What are you playing now

Gorth

Venetica is out today, but I haven't bought it yet. I'm now carefully observing the official forums.... So far it seems like the game is buggy, but very good.

I'm interested in this one myself... art design reminds me of BG&E.

Strangely enough, all new games I've played this year are European developed.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Still Mech -Commander 2

Finished the original Carver 5 campaign then moved on to battle Starfox's Rebirth of White Company. Now I'm planning to tackle Wolfman X's Campaign(s) starting with Pictures of Rebellion. You can grab the campaigns as stand alone packs here

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

My Baldur's gate game is coming the a conclusion. I'm only at level 5 though, as is my party of Imoen, Xan, Branwen, Viconia, and some elf ranger. Im guessing I'll gain another level during the final stuff (if I return to BG I get arrested) but I'm not sure if that is good enough for making the jump to BG2. Ah well, I'm bored walking around the countryside.

You automatically get bumped up to 89,000 experience when you import to BG2 if you haven't yet hit that point. Also, the elf is Kivan. :(

WoW, got booted from my guild for apping to another guild because the first one was basically starting to edge me out in terms of participation.

I just laughed when the raid leader (who was the one that kicked me) asked how loyal i was to the guild... I responded by asking how loyal he was to his raiders :(

Sounds like WoW is serious business.

:p

It's as serious as sports in some aspects. Basically what happened was I went from Starting point guard to the bench as the replacement if the PG got injured or needed a small rest. I like raiding, and I'd told another officer that if I felt I wasn't going to do what I like, I'd change to do what I wanted. When I did start changing things the first officer (who booted me) got butthurt because it meant that this guild wasn't the most important thing in the world.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

finished story mode on BATMAN!

then I solved all the riddles/found all his hidden trophies (goddamn joker teeth, I was searching for ONE tooth for about an hour before I finally found the bastard)

the game really reminds me of a mix between bioshock, metal gear solid, and metroid. with a unique combat system. very very fun.

now I'm gonna dive into the challenge mode and try to 100% it

then I'm gonna restart and play the game on hard. though I must say I thought normal was the perfect difficulty, tough at times, but rarely frustrating (except maybe the last boss, its a long fight and there are no checkpoints = me getting annoyed at being at the FINAL HIT and screwing it up THREE times in a row, meaning I have to do the whole 10-15 minute fight all over again...)

my only real gripe with the game is that there are basically only 4 boss styles, and you fight one particular style very very frequently. I wish there was just a tad more variation in those fights.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I wish they would get more great games in their catalogue, like torment. As far I know, they have tried but for some reason haven't succeeded.

Well, at the moment, they're adding several games a week but, yeah, I do wish they could get Baldur's Gate I/II, IceWind Dale, Torment, etc.. :(

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I don't think those games will be possible due to the obscure nature of D&D IP's computer rights. The IP has gone over to so many different developers and publishers that it seems to be a mess to find out whom you need to and whom you can skip paying to get the old games

Edited by cronicler

I wish they would get more great games in their catalogue, like torment. As far I know, they have tried but for some reason haven't succeeded.

Well, at the moment, they're adding several games a week but, yeah, I do wish they could get Baldur's Gate I/II, IceWind Dale, Torment, etc.. :(

The top 4 most requested games are System Shock 2, Torment, System Shock and Baldur's Gate 2. :p

i check gog every week but so far none of the games I want on there have been added to the catalogue... I'll keep checking though but things don't look too promising for some of them

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Well, at the moment, they're adding several games a week but, yeah, I do wish they could get Baldur's Gate I/II, IceWind Dale, Torment, etc.. :teehee:

The top 4 most requested games are System Shock 2, Torment, System Shock and Baldur's Gate 2. :lol:

If these games are so in demand, I wonder why we aren't seeing new games similar to them.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

now we just need the bioshock equivelent to torment

someone to really go balls out and big budget but still maintain the elements that made the classic a classic

edit: one more reason to be glad for the existence of bioshock, I'm pretty sure the new batman game only exists because of it. and thats a good game too

Edited by entrerix

If only the damn game (Bioshock) had some meat (is an inventory that much of a slowdown for the fast games of our generation? Why not some semblance of character development through both stats and some dialogue from you? Why do we have to be either a mute or a manly mannish man with macho curses every other step?) on its bones... If only....

Bioshock.

I suppose. Although it is such a "streamlined" version of SS2, that is plays more like a reduction of the previous game rather than an actually similar game.

It's like EZ Reader version of SS2.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

you misunderstood my thinking, i think. (purkake)

bioshock took the most essential elements of system shock 2 and then turned off the things which made it more complex, i agree that it dumbed it down, but the spirit survived intact.

NOT LIKE FALLOUT 3 (spirit DID NOT SURVIVE)

however, torment: what made it good was the dialogue and character development and setting, so a "lite" version of torment would just have a much more streamlined combat system (maybe even a bit more actiony-like pushing buttons to whap cranium rats), while retaining all the good writing and style.

so yeah, it will never be released.

nobody plays torment for the tactical combat... streamline that and make it kid friendly, but keep everything else, thats a gem of a game in todays "lite" world

also, im thinking not a remake of torment, just a good, story driven rpg thats got a big snazzy budget and is well written with layers to be uncovered in a unique world, but good, with good combat. so basically im asking for the perfect game and no, no one is making it, let me dream though...

Edited by entrerix

dude. seriously. you cannot tell me that bioshock failed to deliver on its sound design and art design.

i'm starting to figure out your style of conversation

1. say something divisive and somewhat outlandish that will anger others

2. slowly back away from the strength of original statement to something like "well not EVERYTHING... but I thought we were talking..."

don't get me wrong, i like discussing stuff with you, but sometimes you say stuff that you have to KNOW is gonna be shot down

edit: also you totally ignored my points regarding spirit of the original games, because you knew you were wrong and instead of saying "oh yeah whoops didnt think of that" you change the issue a bit to start a NEW argument!

arg, i woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning i guess. sorry if im being rude :teehee:

Edited by entrerix

dude. seriously. you cannot tell me that bioshock failed to deliver on its sound design and art design.

i'm starting to figure out your style of conversation

1. say something divisive and somewhat outlandish that will anger others

2. slowly back away from the strength of original statement to something like "well not EVERYTHING... but I thought we were talking..."

don't get me wrong, i like discussing stuff with you, but sometimes you say stuff that you have to KNOW is gonna be shot down

I tend to agree with Purk. Yes, the game was stylistically, visually interesting, but for me that was about it.

However, despite it's visual style, it completely failed to convince me that I was in an underwater city. Which I felt was a major problem with the environmental design. I could have been running around an apartment complex in downtown NYC. Good enviironmental dsign makes you feel the speace you are in. WHich SS2 did very well with the Von Braun and the RIckenbacker. Despite it's limited graphic capabilities inherent in the Dark Engine.