so there you go.

You mean "Andromeda", right?

Yeah. Unless somehow the cosmological constant is blown to smithereens in three years and the universe somehow undergoes an absurdly fast contraction... no chance in hell. Why are you asking this again?

Where's my shaking head icon? Okay, I'll assume you're being serious instead of playing the poor man's lord of flies.
:)

If the world ends, it's going to be the Christians' fault, fyi.

Also, we need a :shakehead: icon for this guy. I can't remember how long he's been asking for it!

Mayan astronomers were amazingly accurate in regard to celestial events, so there you go.
Yeah. They sucked at math, too.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You cite Christians in your last sentence, but every one of your links contains something about other religions. Do you really think that Christians invented end of the world prophecies? ...Or do you think that maybe they've been around for a long long time? See, I even gave you a multiple choice question.

There, you manged to get a response from a Christian. You must be clever.

No, I'm sure Christians didn't invent "The End of the World" theories and philosiphies, if they did, there would probably be a bounty on all Christians heads and result in practically another holoucast, only with Christians.

deicideLogo5.jpg

The world shall end when Birnam Wood doth come to Dunsinane.

Wait...

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I remember an episode of Penn and Teller's Bull**** where they had on some group of people who all believed that had dolphin spirit guides.

Point is: People believe a lot of wonky ****.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Not related to the end of the world at all, but justr as an informative bit:

If anyone is interested in communing with their dolphin spirit guide:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The only time I'll take a special interest in Dolphins is when they pack up and leave with the message 'So long and thanks for all the Fish' :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What is that? It says it's "not available in my country due to copyright reasons". :p

R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

And I wouldn't be surprised if this bull crap is nothing more than christan theories

It's like product placement, only with ANGAH

Point not found...

I wonder if the end of the world is trademarked? If not, I could register it and start a "End of The World" ® franchising business, licensing it out to all those who wants end of world events >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Penn & Teller: Bull**** had an episode about Planet X, the year 2012 and so on about 2 weeks ago.

Basically, the people behind it wanted to make money on people's fears.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest PoziomyPion

So people still believe in this Daniken stuff?

This all Planet X, year 2012 stuff is just one big LOLipop on a lolerskates! You have this Daniken taking some events from history and adding to it some stupid theory. His books still sell, 'cause he uses greatly peoples stupidity and their lack of knowlegde. Just take something like Pyramids, say it couldnt be build by humans(so it must have been ALIENS!),invent some proof to back up your theory and guess what? Money will start printing like crazy $$$!